Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on Yesterday at 5:50 pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 12/4/13
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
August 2013 Chit Chat - Page 50post #981 of 15028/23/13 at 6:00pmpost #982 of 15028/23/13 at 6:01pmpost #983 of 15028/23/13 at 6:08pmpost #984 of 15028/23/13 at 6:15pm
Amanda, they're cute. Love all the glasses.
Joanie, did she walk it off? I'm grateful every day that my children aren't like I was as a kid.They have never jumped off so much as a first story roof. I have no advice, I'm a huge roughhouser. Shay has tumbled off a big trampoline before, and I try to impress upon him which situations require safety.
My kids made a rope swing in the yard today.And apparently licked a 9 volt while I laid the babies down.post #985 of 15028/23/13 at 6:19pmpost #986 of 15028/23/13 at 6:46pm
Yes, by that definition, 2 of my 3 kids are gimpy. At my house, someone is nearly always hurt and don't even bring up C.. He SCREAMS every time he gets the smallest bump, we don't even bother to run to his aid anymore. DD1 is my only kid with any coordination, but she is as lazy as can be, We always joke that she has 'princess legs' because she can hardly walk 1 block unless she's motivated to go somewhere. I will often push her in the stroller and Coralie will walk, because she always wants to walk (although she falls a lot).
If her arm is sprained it will likely get swollen or be tender for a while. It's probably okay though, kids are resilient.post #987 of 15028/23/13 at 7:08pmpost #988 of 15028/23/13 at 7:11pmpost #989 of 15028/23/13 at 7:13pmQuote:
Yup, that sounds about right to me.
My kids made a fort that involved the fireplace. Like, inside the fireplace. They got to it by removing the long chaise lounge cushion and making it like a slide from the top of the recliner, nearly straight into the fireplace.
We are big rough housers too. Joanie I hope my post wasn't what made you delete yours? We all have different levels of comfort.post #990 of 15028/23/13 at 7:36pmQuote:
Your kids are beasts, too. My kids put Shay in a sling and swung him in a 20 foot arc while spinning. He couldn't even walk into the house he was so dizzy.Quote:
I did notice them. She must have very light lenses.
If no one's husband will be there, I'm going to leave mine home, too. And would any of us want to go spend a weekend with our SO's online friends? I'm going to go with no here. My gal is out gaming tonight.post #991 of 15028/23/13 at 7:39pmpost #992 of 15028/23/13 at 7:50pmAsh, it's ok, I just deleted it because I'm so easily embarrassed by my emotions lately.
I guess we'll determine how Sora's legs/knees/ankles are tomorrow. She wouldn't let me touch much. She seemed a tad less gimpy before bedtime. Asleep now.
New baby nephew calmed our bad moods over here. 8 lb 12 oz, 21 in long! He looked big in the photos! Cutie. It looks like my sister's birth plan went as hoped. Haven't talked to her all day still but she was holding the baby in the birthing pool in a photo. :-D Yay!post #993 of 15028/23/13 at 7:51pmSara, if my husband had online friends, it would be a total nerd fest. And not in a good way. Her rx is pretty strong. The glasses are for the evening; contacts during the day. They are so nerdy cool that they have math symbols on the corners: + = x and the division sign.
My kids don't get to have that much fun. I am worrier. When dd1 was 3ish, she knew to question if something was a choking hazard for dd2 and was known to scream "do you have a death wish?!" at her in frustration. I can't think of much they have done that is dangerous. My motto is, "It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye."post #994 of 15028/23/13 at 7:57pmThread Starter
Well, my dh will be at the gathering, so partners are definitely welcome. I'm sure dh would appreciate some "other halfs" around for his entertainment. And olders are welcome, too. Dd will be 7 by then and loves older kids. But we can figure this all out when the time comes.
Congrats on your nephew, Joanie! And great news that things seem to have gone well!! Sorry that you're fighting with your dh and that Sora got hurt. It's always hard when they are actually hurt and you blame your partner for bad judgement. Dh dropped Austin on his head while rough housing when he was really little and I just couldn't believe it. But kids get over things so quickly. I hope she's all better in the morning!post #995 of 15028/23/13 at 8:02pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Mal85
Speaking of free-range, a friend from my other DDC recently appeared in an article about free-ranging her kids. I literally just got done reading it. Here's a link if you're interested in reading. She's Courtney. http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/free-range-kids-find-freedom-self-reliance-in-tampa/2137957
A local friend just posted this on my FB page since I was FBing about the whole leaving your kid home along thing. She said it was a friend of hers from her DDC. So I guess you two were in the same DDC! Her name is Ashley. Know her?post #996 of 15028/23/13 at 8:07pmJoanie, you delete a lot, don't you?
Jaimee, every time I get together with a group of women and their husbands, I usually wind up with the menfolk, so I'm cool either way.
Amanda, we're not a bunch of geeks? I think Nicole and maybe Mal are not. Those west coasters sound like fun. Her glasses sound adorable.post #997 of 15028/23/13 at 8:08pmpost #998 of 15028/23/13 at 8:12pmThread Starter
Did you accidentally hide me? You can try moving me up to a higher status like "close friend" for a while and maybe if we comment on each others' stuff more often we'll see more of each others' stuff. I think that's how it all works. Not sure though. I typically post a status each day, sometimes more, sometimes links to pics, etc.post #999 of 15028/23/13 at 8:14pmpost #1000 of 15028/23/13 at 8:19pm
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Social anxiety disorder in 3 yo 11 seconds ago
- › 35+ Mamas 3 minutes ago
- › 45 degrees in CA, what to wear for 6 month old under Ergo outside? 7 minutes ago
- › My daughter has been spending way to much time with her Boyfriend.... 8 minutes ago
- › Craft projects for your baby 14 minutes ago
- › DP says no presents--just coal in stockings this year! 17 minutes ago
- › Downsizing the living room 17 minutes ago
- › Want to help a family in need this holiday season? Become a Holiday... 19 minutes ago
- › December chat thread! 19 minutes ago
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 12 (enrolling through... 20 minutes ago
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Polar Express by Alyssa Eisner
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo