There was also talk of it being a ladies drunken weekend.Which I am all for.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on 3/12/14 at 8:04am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 3/31/14
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
August 2013 Chit Chat - Page 27post #522 of 15028/18/13 at 6:44pmpost #523 of 15028/18/13 at 6:48pmpost #524 of 15028/18/13 at 6:58pmpost #525 of 15028/18/13 at 7:00pmThread Starter
Hmmm... Chicago and St. Louis are about the same, though Chicago is a bit closer for me. And closer for Joanie, too, right? I've only been there once and the traffic was terrifying and I learned to drive in Seattle! What did people have in mind? I'm not sure about a drunken weekend as I'd like to meet our kiddos, hence they'd have to come along.
When will you be in Chicago in November, Amanda? I know we're having company around Thanksgiving for about 8 days and unfortunately dh has a conference in San Antonio sometime that month, too.post #526 of 15028/18/13 at 7:05pmpost #527 of 15028/18/13 at 7:18pmpost #528 of 15028/18/13 at 7:28pmpost #529 of 15028/18/13 at 10:33pmpost #530 of 15028/18/13 at 10:34pmpost #531 of 15028/18/13 at 10:46pmpost #532 of 15028/18/13 at 10:49pmpost #533 of 15028/18/13 at 10:51pmpost #534 of 15028/19/13 at 4:33ampost #535 of 15028/19/13 at 6:17am
Yay fat cat!
When I post from my phone, I just select all and copy every few minutes in case my post disappears. Notes is a good idea.
I will (most likely) be in Chicago from Nov 4-10. However, I’m not available on the weekend. L I’ll be in meetings and at a conference on the 5th, and then I will be in a seminar related to my exam from 8-5 each day on the 8th – 10th. I’m only free on the evening of the 5th through the evening of the 7th. (Joanie, yes… I think I decided to stay through rather than fly home!) So my trip may not be a helpful meet-up time. But I will have a nice hotel room if anyone wants to come hang out for a midweek party!
With enough notice, I could meet another time. I’d have to fly; I’m not driving to the Midwest for a weekend. No thank you! I definitely could not afford two tickets, which means if Jasper was coming it would have to be before he turns 2. Whatever. I’m flexible. I’d have to really bug dh, but I can typically handle him. Lol.post #536 of 15028/19/13 at 6:28am
Ooooo or I could do the weekend of Nov 2 and 3. I could just fly in early (company will pay), and then I will go back home after the meeting on the 5th for two days. I wouldn't have a hotel room, though, so someone would have to host! I could also fly into a different city as long as it is close enough that I can take a train to Chicago. No Jasper, though, but I have always been on the toddler free side.
Do you like my crazy planning ideas?? I'm a goofball.post #537 of 15028/19/13 at 6:42ampost #538 of 15028/19/13 at 6:46amI like the planning ideas. I'm more free midweek. The weekend of the 2nd I have twice as many kids so I couldn't sneak away, they would have to come. Since none of us lives in Chicago, hosting would be an issue all around for the locale. I was going to ask if anyone wanted to split a hotel room if we really do that with no kids. Lol. I highly doubt anyone would want to room share with my kids.post #539 of 15028/19/13 at 6:54amThread Starter
Yikes, this is starting to get complicated. I can't ditch dh with the kids during the week b/c he has to work and we don't have childcare options. It would need to be a weekend for me. I would assume it would be a one night/2 days sort of thing- like we get a rental house or a few hotel rooms at the same hotel, plan a few activities to do in the area, etc. Of course, November in Chicago is not ideal weather wise... I still have to get dh's conference dates.post #540 of 15028/19/13 at 7:04am
I'm seriously pretty flexible. I threw out all the possible dates I'd already be in the Midwest just because that is convenient for me. And I can definitely go in on a room. However, if it's another time, I'd have to fly in as well, so the room would be tougher...
And if nothing pans out, anyone is welcome to come hang with me in Chicago during those midweek days! Free hotel room! I just checked, and trains from the major cities nearby are less than $30!
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Hallo (: 24 seconds ago
- › So exhausted!! 3 minutes ago
- › Hi and Indigestion 13 minutes ago
- › Was this punishment too harsh? 15 minutes ago
- › First time Mom looking for a supportive group and other Portland... 18 minutes ago
- › DIY Cleaning Products 19 minutes ago
- › Faint line... BFP or BFN ?? 28 minutes ago
- › Anyone here from Alabama? 38 minutes ago
- › Word Association Conga Line 38 minutes ago
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 14 (starts March 3,... 40 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness