oh, this is the thread for me. Apparently I've turned into my father. Which basically means my new mantra has been "how long is this kid going to use this?... What!?... okay, how do we get that for free?"
So we've agreed not to buy anything until we're past week 20. But, there was no agreement about freecycle. So here are the things I've managed to get for free from freecycle so far:
- Dresser - 3 deep drawers, great condition.
- Change table - lots of storage.
- High chair - like new
- Travel system stroller, includes car seat - needed to replace a wheel, but otherwise good. My cousin is also giving us their old one which is more recent. We're not sure how much we'll use a stroller being on a three-floor walk up.
- Crib - need to install stop blocks to make it safety code.
- Baby bath tub
- Bouncy chair
- Baby bath hammock
- Bottle warmer
- Crib bedding
- Sling (Jellybean)
- Snuggli carrier
- Two backpack carriers (not sure we'll use these)
- 24 pocket diapers & two wet/dry bags (all still in original packaging)
- Newborn - Infant co-sleeper for safe sleeping in the bed.
- Bottles, lots and lots of bottles
- Some clothes about 6 onsies, and a few shorts and t-shirts.
- Wash cloths & hooded towels
- nursing pillow
- baby gates
- book shelf
- diaper bag
- **NEW: Travel play pen (this'll be useful for trips to grandma)
Still looking for:
- more clothes (especially winter clothes)
- receiving and swaddling blankets
- carrier with lumbar support
- moby wrap or ring sling
- White noise machine or sleep sheep (we live downtown, large city)
- Kids dishes
- Sippy cups
Probably will need to buy:
- breast pump
- breast pads
- creams, bath products etc...
- Artwork for room (planning to buy this at FanExpo end of August)
- Change table pad
Edited by BeagleSmuggler - 8/13/13 at 6:15am