I have been looking and looking and searching and searching for information about being able to have a vaginal birth even though I have a placental abruption. I DO NOT want to have a Cesarean, but I also don't want something to happen to my baby because I chose to do a vaginal birth. So here is the 411...
When I was around 18-19 weeks pregnant I switched doctors and they found through the ultra-sound that I had a placental abruption of 20%. I have had 4 different visits since then and each time the number has changed. The 1st visit it was 20%, 2nd it was 40%, 3rd to my relief it went down to 30%, but this last visit (this last Monday) it was up to 50%. This last month I have been COMPLETELY stressed out and although I have been trying to be careful, obviously the stress has taken its toll. But I am just barely starting my 33rd week of pregnant today, so I have at least 8 more full weeks of pregnancy. My doctor unfortunately is very cesarean-friendly, and would rather give everyone a cesarean because he owns his own practice. And it means more money obviously for him. But due to the current circumstances we are not going to be able to change doctors. So we are just trying to make the most of it. My husband and I do NOT want a Cesarean, I've done LOADS of research of whats best for baby, whats best for mommy, whats best for recovery, whats best for everything basically. And have decided I want a natural birth, so NO induction, NO pain meds, NO episiotomy, No nothing like that. Natural ALL the way!! :D
Anyways, I have been looking for information on if a natural birth is possible, I still have 8 full weeks to get my current situation better, which I am very hopeful that I can. But I want to know if its actually safe. I have read a few places that its ok and then a few places say a cesarean is better just for the 'what-if' and 'better-safe-then-sorry' scenarios. But I don't want that one bit.
Have any of you personally or heard of a women having a placental abruption and still successfully having a natural birth? What degree was the placental abruption? Where there any complications, even if small ones, what were they? I want to be sure about doing what is the best for my lil man. :) Please let me know what you think and know!!