Hey Dec 2012 DDC mamas! We miss you! We'd love to hear how things are going for you and see a pic of your little one, if you don't mind sharing. How is motherhood is treating you?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Welcome, Babies! Last post on 2/27/13 at 8:55pm in December 2012 Due Date Club
- Feelin' Birthy--come share your journey to Birth with the symptoms/changes you are... Last post on 1/2/13 at 10:51pm in December 2012 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat - September 17-23 Last post on 9/26/12 at 1:13pm in September 2012 Due Date Club
- Begging for baby pictures! Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:32pm in September 2012 Due Date Club
- Breastfeeding Support Last post on 12/17/12 at 12:31pm in August 2012 Birth Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 12/4/13
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
Update!post #1 of 238/3/13 at 3:01pmThread Starterpost #2 of 238/3/13 at 3:21pmpost #3 of 238/3/13 at 3:22pmI always get nervous when I get a PM from an administrator, LOL.
J and I are doing okay. He's just barely 7 months old, still spitting up pretty regularly, still not sitting or crawling, kinda fussy, has a beautiful smile, likes to babble, learning a sign or two, loves his big brother and sister.post #4 of 238/3/13 at 4:09pm
Lydia is doing very well! She was born on New Year's Eve (I was mainly in the January DDC, so no one in this group probably remembers me!) and is 7 months old now. She has been sitting by herself for about a month. She is EBF but has tasted a little squash and avocado so far. Over 19 pounds at her 6 month check up. She has more chub than my other babies did, and I just love it!!!post #5 of 238/3/13 at 5:14pmpost #6 of 238/3/13 at 5:25pmQuote:
Lydia is my rainbow baby, too, also conceived just a few months after miscarriage. And my husband very much wanted to name her... PENELOPE. :) Loved the name, but we finally agreed on my first choice.Quote:
She was due 1/8, so I was shocked to have her here less than 6 hours before midnight! She came so fast compared to the one before her. She was very sweet, giving us the tax deduction and all, LOL.post #7 of 238/3/13 at 5:54pmpost #8 of 238/3/13 at 6:33pm
I LOVE hearing how everyone's wee ones are at different stages!
I spent several years planning on not having another baby. I don't regret it because it was right at the time, but I can't believe I might have missed out on all the joy I'm experiencing with my little guy if I hadn't changed my mind. He is such a treat. Ack, I just adore him! Today he and DD were rolling the ball to each other and DH has taken to carrying him on his back while I'm at work. He is so smiley and sweet, I could go on for too long.
He is 19 pounds and eats bananas and grapefruit for fun. He crawls and like to pull himself up on things about 8 inches high (like the bed on the floor) and "walk" side to side.
We went to a Big Latch On event this morning. Anyone else make it to one?
I was never in an online group as close as this before and don't plan to anytime soon, so I appreciate all the mamas out there for all the support and good times!post #9 of 238/3/13 at 7:27pm
Sawyer was a New Year's Day baby! He is just over 7 months now and was 22.5lbs at his 6 month check up! he is crawling and loves protein (chicken, steak, etc) and anything super flavorful (like garlic lovers humus!)
My daughter is almost 3.5 and is a handful, but we are learning as we go! Still loving mothering more than one.post #10 of 238/3/13 at 7:52pm
My Itty Bitty Pretty is now 8 months old, and loves solid food. Can't get enough of it, I have to watch her volume intake or we have big spit ups (and more fussy hunger!). Her favorite summer snack is two ripe plums. She has one little tiny two-day-old tooth and its cuuuuuuute.
She's not the lest bit the drama queen her birth would have implied. I was in the Nov DDC so y'all missed the three act play she put on, every weekend was a labor day for three weeks running. Then, 45 minutes, everyone drives toward me frantically, but poof. UBAC. Best, most painful, most beautiful birth yet.
Excited to see all the other mamas baby stories! This group was exceptionally active and fun, even if I did have to duck out when my due date officially became Nov 30. :) Y'all were the best and I can't wait to see how the other littles are doing.post #11 of 238/3/13 at 11:50pm
Gosh, I was only an active part of the DDC for the first trimester until I had a huge SCH and spent the 2nd trimester laying low and hoping the pregnancy would be viable so I kind of stopped participating in the group. Great news though, the SCH subsided and I went on to have a full term baby! Our surprise baby turned out to be a boy and he's been such a joy. He is by far the happiest, most easy going baby I have had and is a healthy 23 or 24 lbs at 8 months (he was born Dec 5th, two days after his due date). He loves to eat food and loves his booby time. It's so funny going from my last baby who didn't really eat meals until a year to this one who snatched a green bean off my plate at 5 1/2 months, shoveled it into his mouth and actually chewed. LOL
His favorite foods are goat cheese and blueberries.post #12 of 238/4/13 at 7:10ampost #13 of 238/5/13 at 7:37amMy son is "creeping" and sitting up, not quite crawling though he loves jumping and trying to stand. 7.5 months old and 16#. Was born at 8#12oz.
Motherhood is treating me well, but holy cow relentless. We cosleep, and he nurses all night every night. Reverse cycling, but it is actually preferable. I miss him terribly at work.
I can't wait to have another one.post #14 of 238/5/13 at 11:58am
so nice to read all the updates!! our boy just turned 8 months old. he's very active (army-crawling all over the place!) and can't wait to catch up to his older siblings! he co-sleeps at night, nursing throughout. he's EBF and just starting to explore solids with a few small tastes of avocado and banana. it's nice to read about other babies on the same track re: food ... I've been getting some flack from family & friends about not "feeding" my baby yet.
hope everyone continues to do well! beautiful babies, all!post #15 of 238/6/13 at 12:58pmpost #16 of 238/6/13 at 10:49pmThread Starterpost #17 of 238/7/13 at 1:21pm
So wonderful reading all of the updates! I am super active on the Facebook group, as are a number of the other mamas, but would love to join a reunion.
Charlie was born on 12/12/12, deciding that his Christmas due date just wasn't memorable enough. He also decided (after 36 hours of home labor) that he didn't want to be born in a chill waterbirth, but in the triage room 20 mins after transferring to the hospital (we pushed for too long past the state limit). Thankfully we still had a totally natural birth and he is a nursing champ!
He'll be 8 months next week and weighs around 16lbs. He loves scooting/army crawling and standing, yells and chirps like a pterodactyl, and has the best squealy laughs. He's still EBF even though we've been trying to add baby-led weaning for the past month. He does enjoy biting on a peach or banana if mama is holding it but has no interest in bringing food to his mouth on his own. Still co-sleeping when we go to bed at night (though he goes to sleep nicely in his crib before that), which makes teething easier. One bottom tooth is all the way through and the second should be here any day now!
[edited to add: we moved to Wales, UK when Charlie was 10 weeks old and he has done great! Being a more "crunchy" mama in this area is a bit of an anomaly, but we are going to a slingmeet in a nearby city tomorrow and hoping to meet some friends.]post #18 of 238/8/13 at 5:04amI was only in the ddc for a little while. We had a miscarriage at 12 weeks.
We just had our rainbow baby a month ago! Her name is Ruby and she is so wonderful! She was in quite a hurry to get here and was born on our bathroom floor while my husband was on the phone with the 911 dispatcher!
I'm glad for this thread! I often wonder about everyone and was sad that the group slowed down so I couldn't check in!post #19 of 238/14/13 at 11:12pmI love this reunion! It is so great to see all the Dec/Jan babies and our rainbow babies <3. My True is doing well! He was born 12/1/12, at 39 weeks. Both my girls were 5 days late, so it was fun and exciting to have a sweet little early baby boy. He loves to eat solids (except when he is having a bad teething day) and is still an avid nurser. He loves his older sisters and is just a sweet little pleaser. He's up on all 4s and rocking now, looks like he'll be crawling any day. He has 6 teeth and seems to be working on more, yowza! I have felt so rewarded by being a member of this DDC and have formed lasting relationships. I recommend a Mothering DDC to every pregnant woman I encounter. Why can't I remember how to post a photo?post #20 of 238/15/13 at 8:06pm
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 57 seconds ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Can Someone Explain Aldi's to Me? 51 minutes ago
- › December chat thread! 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Welcome Babies! 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Did you give up anything to homeschool your kids? 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Preparing an anxious 5 DS for dental work :( 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Postpartum Thread! 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Talk to me about Oklahoma City area 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › It's Apparent You're A Parent When... 2 hours ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh