There was also talk of it being a ladies drunken weekend.Which I am all for.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on Today at 9:06 am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 12/4/13
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
August 2013 Chit Chat - Page 27post #522 of 15028/18/13 at 6:44pmpost #523 of 15028/18/13 at 6:48pmpost #524 of 15028/18/13 at 6:58pmpost #525 of 15028/18/13 at 7:00pmThread Starter
Hmmm... Chicago and St. Louis are about the same, though Chicago is a bit closer for me. And closer for Joanie, too, right? I've only been there once and the traffic was terrifying and I learned to drive in Seattle! What did people have in mind? I'm not sure about a drunken weekend as I'd like to meet our kiddos, hence they'd have to come along.
When will you be in Chicago in November, Amanda? I know we're having company around Thanksgiving for about 8 days and unfortunately dh has a conference in San Antonio sometime that month, too.post #526 of 15028/18/13 at 7:05pmpost #527 of 15028/18/13 at 7:18pmpost #528 of 15028/18/13 at 7:28pmpost #529 of 15028/18/13 at 10:33pmpost #530 of 15028/18/13 at 10:34pmpost #531 of 15028/18/13 at 10:46pmpost #532 of 15028/18/13 at 10:49pmpost #533 of 15028/18/13 at 10:51pmpost #534 of 15028/19/13 at 4:33ampost #535 of 15028/19/13 at 6:17am
Yay fat cat!
When I post from my phone, I just select all and copy every few minutes in case my post disappears. Notes is a good idea.
I will (most likely) be in Chicago from Nov 4-10. However, I’m not available on the weekend. L I’ll be in meetings and at a conference on the 5th, and then I will be in a seminar related to my exam from 8-5 each day on the 8th – 10th. I’m only free on the evening of the 5th through the evening of the 7th. (Joanie, yes… I think I decided to stay through rather than fly home!) So my trip may not be a helpful meet-up time. But I will have a nice hotel room if anyone wants to come hang out for a midweek party!
With enough notice, I could meet another time. I’d have to fly; I’m not driving to the Midwest for a weekend. No thank you! I definitely could not afford two tickets, which means if Jasper was coming it would have to be before he turns 2. Whatever. I’m flexible. I’d have to really bug dh, but I can typically handle him. Lol.post #536 of 15028/19/13 at 6:28am
Ooooo or I could do the weekend of Nov 2 and 3. I could just fly in early (company will pay), and then I will go back home after the meeting on the 5th for two days. I wouldn't have a hotel room, though, so someone would have to host! I could also fly into a different city as long as it is close enough that I can take a train to Chicago. No Jasper, though, but I have always been on the toddler free side.
Do you like my crazy planning ideas?? I'm a goofball.post #537 of 15028/19/13 at 6:42ampost #538 of 15028/19/13 at 6:46amI like the planning ideas. I'm more free midweek. The weekend of the 2nd I have twice as many kids so I couldn't sneak away, they would have to come. Since none of us lives in Chicago, hosting would be an issue all around for the locale. I was going to ask if anyone wanted to split a hotel room if we really do that with no kids. Lol. I highly doubt anyone would want to room share with my kids.post #539 of 15028/19/13 at 6:54amThread Starter
Yikes, this is starting to get complicated. I can't ditch dh with the kids during the week b/c he has to work and we don't have childcare options. It would need to be a weekend for me. I would assume it would be a one night/2 days sort of thing- like we get a rental house or a few hotel rooms at the same hotel, plan a few activities to do in the area, etc. Of course, November in Chicago is not ideal weather wise... I still have to get dh's conference dates.post #540 of 15028/19/13 at 7:04am
I'm seriously pretty flexible. I threw out all the possible dates I'd already be in the Midwest just because that is convenient for me. And I can definitely go in on a room. However, if it's another time, I'd have to fly in as well, so the room would be tougher...
And if nothing pans out, anyone is welcome to come hang with me in Chicago during those midweek days! Free hotel room! I just checked, and trains from the major cities nearby are less than $30!
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Caffeine....yes or no? 1 minute ago
- › 45 degrees in CA, what to wear for 6 month old under Ergo outside? 6 minutes ago
- › Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! 7 minutes ago
- › Pregnant nursing tired 7 minutes ago
- › Holiday cookies - share your best recipe! 7 minutes ago
- › Signs of Labor 14 minutes ago
- › weight gain question... 16 minutes ago
- › December Chat 18 minutes ago
- › Anyone else bleeding? 19 minutes ago
- › Enter the Hyland's Holiday Challenge! 21 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Brian Leaf
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo