Recent Images In This Thread
Popular Group Discussions
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on Yesterday at 6:44 pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 12/4/13
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
Our baby 1 month stats - Page 4post #61 of 2229/19/13 at 12:59pmI feel for you, Zeeohee! Our 7 week stats put Callie squarely in the 97th percentile for length, weight and head circumference. My older DD was very similar but now she's a 33lb 2.5 year old - definitely reasonably sized. Have no fear, they growike crazy now but will lengthen a lot when toddlingpost #62 of 2229/20/13 at 12:13amQuote:Hey, we had that same outfit a few years ago!! So cute!!Originally Posted by zeeohee
Okay, I'm starting to realize that I really have a super chunk baby -- at my 6w postpartum appointment yesterday we weighed her and she is 12 lb 5 oz. She was 7 lbs at birth. Thankfully she is slowing down a *little* because she was definitely on the pound-a-week plan for the first month. Yikes.
Here's one of my favorite pictures, from when we were "chatting" a week or so ago:
J&J, I'm sorry you're on your way back to work, how heartbreaking for you ❤ if I could change it I would, mama!!post #63 of 2229/21/13 at 8:39pmThread Starterpost #64 of 2229/24/13 at 12:55amSorry I didn't see this before!! I'm sorry it's that time again!! I did sales for all of my adult life until we moved here and I ended up being a bartender LOL. It was at a golf resort and we closed at 10p so not late at all, but I really don't want to go back!! Today I found a very long list if companies that actually work from home so I applied for 1 and will others tomorrow!! Hope today wasn't terrible and those sweet boys if yours gave plenty of hugs and kisses when you got home!!post #65 of 2229/24/13 at 7:13pmThread StarterHi ! Work at the firm wasn't bad... When Cole saw me at daycare at end of the day he had the biggest look of relief and just passed out in my arms. Biggest sweetheart ever! That's what I call him, sweetheart. The evenings r a whirlwind as hubby usually is not there.
Good luck to u all who have to go back to work and to tenk on the job search!
More baby pics anyone??post #66 of 2229/24/13 at 7:51pmThread Starterpost #67 of 2229/24/13 at 8:19pmOh gosh, big hugs to the working or soon to be working mamas! That must be so tough all around. I may be taxed to the hilt but if I wasn't already a SAHM, I'd get a total of 52 weeks off, independent of employers. I think it's such a shame that not everyone has the same option . I swear in some ways the US is stuck in the Stone Age.
Here are my girls last weekend. As of yesterday, Callie is 14lb 9oz... Whoah Nellie!post #68 of 2229/24/13 at 10:28pmpost #69 of 2229/25/13 at 6:49am
so cute! Harmonious, I love her shirt! my mom is a librarian, so maybe I should look for this for Oliver. :)
and skycheattraffic, that's a big ol' baby! how many weeks is she now? and how much did she weigh when she was born? I think Oliver is probably close to the same - I'll be able to weigh him tomorrow at our breastfeeding support group, and I'll try to take a photo to share as well. last week he weighed 13 lbs 10 oz before eating (with his diaper), and he was nine weeks old. he weighed 8 lbs 3 oz at birth, so he's grown a lot in a short time! (well, it seems like it to me, anyway!) I predicted that he'd weigh 14 lbs by the time he had his two month checkup, and I think I'll be right - he'll actually be about ten weeks when he has it, though. second prediction - I think he'll double his birthweight by the end of October, right around three and a half months.
here's a photo my mother took of him while he was eating - I agreed to let her share it on Facebook as long as she didn't tag me, but I'm really glad she took it. I think it looks really nice. I also like that you can see his little fist under his head - he ALWAYS has his bottom hand next to his face while he eats. always. the other one roves, playing with my chest, touching my boob, rubbing his own face, or just dangling behind his body. I'm still surprised by how much I love him. I honestly never thought it would be this way.post #70 of 2229/25/13 at 7:11amRf, she was 8lb 15oz at birth and she'll be 9 weeks tomorrow. She was 13lb 10oz exactly at 7 weeks. Our kiddos are quite similar. My older DD was just like this, although a little smaller: just under 8lb at birth and then she gained really fast, doubling birthweight somewhere between 3 and 4 months. I'm so glad I got almost no baby clothes under 6 months. She's out of newborn and 3 month stuff already. 6 and 9 month stuff fits her like a glove.
Harmonious, I find it odd that many 6 month old babies are her size. It's so strange, how our experiences colour our perception: to me the average newborn seems teeny, to you a bigger than average newborn would seem enormous. On the plus side you'll get much more use out of baby clothes and gear than I will. Kiddo is 7oz away from outgrowing the bassinet part on the playpen *sigh*. The baby swing won't be far behind. I had hoped to get through the winter with the bucket carseat so we can bundle her up inside but at the rate she's growing, I'll have zero interest in carrying it to/from the car in another month.
As long as they are thriving, someone has to be petite and someone has to be big, right?
ETA: love the nursing pic btw Rf <3post #71 of 2229/25/13 at 7:23amI am in Canada as well and can't imagine going back to work this soon! Skycheat, wow! Callie looks like such a big happy baby! Everyone's pictures are so cute, I love it!
Here is my Griffin, the day before yesterday at 2months, 5 days. He was 12.8 at the breast feeding clinic on Friday, so I predict at least 13.2 on Friday, again.post #72 of 2229/25/13 at 8:15amWish we could get all these babies together in person! That's the downside of an Internet group I guess - we're all over. I'm so jealous of you Canadians and the maternity leave there. My in laws are in Canada and my SIL got a year off from work. I'm taking a year (at least) but I'm going to have to quit my job to do so.post #73 of 2229/25/13 at 9:51ampost #74 of 2229/25/13 at 10:14amThread Starterpost #75 of 2229/25/13 at 11:50amEveryone's babies are so so beautiful. I wish we could all get together too- I've always wanted to go to Canada...
I have no idea how much Rowan weighs now. My back and arms suggest that he weight about 50 lbs, but my brain knows that's a slight exaggeration. He's solidly in 6-9mo clothes at ten weeks though. He's such a happy baby now- smiles and talks all day long, starting to nap off me (what!!!?) and, this is huge, rides in the carseat for limited time without his head popping off. Whew! I love this kid!post #76 of 2229/25/13 at 12:26pmpost #77 of 2229/25/13 at 6:16pmpost #78 of 2229/26/13 at 8:19ampost #79 of 2229/26/13 at 9:28am
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › December Chat 1 minute ago
- › Overall immaturity and dyspraxia 1 minute ago
- › We lost the baby 1 minute ago
- › how many of us oldies are still around? 3 minutes ago
- › Successful UC!!! 3 minutes ago
- › I put my foot in my mouth...come and let me have it! 3 minutes ago
- › How long were your labors? 4 minutes ago
- › low-carb causing anxiety and depression 8 minutes ago
- › Holiday Helper: Family Focus! 9 minutes ago
- › Weighing my options, please help me think this through 11 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh