Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on 3/12/14 at 8:04am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 2/3/14
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
August 2013 Chit Chat - Page 58post #1141 of 15028/26/13 at 12:09pmpost #1142 of 15028/26/13 at 12:35pmYay for a good move, Mal.
Abra, I'm cool on the tinfoil hat. I'm not the only person who makes medical decisions for them, so it's someone else's tinfoil hat covering the kids right now.
I was calling around for lip ring prices and Ari asked, "do you have any piercings from the hips down?" Lol. What would possess a child to ask that?post #1143 of 15028/26/13 at 12:51pmpost #1144 of 15028/26/13 at 12:58pmpost #1145 of 15028/26/13 at 1:01pmpost #1146 of 15028/26/13 at 1:10pmpost #1147 of 15028/26/13 at 1:12pmThread Starterpost #1148 of 15028/26/13 at 1:30pmQuote:
She probably heard Sara the other day when I said I wanted to put my lip ring back in. Sara asked if I remembered the doc laughing at me for forgetting to take out the other one when I was in labor.
Edited by seraf - 8/26/13 at 3:23pmpost #1149 of 15028/26/13 at 1:35pmI learned something new today. Anybody here ever heard of or seen a succenturiate placenta, AKA a placenta with an accessory lobe? My sister just sent me a photo of her placenta. Her placenta had a baby placenta! Crazy! The thing was huge. Her midwife and the assistant were apparently oohing and aahing over it, taking pictures and everything. LOL. It's uncommon, only 16 in 10,000 pregnancies or so. Pretty dang interesting for sure.post #1150 of 15028/26/13 at 7:03pm
Sorry I've been quiet today. The charging port on my phone went out, so my phone is dead and I'm rarely on an actual computer. It's super lame. I should have my new phone by Wednesday... Unless of course I go to my doctor appt. that morning and get admitted. ;)
It's in the 90s here, too. Also super lame.post #1151 of 15028/26/13 at 7:17pmNicole, Wednesday is so far away.
Joanie, I've never seen a placenta like that. Pretty wild. My oldest had a weird one. Instead of the cord meeting at the middle of the placenta, it came off one side and looked like a Y. The midwives had seen their first one the month before (another AI baby) and I learned how dangerous it was only during Shay's pregnancy.post #1152 of 15028/26/13 at 10:00pmBeen a pretty crappy day here... I had a migraine all day, Eli refused to nap and was sooooo freaking miserable. He whined non stop and cried for 45 minutes and nothing helped. I decided to go out with him, it was cloudy but I didn't think much of it... As soon as Eli was playing in the park, it started pouring with rain... Nice eh? Eli was mad because we had to leave... I finally wrestled him into the stroller while I was being drenched by rain. I walked home the long way...in the rain (because the weather is so unpredictable in victoria i always have a raincover for the stroller, in the basket below) I was drenched but Eli finally fell asleep for 30 minutes BUT it was 7pmpost #1153 of 15028/27/13 at 5:10am
Sonja, that's no fun at all. I hope today is better for you.
O was up until midnight feeling sick but unable to get the sick out. S is a stinky, sweaty mess this morning and made some laundry. Three down, three to go. The kids go with their mama today and she is none too pleased that A could still infect her. I haven't gotten sick yet (or even burped) but I noticed yesterday that I have barely eaten a thing the last few days so my newly pokey hip bones could be all I have to show for the sickness. I hope.
It's been a funny morning already. O got a bloody nose in the kitchen and S2 slipped in the 2 drops of blood that hit the floor. then, I set off the smoke alarm while making coffee. That's a new low even for me.
Edited by seraf - 8/27/13 at 5:46ampost #1154 of 15028/27/13 at 6:38amThread Starter
Geez you guys! Not fun! Sonja, I'm sorry you aren't feeling well, that Eli didn't help, and then it rained. That blows. Sara, what can I say... stomach bugs are just the worst. I hope your iron constitution keeps it at bay. Sorry about the blood and blood slipping and fire alarm. Did you burn the coffee? LOL!post #1155 of 15028/27/13 at 7:07amYikes, Sara, what a morning you've had! Hey, has anybody here had any luck with any at-home anti-inflammatory treatments of any kind? I'm having severe inflammation in my left foot and I'm limping now. It's getting unbearable. It hurts to even flex it, let alone walk with it. Sora stepped on it yesterday and I screamed. Ibuprofen is only helping a tiny bit. I'm guessing the inflammation is deep inside the foot so I'm not sure what else to do... :( I'm about to have to go to the doctor, and I really don't want to because last time this happened to me I ended up spending hundreds of dollars at the podiatrist for a steroid shot and a boot to walk around in... and then of course everyone asked me, "What happened?" and I didn't have some exciting story to tell them about having broken my foot or anything. Instead I got embarrassed because I didn't have a "cause" to share. I wish this was the same foot I had inflammation in last time because I have a boot already for my right foot! I had bursitis in my heel that time. It was like 3 years ago. This time it's comsuming my entire foot. :( *sigh*post #1156 of 15028/27/13 at 7:28amSorry Sonja and Sara! Sara, maybe you should replace that detector....
Joanie, I'd go to the dr. Hmmm could it be gout? The boot would be embarrassing. Sorry! I didn't get bunion surgery because I would have to wear the Velcro shoes. And you can always make up a story. Say you were injured wrestling a gator. Then pause and say, "You should see the gator."post #1157 of 15028/27/13 at 8:27ampost #1158 of 15028/27/13 at 8:33am
Joanie have you tried Naproxen? I think thats pretty much it for OTC.
Sorry about the crappy morning Sara. There is nothing worst than a stomach flu. Nothing.
Our local teachers just voted to strike, so it looks like we might have an extended summer. They are striking for smaller class sizes and more teachers. They don't even want more pay. And people are mad. Mad that they don't get to send their kids to school, and mad at teachers for messing up their daycare arrangements. People are literally saying "suck it up". And I don't get it- because they are doing this for our kids to have better educations. Its kind of got me fuming this morning, and I haven't even had my coffee.
My husband worked a ton of overtime and saved our vacation. And at my post op yesterday my doc lifted all restrictions- which means I get to go white water rafting. Yay!post #1159 of 15028/27/13 at 8:34ampost #1160 of 15028/27/13 at 8:52am
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › another star publicly refuses to vaccinate and they skewer her in... 9 minutes ago
- › When can I expect much more regular and consistent/frequent... 13 minutes ago
- › Cloth Diapers. 17 minutes ago
- › March 2014 *already*! What did you accomplish today? 18 minutes ago
- › Third Trimester! 19 minutes ago
- › toddler hitting and wanting to talk about it a lot 20 minutes ago
- › Natural Sinus Relief? 22 minutes ago
- › mixed emotions... 22 minutes ago
- › Name Thread? 23 minutes ago
- › Tick/ lyme disease danger at school! 23 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild