Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Welcome, Babies! Last post on 2/27/13 at 8:55pm in December 2012 Due Date Club
- Feelin' Birthy--come share your journey to Birth with the symptoms/changes you are... Last post on 1/2/13 at 10:51pm in December 2012 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat - September 17-23 Last post on 9/26/12 at 1:13pm in September 2012 Due Date Club
- Begging for baby pictures! Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:32pm in September 2012 Due Date Club
- Breastfeeding Support Last post on 12/17/12 at 12:31pm in August 2012 Birth Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 2/3/14
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
Update! - Page 2post #21 of 249/1/13 at 10:30amJack is 8.5 months (born on 12/13, a week late, after about 3 weeks of prodormal labor). He is busy crawling, babbling, and trying to play with his older brother and sister. He was a happy spitter, and now seems to be a happy gagger when it comes to solid food. He nurses all the time, sleeps well, and we don't change many dirty diapers because he is great at signaling when he needs to go potty. Probably my easiest baby so far, really happy and easy going, but we are just starting to deal with separation anxiety.
post #22 of 249/25/13 at 10:19pmGenevieve chose a 12-12-12 birthdate, too. I thought it would have been earlier in the day, but that round of labor fizzled out, and she was born 3 hours after I rolled of the acupuncture table in the evening (at 20:12, oddly enough).
She's 9 mos now, and walking already! She's absolutely in love with her big brothers (8 and 5),and the feeling is mutual. She has all 8 of her first teeth and has started demanding a lot of table food compared with my boys.
Nevie is what we call her mostly. She is super smiley and observant like you wouldn't believe. It's crazy to watch her wheels turn when she's learning something new (which is all the time, right?).
I know I'm checking in way late... Hopefully I won't be the only one because I'd love to see updates from everyone!post #23 of 249/27/13 at 8:56am
I haven't kept up with the boards and am so happy to see all the babies!
Nina was born on New Years Day, so she's almost 9 months now. Weighs about 21lbs, and 101% for height, tho that makes little sense to me?!
She is still breastfeeding and loving it. Likes to get her hands dirty and try different foods too. I'm much more confident with my breastfeeding skills vs. providing healthy food for her, so I'm sticking with breastfeeding...
I've been back to work since she was 8 weeks (arg), so Nina takes about 10oz of my expressed milk a day, and the rest of the time nurses. She's slept with us from the start, sleeps well. Normally starts stirring around 5am I think for side-lying nursing.
She started crawling around 7 months. Currently, she loves standing and cruising around our coffee table. I think she'll be walking soon? She basically just likes to pull up to stand on whatever is around (our legs, chairs, tables, etc).
Says "ma-ma-ma" and lots of other sing-songy babbles.
She's quite drooly at the moment because her two four top teeth are coming in. She has three on the bottom.
She has a funny habit of liking to stick her pointer finger in my mouth :)
-Amandapost #24 of 242/5/14 at 7:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by chicajones
So wonderful reading all of the updates! I am super active on the Facebook group, as are a number of the other mamas, but would love to join a reunion.
Charlie was born on 12/12/12, deciding that his Christmas due date just wasn't memorable enough. He also decided (after 36 hours of home labor) that he didn't want to be born in a chill waterbirth, but in the triage room 20 mins after transferring to the hospital (we pushed for too long past the state limit). Thankfully we still had a totally natural birth and he is a nursing champ!
He'll be 8 months next week and weighs around 16lbs. He loves scooting/army crawling and standing, yells and chirps like a pterodactyl, and has the best squealy laughs. He's still EBF even though we've been trying to add baby-led weaning for the past month. He does enjoy biting on a peach or banana if mama is holding it but has no interest in bringing food to his mouth on his own. Still co-sleeping when we go to bed at night (though he goes to sleep nicely in his crib before that), which makes teething easier. One bottom tooth is all the way through and the second should be here any day now!
[edited to add: we moved to Wales, UK when Charlie was 10 weeks old and he has done great! Being a more "crunchy" mama in this area is a bit of an anomaly, but we are going to a slingmeet in a nearby city tomorrow and hoping to meet some friends.]
Chicajones, hit me up with a link to the Facebook group link! I could be way more active on it since I have the Facebook app on my phone. I'd love to get to know you guys better and talk about our cute babies!! Can you guys seriously believe our little ones are 14 months already? How is everyone doing with nursing?Quote:
Thanks, Mamabeakley! It was a fun photo to create, haha! :) Sorry it took me so long to respond, but it was so great to see how all the babies are doing!
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › I think it's time to talk about carseats :) 1 minute ago
- › considering Catholicism but family planning confusion - thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › Shameless Cute Baby Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Little Girls Growing Up- Whats to much and whats ok 6 minutes ago
- › stainless steel crowns 6 minutes ago
- › Questions about after birth herbs for hemorrhage 6 minutes ago
- › DD's friend hurting herself 18 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 23 minutes ago
- › March 2014 *already*! What did you accomplish today? 26 minutes ago
- › names, names and more names... 28 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher
- › The Myth of "Pretty" Birth by Sarah Clark
- › Getting Bigger by Melanie Mayo