Hey Paleo Mamas, let's help each other out with meal ideas! What's for dinner tonight? What does your menu plan look like this week? I'm making this (without cheese): http://www.kitchenstewardship.com/2009/08/12/recipe-connection-sausage-zucchini-bake/
- topicTraditional Foodstagged by 2babies2kidsmom, 8/22/13
Related Forum Threads
- iron levels in pregnancy - liver supp.? Last post on 12/5/13 at 1:11pm in Traditional Foods
- My clabbered cheese smells RIPE Last post on 12/3/13 at 5:22pm in Traditional Foods
- Filmjolk Last post on 12/4/13 at 10:09pm in Traditional Foods
- best butter oil/FCLO flavor??? Last post on 12/5/13 at 4:48pm in Traditional Foods
- question about raw milk and raw egg yolks Last post on 11/22/13 at 11:22am in Traditional Foods
Last edited: 9/20/13
- Is Farm to School Enough? My 92 CentsLast edited: 7/16/13
- Temporary Tattoos, Transdermal Toxins?Last edited: 6/7/13
Paleo Meal Planning- What's for dinner?post #1 of 98/21/13 at 5:03pmThread Starterpost #2 of 98/21/13 at 5:24pmpost #3 of 98/21/13 at 8:38pmThread Starterpost #4 of 98/21/13 at 8:51pm
That zucchini bake looks amazing.
Tomorrow I'm making Crock Pot Pizza from Your Lighter Side. It's an Atkins site but I've noticed it to be pretty primal friendly. I'm going to use some home-canned tomato sauce instead of store bought. I was able to find some huuuuge crimini mushrooms today (I find them to be more flavorful), so I'll saute some of those with garlic to add to the crock pot. I might add some zucchini to it as well, since The Hubby found a neglected zucchini today the size of a small baseball bat.post #5 of 98/22/13 at 7:19pmpost #6 of 98/23/13 at 3:22pmThread Starter
Yum! Looks good. I am grilling lamb ribs tonight. It's a lamb we butchered ourselves. Never cooked it this way before so we'll see how it turns out. I wrapped them in foil and am cooking them low (275) for 3 hours, then will unwrap and turn up the heat to 350 for about 1/2 hour. Serving with a salad and maybe some corn for the non-paleo peeps.
post #7 of 98/24/13 at 8:27ampost #8 of 98/24/13 at 6:46pm
Carnitas was a big success. The Hubby and I ate ours on a salad, BuggaBoo had his on lettuce "shells", and Doozer had hers on a corn tortilla (I wasn't up for the fight tonight).
I'm throwing a breakfast in here because it's quick, easy, and tasty.
In a blender:
1/2 c almond meal or flour
1/2 milk, cream, or coconut milk
In a muffin tin put a small pat of butter in each well, place in oven and preheat to 425*F. Once up to heat pour a bit of the batter in each cup so they're all even. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden and puffed. Once you take them out of the oven they collapse a bit, making a perfect spot for a bit of low sugar blackberry sauce (10 c mashed fruit to 1 c sugar).post #9 of 98/26/13 at 6:19pmThread Starter
That breakfast idea sounds like a nice change from the usual 'eggs and bacon'. I will try that once it cools off here.
We are having a major heat wave here so I've been grilling almost every day. I tried to make fajita meat the same way I did the lamb ribs but the meat was too thick and needed to cook longer. It came out pretty tough. Lesson learned for the next time.
Tonight I made hamburgers and hot dogs (can't remember the brand but they were uncured), broccoli in a foil packet, white potatoes in a foil packet and a "baked" sweet potato. I am trying to clear out the deep freeze so I can defrost it before filling it back up with the cow we're going to butcher next month. So this week I'm looking at a whole chicken (either grilled or cooked in the slow cooker outside), a cabbage roll casserole I stuck in there while pregnant, and some white fish in a foil packet. We have lots of frozen brussels sprouts that I plan to steam and then saute w/ bacon. Also will probably make Zucchini Boats with the excess zukes in the garden. M
I also have a bag of frozen sliced summer squash. Nobody else in the family likes it. Ideas on what to do w/ it?
Should we move this discussion? Where is the best place for this to attract more participants?
- Is Farm to School Enough? My 92 Cents
- › Placenta Plans? 5 minutes ago
- › It's a...... 12 minutes ago
- › Sleeping Arrangements 22 minutes ago
- › 35+ Mamas 46 minutes ago
- › What's Happening Today? 50 minutes ago
- › Twins 53 minutes ago
- › The scoop on midwifery in Hawaii 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- The Beaver Moon 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › Unitarian Universalist Thread or Group? 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › For fun: "Green mama problems" 2 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by dangill
- › The Night Before Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › The Snow Queen by Melanie Mayo
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › The Snowy Day by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Monica S
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo