Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on Today at 9:45 pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 12/4/13
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
August 2013 Chit Chat - Page 6post #101 of 15028/5/13 at 9:51pmpost #102 of 15028/6/13 at 5:13amThread Starter
Yikes! I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with this! She's not going to be able to do anything with used car seats and cribs... maybe as a "peace offering" you can offer to buy them off her? You know, like a little start up money for her and you get some of the stuff back that you need?
Do your parents realize what's going on? Are they able to talk sense into her? Are they able to help her or you?post #103 of 15028/6/13 at 6:15ampost #104 of 15028/6/13 at 8:43ampost #105 of 15028/6/13 at 9:50amI totally get it, Nicole. When my best friend lived with us and we wanted to start a family, I desperately wanted the house to just me and DH. As soon as I found out I was pregnant, I was like - mine mine mine! lol. (Not in those words, but you know what I mean?!) And she was a super nice and quiet roommate - and more than understanding about finding another place to live... not at all like your sister who sounds extremely manipulative and bears an uncanny resemblance to one of my sisters! I never understood the whole "I'm going to take back something I gifted you" thing until I learned about love languages and realized that some people really do base their love on gift-giving so their ultimate backstabbing technique may be to reverse the kind gesture...? That's about all I could wrap my head around with it. Otherwise it just makes absolute nonsense to the point my head hurts.post #106 of 15028/6/13 at 10:03amOh. And Jaimee, I doubt my parents know. And if they did, they've always said they're not involving themselves in this whole situation, so I don't knwow that they'd do anything.
As far as helping goes, no. Haha.
Maybe that's why she did it. I don't know. We'll be fine. We always are. It just side swiped me and I wasn't expecting it at all, so it caught me off guard and made me freak out.post #107 of 15028/6/13 at 10:04ampost #108 of 15028/6/13 at 10:09ampost #109 of 15028/6/13 at 10:18amThread Starter
So this morning I got high. Yep, I managed to ingest too much hemp and had all the crazy side effects of being high and none of the good ones. Dizziness, perception issues, dry mouth, intestinal cramping, and nausea. I eventually lapsed into a deep sleep and woke up feeling much, much better. Thanks to dh for staying home with me and the FOUR kids I was supposed to be watching. I guess I have to just say no to hemp protein powder!post #110 of 15028/6/13 at 10:27ampost #111 of 15028/6/13 at 10:37amThread Starterpost #112 of 15028/6/13 at 10:47amThread Starterpost #113 of 15028/6/13 at 10:48ampost #114 of 15028/6/13 at 11:25amNicole, I get it too. We had a friend living in our basement pre-kids. It was fine for a long time. He was clean, quiet and a good friend of ours. But as soon as I got pregnant, it was time for him to go. Personal space is so, so important. Don't take her behavior personally. It's an asshole move, but in the end it'll be better for everyone.
Jaimee, your milk is fine.post #115 of 15028/6/13 at 1:05pmpost #116 of 15028/6/13 at 1:19pmThread Starterpost #117 of 15028/6/13 at 7:13pm
I'm glad you getting high doesn't affect your nursling. Yay for accidental research!
I'm on a yard sale group on FB. I found someone giving away free girl bedding today that they had received with the crib they bought, but they were having a boy so didn't need it. So I got new bedding! YAY! And we had $90 worth of gift cards that we got for LAYLA at the baby shower that we used towards buying a new car seat today. So we're getting there. I'm off the next three days. Hopefully they have to work, so I can relax and enjoy my house.
Today is my Friday. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.post #118 of 15028/6/13 at 7:25pmAt kind of carseat did you get? You can get two of the seneceras for that. I'm just playing. Way to get it all back under control.
Holy 4-6 year old girls at the park today. I swear, there were so many little girls swarming the boys. Freaked them out a bit. There were easily half a dozen. As soon as they got away from one, another would try to carry them off. It was kind of hilarious. I'm not a very nice mom, just stood there and pushed some random boy on the swings and laughed. I was also asked if I was their mom or dad by more than one kid tonight. I must look a bit butch today.post #119 of 15028/6/13 at 8:02pmpost #120 of 15028/6/13 at 8:23pm
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › I just found out what I'm having :) 3 minutes ago
- › First movements 11 minutes ago
- › Baby names? 22 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions December 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › How are you staying sane? 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- The Beaver Moon 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Due Date Roll Call 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Anyone else not want to see a doctor at all during the first... 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › 2013 in 2013 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Airborne and a yeast infection -- anyone else? 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo