Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on 3/12/14 at 8:04am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 3/31/14
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
August 2013 Chit Chat - Page 61post #1201 of 15028/27/13 at 4:06pmpost #1202 of 15028/27/13 at 4:12pmThread Starterpost #1203 of 15028/27/13 at 4:12pmQuote:I love to talk but don't like to interrupt. So I accept phone calls but don't make them except to the many moms in my life.Originally Posted by TalkToMeNow
I prefer calling, but I feel like no one likes talking on the phone anymore. My mom all but refuses, but she wants to have long text conversations. I have friends that I have never talked on the phone with, only texted. I don't mind texting, I just think some things are better said aloud. Better and quicker. I kind of miss phone calls. I'm much funnier on the phone than via text!post #1204 of 15028/27/13 at 4:14pmpost #1205 of 15028/27/13 at 4:16pmpost #1206 of 15028/27/13 at 4:24pmpost #1207 of 15028/27/13 at 5:44pmQuote:
That was hilarious, I was reading along like, huh?
My husband and his coworkers have to have their smartphones gone through every once in a while at work when going in and out of places with top secret things in them or whatever...people have stories of hilarious stuff they put in their phones just because they know someone will see it.post #1208 of 15028/27/13 at 5:47pm
LOL! Too funny, Sara.
I text a lot. A LOT. I'm surprised I haven't gotten called out at work about it. Oops! It keeps me feeling social and content while doing mind-numbing activities. I usually only email if I have a need for longer explanations/discussions, have multiple photos to send, hyperlinks to include, and/or I'm reaching my grandma for shorter than a phone call (since she doesn't text). Like some others here, I talk on the phone to select people (BFFs, family members, etc). But - I'd totally love to talk to anyone on the phone if they were phone talkers! I agree with Amanda; not many people like to talk on the phone these days! I think they're afraid of awkward silences. I used to be like that. Now I don't care. You know who your best friends are when you can sit on opposite ends of a phone line and be silent for a few and not immediately jump to, "Hello?! HELLO?!" I mostly use phone convos to catch up with someone I haven't spoken to in a long time. As for people I'm in contact with regularly? There isn't enough to talk about on the phone!
^^^ See how much I can talk about any random subject? I can totally carry on long-winded phone conversations if provoked. Ha!
Oh, Nicole, I meant to tell you that internal vagina punches from fetus are the WORST. I vividly remember posting about those, they hurt so bad...post #1209 of 15028/27/13 at 6:05pmpost #1210 of 15028/27/13 at 6:09pmpost #1211 of 15028/27/13 at 6:11pmpost #1212 of 15028/27/13 at 6:18pmpost #1213 of 15028/27/13 at 6:25pmMy grandma is dead (she was Betty). My grandpa just got a debit card and still can't figure out how to use it. My great grandma on the other hand...she posted pics of what the wildfire in CA did to her house on Facebook today. She forwards me 3,000 messages a day. And still sends the kids saving bonds for every birthday.post #1214 of 15028/27/13 at 6:29pmpost #1215 of 15028/27/13 at 6:47pm
Lol, Joanie. I can go on and on (and on), too. It's my gift.
I have no grandparents anymore. My parents are getting older, but not old yet. They have facebook and they text. My dad signs his texts. He refuses to use a debit card; he's the guy holding up the line at the store. Older mom experience: I was visiting them a few weeks ago, and we were at the pool. I looked over and thought, "Who's that old lady smiling at us?" It was my mom. Woah.post #1216 of 15028/27/13 at 6:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by CDsMom1031
Okay. Educate me in dumb terms, please. Differentiating between contractions and baby movements...
Let me try to explain what I'm feeling...
I know when Layla is moving up North. Like, I can feel her twisting and turning up near my rib cage, but every once in awhile, I get this quick, sharp shooting pain that, if I'm standing up, makes me curdle over in pain. It only lasts a second or two, but it comes in three or four bursts at a time. It's pain like, IN my vagina. Equal to where your pubes grow... But on the inside. THOSE, I can't tell if it's a contraction or if that's just her head and it's a snug fit so it hurts more. They also happen a lot more when I'm being active. Like running around with Conner just now, they happened probably ten times... But when I'm sitting, they don't happen nearly as often. UGH.
They also make me feel like I have to pee like, as soon as it happens. That's why I don't know if it's just her head pushing stuff or.......... What. FML!
Not contractions. I call it "lightening crouch". It feels like cervical or vaginal stabs/shots, yes? Normal. *hugs*post #1217 of 15028/27/13 at 6:55pmpost #1218 of 15028/27/13 at 7:07pm
My Dad's parents don't do any kind of technology outside of basic cable.
My Mom's parents both have Facebook and post regularly.
No great grandparents alive.
Conner peed on the potty tonight. Then when he got up, he grabbed his man parts again. I said, "Do you need to go potty again?" He shook his head yes. I said, "Then come sit down on the potty again. That's where you go potty." And he walked over, sat down, and PEED AGAIN!!! =Dpost #1219 of 15028/27/13 at 7:17pmpost #1220 of 15028/27/13 at 7:44pm
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Family dies of Diphtheria! 2 minutes ago
- › Word Association Conga Line 8 minutes ago
- › Copper IUD and Side effects 13 minutes ago
- › filling vegan foods 20 minutes ago
- › Here comes the Sun Oct 2014! Spring pregnancy after loss thread 22 minutes ago
- › Foods you can actually eat 34 minutes ago
- › Stupid vent. Shower planning. I shouldn't care... 48 minutes ago
- › Dinner - What Are You Having? 55 minutes ago
- › Stripped membranes 58 minutes ago
- › Hi everyone 1 hour ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool