Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on Yesterday at 5:50 pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
Advanced Babywearing: Tales from the Trenches
Last edited: 8/17/13
- Super Summer Gear: 10 Hot Selections for the Whole FamilyLast edited: 7/11/13
- Supporting Babies as They Grow: The Benefits of BabywearingLast edited: 5/3/13
- Join Your Due Date Club!Last edited: 12/4/13
- Five Best Baby Carriers: Recommended by the Mothering CommunityLast edited: 10/9/13
Babywearing experiences - Page 4post #62 of 3458/27/13 at 8:18pmpost #63 of 3458/28/13 at 10:57ampost #64 of 3458/28/13 at 11:09amRe: woven wraps. They're my favourite! Super versatile and fully adjustable (I can never get a good fit with soft structured carriers). Very comfortable. And pretty! Some are super expensive but not all!!
Re: mei Tais. We had a babyhawk and loved it. I sold it and totally regret it! My husband used it all the time! It's easier than a wrap but gives a better fit, I find. The downside is dealing with long straps that get on the ground when tying in public.post #65 of 3458/28/13 at 12:05pmpost #66 of 3458/28/13 at 1:00pm
Ok baby wearing gurus... This here is the only position my son is happy in. He screams in every carrier I have put him in- knit moby, newborn carry and legs dangling, gauze moby, gauze wrap "sling"with rebozo knot, ergo with feet dangling not spread and front cross wrap. My left arm is toast and my back is killing me- I can do nothing all day and as a bonus he won't sleep anywhere but on my body.
So are there any magic wrapping techniques to suit this over the shoulder preference of my babe?. I'm learning there is a huge difference between carrying a baby all day and holding a baby all day. I'm about at my wits end, it has not been a good day today.post #67 of 3458/28/13 at 1:02pmpost #68 of 3458/28/13 at 1:14pmhttp://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-ekpqs0b6KA&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D-ekpqs0b6KA#
Try this wrenmoon. My baby is like yours, only carrying him over the shoulder calms him. But I wore him like she showed in the video, and he fell sleep!post #69 of 3458/28/13 at 1:21pmpost #70 of 3458/28/13 at 1:53pm
Yayy, I have attained some mastery of the ring sling -- just in time, because it is warm here this week and the Moby was becoming a sweaty torture device. I ran errands with the baby in it yesterday and we took a walk today. The secret for us was definitely legs out, tummy-to-tummy carry. Basically the ring sling version of the video InLove posted. Legs out made such a difference!post #71 of 3458/28/13 at 2:02pmHoly shit my baby just fell asleep, NOT in my left arm. I had tried a different version of that cross carry earlier- same lady, but more cris-crossing front to back.
I have figured out that this kid really hates his arms being wrapped up. A symptom of being born with an arm next to his head, claustrophobia? Or maybe he's just my kid, I'm seriously claustrophobic about my arms.
Either way he got one arm out. That thing is not going in there. Needs an escape hatch maybe.post #72 of 3458/28/13 at 2:08pmpost #73 of 3458/28/13 at 4:44pmpost #74 of 3458/28/13 at 6:51pm
Ok. So there are many things not right about this wrap job, loose places where there shouldn't be and he slid down under my chin pretty quick ... I have to practice obviously...
But. Take note. My left arm is NOT holding this baby. It's taking the picture (and quietly spasming and whimpering after a long day's work.)
My only question is that he doesn't like feet tucked up, does that mean I should be wrapping through his legs or is it ok just resting under his bottom like that? I'm going to try this with the moby tomorrow, when he's awake. That will be the real test.
Ladies, I can't thank you enough. You know how sometimes you just get into a crappy mindset and can't see a solution and so you despair that its always going to be horrible?
I can't believe it took me so long to ask for help. Thank you so much.post #75 of 3458/29/13 at 5:58ampost #76 of 3458/30/13 at 3:53pmpost #77 of 3458/30/13 at 3:58pmpost #78 of 3458/31/13 at 2:52pmpost #79 of 3458/31/13 at 7:32pmpost #80 of 3458/31/13 at 7:33pm
- Super Summer Gear: 10 Hot Selections for the Whole Family
- › MIL Cut Little Man's Hair! 53 seconds ago
- › 12 yo boy gift ideas 1 minute ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- The Beaver Moon 3 minutes ago
- › Raising an extrovert when you're an introvert. (responses very much... 7 minutes ago
- › Please explain to me why.. 13 minutes ago
- › 10-15 Minute Cleaning Sessions (New Thread) 13 minutes ago
- › Keeping up supply while pregnant? 14 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 14 minutes ago
- › Sign up for Bead Swap! 17 minutes ago
- › Who's wearing maternity clothes? 19 minutes ago
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Polar Express by Alyssa Eisner
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo