So yesterday I went in for a doctor's appointment for them to do an ultrasound and NST to make sure everything was still good (aka for them to look for a reason to induce immediately) with my baby. Everything was perfect and looked good. So, i was happy to hear that, but then the doctor told me that their cutoff was 42 weeks and I would have to come in Monday night (41 weeks and 6 days) to start prostaglandin gel and start inducing Tuesday morning. I said "Can we not wait until Wednesday, just to give me some more time?" And she gave me some BS excuse about the chances of cerebral palsy going up after 42 weeks. Oh, so my perfectly healthy baby is just going to suddenly develop cerebral palsy the day I pass 42 weeks? Hmm.
We tried to change it to Wednesday again when we were scheduling and they told us it depends on the doctor's schedule. So, you're saying if I went into labor spontaneously, no one would be there? I don't think so.
I was devastated, mainly because when they checked my cervix, she couldn't even reach it because it was so high, so basically she told me I've made no progress. I felt defeated and broken. I've been doing everything for the past month to help my baby get in the right position and get my cervix ready. And I'm well aware that if the cervix has not progressed, that my C-section probability is extremely high. I've done all this preparation for a natural childbirth just to end up getting induced and cut open like everyone else I know??
Well, after crying for about an hour and resigning myself to a C-section, I decided I'm not going in on Monday. I don't want to get major abdominal surgery, put my baby at risk, and regret not standing up for myself for the rest of my life. Then, when I got home, I also looked up info and read plenty of stories of people who were completely closed and hard and went into labor the same day. It gave me hope. I still hear the clock ticking as Monday nears, but I've been so crampy and had so many contractions in the past week, I really HOPE that I don't even have to worry about not showing up on Monday.
Any experience with this sort of situation? Positive and negative stories are welcome-- I want to be prepared.