- topicMeal Planningtagged by NWGN, 8/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Meal Planning-Home Cooked Meals & Reduced Food Budget Last post on 11/19/13 at 12:19pm in Meal Planning
- Planning Thanksgiving Last post on 11/24/13 at 6:00pm in Meal Planning
- Feed The Freezer Last post on 11/28/13 at 7:01pm in Meal Planning
- How long does it take you to cook dinner? Last post on 11/4/13 at 12:25am in Meal Planning
- What are your favorite $5 meals Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:21pm in Meal Planning
Lentil Herb Soup
Last edited: 9/26/13
- Family Meal PlanningLast edited: 1/7/13
- Feed The Freezer Traditional FoodsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Meal Planning ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
Would this idea help you cook original meals and save time?post #2 of 38/23/13 at 11:53am
That is a neat idea. However, I wouldn't want to pay shipping costs, and I prefer to pick the food that we buy so we don't bring home MSG, high fructose corn syrup, etc. and so that we bring home the brands with Box Tops for Education and good organic produce and meat without antibiotics and growth hormones, etc.
Also what would be even more useful than a recipe that is emailed to me would be a recipe that is printed out on an index card or something similar, maybe coming with the food that is delivered. That way I wouldn't have to sit here at the computer and copy it from my inbox to an index card so that I have it to look at in the kitchen.
Finally, I realize I am not as busy as some mothers, but since I am home most of the time I welcome the chance to go and walk around the store and pick out healthy food for my family. And when gas prices rise even higher, the price of the food that is delivered to my door (if I were to participate in this service) would be through the roof.
I hope this feedback helps. :)post #3 of 310/2/13 at 12:50am
I see how it would be great in some ways, but I'm a little unsure. First of all, the cost of delivery like mentioned above. And really, the cost of the ingredients period - if I'm the one shopping I can choose more affordable substitutes if they happen to be on sale.
If there were options to exclude certain ingredients because I already have them in the pantry that would be a really important option. My only other concern is that I am picky, haha. I don't like some really common ingredients - mushrooms, bell peppers, etc and I'm very selective about ingredients (no artificial colors/flavors, no HFCS, no palm oil, etc) so I might be very difficult to shop for.
Also something to keep in mind would be the tools and dishes required for certain meals. I have a very well stocked kitchen now, but I have plenty of friends with little more than a frypan so that's a potential concern.
If you could do it in such a way to compensate for a huge selection of dietary preferences and make it affordable it sounds like an excellent idea.
- Family Meal Planning
- › Healing After Birth 1 minute ago
- › Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! 3 minutes ago
- › Non vaxer contemplating vaccination 4 minutes ago
- › Any Grain free/Paleo Momma's out there?? 8 minutes ago
- › You know you are nine months pregnant when... 11 minutes ago
- › When did you tell your kid(s) you were expecting?? 12 minutes ago
- › Prenatals making me constipated? 15 minutes ago
- › December chat thread! 17 minutes ago
- › Funny movies about pregnancy & birth? 17 minutes ago
- › Name, Due date, and Gender. 19 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo