Recent Images In This Thread
Popular Group Discussions
What is my baby trying to tell me?! 32 posts | Last post on Yesterday at 12:26 pm
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on Today at 1:00 am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
Advanced Babywearing: Tales from the Trenches
Last edited: 8/17/13
- Super Summer Gear: 10 Hot Selections for the Whole FamilyLast edited: 7/11/13
- Supporting Babies as They Grow: The Benefits of BabywearingLast edited: 5/3/13
- Join Your Due Date Club!Last edited: 12/4/13
- Five Best Baby Carriers: Recommended by the Mothering CommunityLast edited: 10/9/13
Babywearing experiences - Page 3post #41 of 3458/24/13 at 11:31pmpost #42 of 3458/25/13 at 12:44ampost #43 of 3458/25/13 at 7:28amAs far as I can tell, Chicco and Baby Bijorn are pretty much the same design--referred to as "crotch danglers." The fabric at the crotch isn't wide enough to support baby from knee-to-knee, which puts pressure on their growing pelvis and can contribute to the baby developing hip-dysplasia. I had a chicco and ended up selling it on craigslist to fund something more ergonomically designed. Just my 2cents.post #44 of 3458/25/13 at 10:00ampost #45 of 3458/25/13 at 11:24ampost #46 of 3458/25/13 at 7:21pmpost #47 of 3458/25/13 at 8:22pmpost #48 of 3458/25/13 at 8:49pmpost #49 of 3458/26/13 at 8:48am
Kitteh, looks great (and super cute girls!). I wanted to chime in and say that I have an older Ergo, and when compared to a newer one that my friend has there are definitely some differences. Both Ergos were bought new (though not by me), so I know they're both real, but the older one definitely has some slight differences in the buckles and straps. So most likely you just got an older one.
As for me, I just splurged and bought a woven wrap. I've been in love with them since I went to a babywearing group meeting while I was pregnant, and I had some baby-gift money to burn. But WOW, I hope I like it as much as I think I will, because those things are not cheap! I am optimistic because the Moby is my favorite carrier, but it will be nice to have something similar that is cooler and more supportive for an older baby.
Any advice on mei tais? I think my husband would really like them. The Moby is too much for him, and he has a bad shoulder so I really don't want him using the ring sling too much. What are the big advantages of mei tais -- do those of you with multiple carrier styles feel like they're a good addition to the pack, or should I maybe see how he likes the Ergo before seeking out another style? I'd be open to selling the Ergo (I like it, but I don't *love* it) in favor of a mei tai.post #50 of 3458/26/13 at 2:19pmHoly crow those woven wraps are expensive! I went to that Facebook group and some of them are over $300. Used! Definitely way the heck out of my wee budget.
Why are they so popular/expensive? Is it the fabric or a brand thing or what? (Thats a serious question) Some of those gals have about ten of them for sale.
Kitteh- my old ergo (7 years old) is vastly different from the new ones. It's like a clunky old model T compared to the zippy new race cars with fancy paint jobs that the newer ones are.
I just washed our Moby and its hanging on the line drying now. I can't tell you how excited I am to eventually be able to put this baby on my back by myself and GO. There's a few spots where my other kids gnawed on it and I think I'm going to have to cover the straps with some unchewed fabric, it's needing a new paint job anyway... Anyone else done this? Any thoughts or directions?post #51 of 3458/26/13 at 2:37pmpost #52 of 3458/26/13 at 2:47pmWow. Maybe I need to take up weaving.
I don't begrudge any artist or crafts person being paid a fair wage by any means (both my parents are artists) but it is a shocking amount for a wrap that a baby is probably going to poop and throw up on at some point. I'm betting they are gorgeous.
So it's a handwoven fabric thing then. Ok, that makes more sense. I'm going to go find the under 100 album now.post #53 of 3458/26/13 at 3:26pmpost #54 of 3458/26/13 at 3:29pmpost #55 of 3458/26/13 at 3:30pmpost #56 of 3458/26/13 at 3:48pmpost #57 of 3458/26/13 at 5:04pmpost #58 of 3458/26/13 at 5:28pmpost #59 of 3458/26/13 at 7:41pmThread Starterpost #60 of 3458/26/13 at 8:11pm
- Super Summer Gear: 10 Hot Selections for the Whole Family
- › turning playdate into a visit 1 minute ago
- › Post-partum check in here! 4 minutes ago
- › Is anyone still testing? 4 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy Symptoms 9 minutes ago
- › Please help! Oppositional defiance disorder and homeschooling 11 minutes ago
- › July's Jubilantly Jovial DDC Roster 12 minutes ago
- › SIL wont let my kids see her newborn 13 minutes ago
- › Subchorionic hematoma 16 minutes ago
- › Homebirths around the Shippensburg/Newville PA area 18 minutes ago
- › Single Mamas By Choice 19 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by dangill
- › The Night Before Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › The Snow Queen by Melanie Mayo
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › The Snowy Day by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Monica S
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo