Popular Group Discussions
Babywearing experiences 345 posts | Last post on Yesterday at 7:53 am
Related Forum Threads
- Cute Baby Photo Thread Last post on 11/18/13 at 8:24pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Sleep Last post on 11/16/13 at 6:43am in June 2013 Due Date Club
- Tummy time and other fun Last post on 9/6/13 at 11:40am in July 2013 Due Date Club
- What's new? Last post on 11/3/13 at 4:54pm in July 2013 Due Date Club
- Babies and postpartum chat Last post on 10/4/13 at 4:37pm in August 2013 Due Date Club
It's Not The Baby's Fault That I Can't Sleep
Last edited: 3/30/13
- Who the Heck First Thought Up the Cry it Out Approach? PART II: Dr....Last edited: 11/13/13
- Gentle SleepLast edited: 11/7/13
- Who the Heck First Thought Up the Cry it Out Approach?Last edited: 10/30/13
- 3 Rules for Bedtime ReadingLast edited: 10/7/13
Baby sleep habits. - Page 6post #101 of 2279/18/13 at 7:31pmpost #102 of 2279/18/13 at 8:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by cynthiamoon
What I do when I hear her fussing is watch and/or listen for at least 5 mins before picking her up. 90% of the time she quiets down, signaling that it was just a light sleep cycle. The other 10% I can hear her ramping up and getting impatient and can still pick her up long before she cries, but I bet that time frame varies by baby.
Griffin totally does that too. If I picked him up then he would wake up instead of me just leaving him alone to slip back into sleep. I'm so happy I finally learned the wait 5 minutes thing! It took me what seems like weeks to get it!post #103 of 2279/25/13 at 12:30pm
Elliott has recently decided that he doesn't like sleeping through the night anymore. We had been on a one-feed per night for....4 weeks? now all of the sudden the past two nights he's waking up at 130 and then 5am. Part of me thinks it's because he's getting his arm out of the swaddle and hitting himself in the face.post #104 of 2279/25/13 at 12:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by rainbownurse
Elliott has recently decided that he doesn't like sleeping through the night anymore. We had been on a one-feed per night for....4 weeks? now all of the sudden the past two nights he's waking up at 130 and then 5am. Part of me thinks it's because he's getting his arm out of the swaddle and hitting himself in the face.
Growth spurt!!!post #105 of 2279/25/13 at 12:55pmpost #106 of 2279/25/13 at 1:26pm
Oh, us too. E slept from 8:30 until 3 or even 5 or 6 a few times (!) but has just this week started back up waking at 1 am, 4 am, 5:30 am.... last night it was 1, 3:30 and 6. UGH. I am hoping it's a growth spurt and she starts those beautiful long sleeps up sometime soon. Last week her night sleeps were longer but days she was back eating every 2 hours, so I was thinking that was the growth spurt, but maybe it's just a long one? We're at 12 weeks.post #107 of 2279/25/13 at 3:34pmThread Starterpost #108 of 2279/25/13 at 5:38pmpost #109 of 2279/26/13 at 3:26amCamden was sleeping from 10p to about 4:30, nursing and going back down (30 minutes awake/nursing) then back to sleep until 7:30-8a, nurse again and go back to sleep for 2 hours or so. Then one night he was cranky and I swaddled him up at 8:20p and he woke at 2:30a. Same routine but happening earlier. We had a few nights where he even slept all night long. I wish that would happen again!!post #110 of 2279/26/13 at 5:09ampost #111 of 2279/26/13 at 6:33amHoly growing appetite, batman!
This boy of mine could hardly stay asleep last night because he was so busy trying to suck on his fingers- which is not as simple as it sounds, it involves full body movement trying to fold himself around his arms to get his fist in his mouth while laying on his side and kicking. I was kicked all night long and he made little pinwheels in the bed...spinning in circles trying to get that hand. Get that hand.
Reminded me of a fly with only one wing.
It also made me remember my big son who went through a phase of not sleeping when he was learning how to crawl. He'd wake up all night long and get on his hands and knees and try crawling across the bed. Just too busy figuring it out to sleep all those hours. There's work to be done! Get up slacker babies!post #112 of 2279/26/13 at 9:43ampost #113 of 2279/26/13 at 9:48amAny thoughts on scheduling a bit at night? Julia sleeps roughly from 10:30-5:30 and then 6:45 to 8:45, but if I wake her at 3, then she still sleeps to about 8:30, but I sleep a lot better than if I am trying to lay down again after sunrise. I started waking her for milk supply reasons, but I don't know ... She also slept through the night occasionally, and I wonder if waking her will ruin her progress... But if she night weans herself, won't that hurt my dismal supply even more?post #114 of 2279/26/13 at 2:51pmpost #115 of 2279/26/13 at 4:03pmpost #116 of 2279/26/13 at 4:22pmWell, griffin stopped napping and started waking up every 2hrs for about 5 days but a day ago we are back to him sleeping through the night and having naps again. PHEW. So, maybe it was a growth spurt, I don't know. I'll weigh him tomorrow and see. I'm relieved tha he is back to sleeping again because getting super cranky and not sleeping was frustrating. I'm sure it will change again though but when...post #117 of 2279/27/13 at 1:58ampost #118 of 2279/27/13 at 3:45ampost #119 of 2279/27/13 at 9:08amI can't seem to get a single drop into the pump (but can express it..I think my breasts are just really weird shaped) but I worry about the same thing. I'm still waking griffin up once between 11:30-6:30 even though we would both like to sleep. Some people say your body will get used to it and milk supply won't decrease but others say it will if night nursing doesn't happen. I've worked so hard to get to this point that I don't want to risk it. Have any of you actually experienced a decrease in supply if the baby sleeps through the night?post #120 of 2279/27/13 at 10:13amQuote:I'm in the same boat not being able to pump, and hope to see the answers to that Q.Originally Posted by Actiasluna
I can't seem to get a single drop into the pump (but can express it..I think my breasts are just really weird shaped) but I worry about the same thing. I'm still waking griffin up once between 11:30-6:30 even though we would both like to sleep. Some people say your body will get used to it and milk supply won't decrease but others say it will if night nursing doesn't happen. I've worked so hard to get to this point that I don't want to risk it. Have any of you actually experienced a decrease in supply if the baby sleeps through the night?
- Who the Heck First Thought Up the Cry it Out Approach? PART II: Dr....
- › Roll Call and Due Date Thread 2 minutes ago
- › December chat thread! 3 minutes ago
- › How to overcome my social anxiety so DD can meet other kiddos? 4 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- The Beaver Moon 7 minutes ago
- › Leave Kindergarten mid-year to begin Homeschooling? 8 minutes ago
- › When did you tell your kid(s) you were expecting?? 10 minutes ago
- › If your child was still co-sleeping at age 7... how much longer? 20 minutes ago
- › Shoes for a REALLY Early Walker? 23 minutes ago
- › making cloth baby wipes 25 minutes ago
- › Moms of Many 27 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo