I'm 29 weeks pregnant with my third kiddo and have no choice but to have this one in a hospital. My CNM and OB are both really pushing the TDaP vaccine. I was supposed to get it last week, but I'm still researching (with minimal luck) and trying to decide if I will get it during this third trimester or if it would be better to wait until after I have the baby. ANY information you wish to share would be helpful, especially links with (as close as possible to) impartial information. Everything I'm coming up with on google is very pro-vax and while I'm not anti -vax, I try to maintain a healthy skepticism and would like some balanced information!
If this information is pertinent, I have not received vaccinations of any kind since I was a child. I have two big kids who are now fully vaccinated and not due for DTaP. My husband is an army medic and not only does he work in a clinic some of the time, but he travels really frequently. He's fully vaccinated, of course, but he still drags home germs. He's very pro-vax and wants me to get it done, preferably now, but is supportive about me getting it done after the birth … as long as I do get it done.
I really hate struggling with vaccination decisions. =-/ My big kids - from a previous relationship - did not even start vaccinations until age 5. This baby will start vaccinations earlier, but selectively, on a delayed schedule. But in the meantime, I am really stressed about the decision to get this done now or after she is born, and I'm feeling really alone in making it. I really appreciate any input.