Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on 3/12/14 at 8:04am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
Freedom Together: Mothering Mavens Try Out the Boba 4G
Last edited: 4/10/14
- Advanced Babywearing: Tales from the TrenchesLast edited: 8/17/13
- Super Summer Gear: 10 Hot Selections for the Whole FamilyLast edited: 2/21/14
- Supporting Babies as They Grow: The Benefits of BabywearingLast edited: 5/3/13
- Join Your Due Date Club!Last edited: 3/31/14
Babywearing experiences - Page 4post #62 of 5138/27/13 at 8:18pmpost #63 of 5138/28/13 at 10:57ampost #64 of 5138/28/13 at 11:09amRe: woven wraps. They're my favourite! Super versatile and fully adjustable (I can never get a good fit with soft structured carriers). Very comfortable. And pretty! Some are super expensive but not all!!
Re: mei Tais. We had a babyhawk and loved it. I sold it and totally regret it! My husband used it all the time! It's easier than a wrap but gives a better fit, I find. The downside is dealing with long straps that get on the ground when tying in public.post #65 of 5138/28/13 at 12:05pmpost #66 of 5138/28/13 at 1:00pm
Ok baby wearing gurus... This here is the only position my son is happy in. He screams in every carrier I have put him in- knit moby, newborn carry and legs dangling, gauze moby, gauze wrap "sling"with rebozo knot, ergo with feet dangling not spread and front cross wrap. My left arm is toast and my back is killing me- I can do nothing all day and as a bonus he won't sleep anywhere but on my body.
So are there any magic wrapping techniques to suit this over the shoulder preference of my babe?. I'm learning there is a huge difference between carrying a baby all day and holding a baby all day. I'm about at my wits end, it has not been a good day today.post #67 of 5138/28/13 at 1:02pmpost #68 of 5138/28/13 at 1:14pmhttp://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-ekpqs0b6KA&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D-ekpqs0b6KA#
Try this wrenmoon. My baby is like yours, only carrying him over the shoulder calms him. But I wore him like she showed in the video, and he fell sleep!post #69 of 5138/28/13 at 1:21pmpost #70 of 5138/28/13 at 1:53pm
Yayy, I have attained some mastery of the ring sling -- just in time, because it is warm here this week and the Moby was becoming a sweaty torture device. I ran errands with the baby in it yesterday and we took a walk today. The secret for us was definitely legs out, tummy-to-tummy carry. Basically the ring sling version of the video InLove posted. Legs out made such a difference!post #71 of 5138/28/13 at 2:02pmHoly shit my baby just fell asleep, NOT in my left arm. I had tried a different version of that cross carry earlier- same lady, but more cris-crossing front to back.
I have figured out that this kid really hates his arms being wrapped up. A symptom of being born with an arm next to his head, claustrophobia? Or maybe he's just my kid, I'm seriously claustrophobic about my arms.
Either way he got one arm out. That thing is not going in there. Needs an escape hatch maybe.post #72 of 5138/28/13 at 2:08pmpost #73 of 5138/28/13 at 4:44pmpost #74 of 5138/28/13 at 6:51pm
Ok. So there are many things not right about this wrap job, loose places where there shouldn't be and he slid down under my chin pretty quick ... I have to practice obviously...
But. Take note. My left arm is NOT holding this baby. It's taking the picture (and quietly spasming and whimpering after a long day's work.)
My only question is that he doesn't like feet tucked up, does that mean I should be wrapping through his legs or is it ok just resting under his bottom like that? I'm going to try this with the moby tomorrow, when he's awake. That will be the real test.
Ladies, I can't thank you enough. You know how sometimes you just get into a crappy mindset and can't see a solution and so you despair that its always going to be horrible?
I can't believe it took me so long to ask for help. Thank you so much.post #75 of 5138/29/13 at 5:58ampost #76 of 5138/30/13 at 3:53pmpost #77 of 5138/30/13 at 3:58pmpost #78 of 5138/31/13 at 2:52pmpost #79 of 5138/31/13 at 7:32pmpost #80 of 5138/31/13 at 7:33pm
- Advanced Babywearing: Tales from the Trenches
- › Weekly Thread April 14-20 1 minute ago
- › Caffeine? 3 minutes ago
- › HOLY SH#$%¥*T! We are due next month - April Chat Thread : ) 5 minutes ago
- › April Chat/Vent 7 minutes ago
- › Why Is Jenny McCarthy Dangerous? 11 minutes ago
- › How to write a valedictory address for this situation? 15 minutes ago
- › Misgivings anyone? 19 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy guilt? 20 minutes ago
- › Free riding behavior and vaccination 21 minutes ago
- › Show off your bump here! 21 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding my Tribe After the Death of my Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool
- › Mayim Bialik Opens Up About Her Breastfeeding... by Melanie Mayo
- › Freedom Together: Mothering Mavens Try Out... by Melanie Mayo