- categoryEducationtagged by lilysmama1124, 8/3/13
Related Forum Threads
- would you consider using online school? Last post on 3/13/14 at 2:07am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Hands On Math Curriculum for K-1 in a Co-op setting Last post on 3/9/14 at 4:22pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- possible micro school for 2e kiddos forming in nj Last post on 3/9/14 at 7:08am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Minecraft homeschool Last post on 3/13/14 at 10:24pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- (Where) is the(re) line for in/appropriate artwork for children? Last post on 3/5/14 at 8:35am in Learning at Home and Beyond
Homeschooling with YouTube
Last edited: 3/5/14
- A Journey Through Childhood with SeussLast edited: 3/4/14
- Special Needs Children in Italian SchoolsLast edited: 2/24/14
- Homeschooling while Working from HomeLast edited: 2/18/14
- Day in the Life of a Homeschooler, Part 3Last edited: 2/18/14
SPD homeschoolpost #1 of 58/3/13 at 9:01amThread Starterpost #2 of 58/4/13 at 11:21am
Would sitting on an exercise ball work instead of a wobbly chair? I know ADHD kids that benefit from it because they can move/wiggle/bounce. Obviously ADHD and SPD are not the same thing, but maybe that would work. I mention it because you can find exercise balls for pretty cheap.
Maybe the special needs board would know of great resources too.
Amypost #3 of 58/12/13 at 10:38pmpost #4 of 58/25/13 at 12:49am
My son is sensory seeking. We are starting our first year of home schooling, so I don't have any experience, but my plan is to count on a lot of breaks for movement and to encorporate sensory breaks as well. My son loves playing in the sand and thera putty, so if he's getting figity, I will have him take breaks. He can also do school work while on the swing or playing in the sand or with putty. We have a swingset outside but also a swing in the living room.post #5 of 58/25/13 at 8:53pm
Three of my kids have sensory issues.
Exercise ball, lap pad and music.
You can make a weighted lap pad with a half a yard of material and a package of beans or rice. This is a little easier to use than the full size blanket during school work.
My oldest does her work with far less problem if I let her listen to the mp3 player while she works.
Do you own the book Out of Sync Child has Fun? I've been using activities in there to break up our more formal schooling activities.
Best of luck.
- A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss
- › March 2014 *already*! What did you accomplish today? 17 minutes ago
- › when did you discover your child had an eye problem? and what was... 31 minutes ago
- › Bumps downstairs.. 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Teach acceptable noise levels 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Breast pads 2 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Looking for sweets and cookies that are healthy and taste nice 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › How you know you have "Pregnancy Brain" 2 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 2 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Kids, 10+, what's important? Also: getting kids informed 2 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › The BEST baby product you own? 3 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild