Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on 3/12/14 at 8:04am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
Freedom Together: Mothering Mavens Try Out the Boba 4G
Last edited: 4/10/14
- Advanced Babywearing: Tales from the TrenchesLast edited: 8/17/13
- Super Summer Gear: 10 Hot Selections for the Whole FamilyLast edited: 2/21/14
- Supporting Babies as They Grow: The Benefits of BabywearingLast edited: 5/3/13
- Join Your Due Date Club!Last edited: 3/31/14
Babywearing experiences - Page 3post #41 of 5138/24/13 at 11:31pmpost #42 of 5138/25/13 at 12:44ampost #43 of 5138/25/13 at 7:28amAs far as I can tell, Chicco and Baby Bijorn are pretty much the same design--referred to as "crotch danglers." The fabric at the crotch isn't wide enough to support baby from knee-to-knee, which puts pressure on their growing pelvis and can contribute to the baby developing hip-dysplasia. I had a chicco and ended up selling it on craigslist to fund something more ergonomically designed. Just my 2cents.post #44 of 5138/25/13 at 10:00ampost #45 of 5138/25/13 at 11:24ampost #46 of 5138/25/13 at 7:21pmpost #47 of 5138/25/13 at 8:22pmpost #48 of 5138/25/13 at 8:49pmpost #49 of 5138/26/13 at 8:48am
Kitteh, looks great (and super cute girls!). I wanted to chime in and say that I have an older Ergo, and when compared to a newer one that my friend has there are definitely some differences. Both Ergos were bought new (though not by me), so I know they're both real, but the older one definitely has some slight differences in the buckles and straps. So most likely you just got an older one.
As for me, I just splurged and bought a woven wrap. I've been in love with them since I went to a babywearing group meeting while I was pregnant, and I had some baby-gift money to burn. But WOW, I hope I like it as much as I think I will, because those things are not cheap! I am optimistic because the Moby is my favorite carrier, but it will be nice to have something similar that is cooler and more supportive for an older baby.
Any advice on mei tais? I think my husband would really like them. The Moby is too much for him, and he has a bad shoulder so I really don't want him using the ring sling too much. What are the big advantages of mei tais -- do those of you with multiple carrier styles feel like they're a good addition to the pack, or should I maybe see how he likes the Ergo before seeking out another style? I'd be open to selling the Ergo (I like it, but I don't *love* it) in favor of a mei tai.post #50 of 5138/26/13 at 2:19pmHoly crow those woven wraps are expensive! I went to that Facebook group and some of them are over $300. Used! Definitely way the heck out of my wee budget.
Why are they so popular/expensive? Is it the fabric or a brand thing or what? (Thats a serious question) Some of those gals have about ten of them for sale.
Kitteh- my old ergo (7 years old) is vastly different from the new ones. It's like a clunky old model T compared to the zippy new race cars with fancy paint jobs that the newer ones are.
I just washed our Moby and its hanging on the line drying now. I can't tell you how excited I am to eventually be able to put this baby on my back by myself and GO. There's a few spots where my other kids gnawed on it and I think I'm going to have to cover the straps with some unchewed fabric, it's needing a new paint job anyway... Anyone else done this? Any thoughts or directions?post #51 of 5138/26/13 at 2:37pmpost #52 of 5138/26/13 at 2:47pmWow. Maybe I need to take up weaving.
I don't begrudge any artist or crafts person being paid a fair wage by any means (both my parents are artists) but it is a shocking amount for a wrap that a baby is probably going to poop and throw up on at some point. I'm betting they are gorgeous.
So it's a handwoven fabric thing then. Ok, that makes more sense. I'm going to go find the under 100 album now.post #53 of 5138/26/13 at 3:26pmpost #54 of 5138/26/13 at 3:29pmpost #55 of 5138/26/13 at 3:30pmpost #56 of 5138/26/13 at 3:48pmpost #57 of 5138/26/13 at 5:04pmpost #58 of 5138/26/13 at 5:28pmpost #59 of 5138/26/13 at 7:41pmThread Starterpost #60 of 5138/26/13 at 8:11pm
- Advanced Babywearing: Tales from the Trenches
- › Can't stand that all the neighborhood kids want to play at my house! 44 seconds ago
- › Family dies of Diphtheria! 45 seconds ago
- › Foods you can actually eat 58 seconds ago
- › Great Article - Reminded Me of a Thread on this Forum from a Few... 1 minute ago
- › age appropriate expectations for 4 and 7yo to clean up after... 4 minutes ago
- › Those Pesky "Anti-Vax" Experts 5 minutes ago
- › Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate or sodium laurel sulfate? 5 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 10 minutes ago
- › Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! 10 minutes ago
- › Can This Be Perimenopause? 12 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool