Hey Paleo Mamas, let's help each other out with meal ideas! What's for dinner tonight? What does your menu plan look like this week? I'm making this (without cheese): http://www.kitchenstewardship.com/2009/08/12/recipe-connection-sausage-zucchini-bake/
- topicTraditional Foodstagged by 2babies2kidsmom, 8/22/13
Related Forum Threads
- Making unpasteurised yoghurt - which milk is best? Last post on 12/7/13 at 10:38pm in Traditional Foods
- iron levels in pregnancy - liver supp.? Last post on 12/5/13 at 1:11pm in Traditional Foods
- My clabbered cheese smells RIPE Last post on 12/7/13 at 8:03pm in Traditional Foods
- Filmjolk Last post on 12/4/13 at 10:09pm in Traditional Foods
- best butter oil/FCLO flavor??? Last post on 12/5/13 at 4:48pm in Traditional Foods
Last edited: 9/20/13
- Is Farm to School Enough? My 92 CentsLast edited: 7/16/13
- Temporary Tattoos, Transdermal Toxins?Last edited: 6/7/13
Paleo Meal Planning- What's for dinner?post #1 of 98/21/13 at 5:03pmThread Starterpost #2 of 98/21/13 at 5:24pmpost #3 of 98/21/13 at 8:38pmThread Starterpost #4 of 98/21/13 at 8:51pm
That zucchini bake looks amazing.
Tomorrow I'm making Crock Pot Pizza from Your Lighter Side. It's an Atkins site but I've noticed it to be pretty primal friendly. I'm going to use some home-canned tomato sauce instead of store bought. I was able to find some huuuuge crimini mushrooms today (I find them to be more flavorful), so I'll saute some of those with garlic to add to the crock pot. I might add some zucchini to it as well, since The Hubby found a neglected zucchini today the size of a small baseball bat.post #5 of 98/22/13 at 7:19pmpost #6 of 98/23/13 at 3:22pmThread Starter
Yum! Looks good. I am grilling lamb ribs tonight. It's a lamb we butchered ourselves. Never cooked it this way before so we'll see how it turns out. I wrapped them in foil and am cooking them low (275) for 3 hours, then will unwrap and turn up the heat to 350 for about 1/2 hour. Serving with a salad and maybe some corn for the non-paleo peeps.
post #7 of 98/24/13 at 8:27ampost #8 of 98/24/13 at 6:46pm
Carnitas was a big success. The Hubby and I ate ours on a salad, BuggaBoo had his on lettuce "shells", and Doozer had hers on a corn tortilla (I wasn't up for the fight tonight).
I'm throwing a breakfast in here because it's quick, easy, and tasty.
In a blender:
1/2 c almond meal or flour
1/2 milk, cream, or coconut milk
In a muffin tin put a small pat of butter in each well, place in oven and preheat to 425*F. Once up to heat pour a bit of the batter in each cup so they're all even. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden and puffed. Once you take them out of the oven they collapse a bit, making a perfect spot for a bit of low sugar blackberry sauce (10 c mashed fruit to 1 c sugar).post #9 of 98/26/13 at 6:19pmThread Starter
That breakfast idea sounds like a nice change from the usual 'eggs and bacon'. I will try that once it cools off here.
We are having a major heat wave here so I've been grilling almost every day. I tried to make fajita meat the same way I did the lamb ribs but the meat was too thick and needed to cook longer. It came out pretty tough. Lesson learned for the next time.
Tonight I made hamburgers and hot dogs (can't remember the brand but they were uncured), broccoli in a foil packet, white potatoes in a foil packet and a "baked" sweet potato. I am trying to clear out the deep freeze so I can defrost it before filling it back up with the cow we're going to butcher next month. So this week I'm looking at a whole chicken (either grilled or cooked in the slow cooker outside), a cabbage roll casserole I stuck in there while pregnant, and some white fish in a foil packet. We have lots of frozen brussels sprouts that I plan to steam and then saute w/ bacon. Also will probably make Zucchini Boats with the excess zukes in the garden. M
I also have a bag of frozen sliced summer squash. Nobody else in the family likes it. Ideas on what to do w/ it?
Should we move this discussion? Where is the best place for this to attract more participants?
- Is Farm to School Enough? My 92 Cents
- › Due Date Roll Call 14 seconds ago
- › Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! 1 minute ago
- › MIL Cut Little Man's Hair! 1 minute ago
- › December Spend-Less Challenge: Let's Fill Our Stockings with... 1 minute ago
- › Pregnancy Symptoms 7 minutes ago
- › Holiday cookies - share your best recipe! 14 minutes ago
- › How are you staying sane? 14 minutes ago
- › What will your holiday meal be? I need suggestions! 16 minutes ago
- › How would you handle this? 17 minutes ago
- › Baby tub? 17 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo