My son will be 3 in November and my DD is 8 weeks old. I've been tandem nursing, and DS has been nursing to the point where he doesn't eat food any more. Now I anticipated a huge surge in nursing when the baby came....but I expected things to taper back to normal after the first six weeks or so....but if anything it's worse.
I feel like he isn't even recognizing hunger cues for what they are...it's weird. I try to get him to eat food before nursing, but that just turns into a power struggle or him just taking a few bites of something just so that he can nurse. Whenever I ask him if he is hungry he says no, but his mood will start to deteriorate until he nurses (probably because he is starving). I don't know what to do - I can't keep up with this pace physically. He's a big kid (above 38 inches tall and about 37 lbs), and is essentially 95% breast fed...the other 5% is basically me bribing him to eat (although he will willingly eat junk food, but I'm pretty sure that's just because it's "fun").
Has anyone else had this problem?? When did it end??