Hi everyone. 2 c-section mama here, after failed VBAC attempt. Wait - make that a successful attempt, but a failed VBAC. Anyway...
ITA with everyone about the book by Pam England. It's awesome.
On the Fence, I have a question for you. For your next planned CB, will you wait until you go into labor? What I mean is: I've been thinking a lot about the possibility of having another baby. I've been told I need to have another CB. I've been wondering if I could plan everything except the date. Does that make sense? I enjoyed not knowing when the baby would come, waiting for labor, and my early labor. I was so happy, I cried. (Okay, part of the crying was b/c I really believed I would be having a successful natural VBAC. Anyway...) So, what do you think? Can you plan a CB, but wait till you go into labor?
Also, I totally believed my 1st CB was unnecessary. After my second CB, now I believe the 1st one was as well as the second. Both my boys have identical markings/scars on their foreheads between their eyebrows. Since my midwives and doula thought there was something physical blocking the entry to my mid-pelvis, I've been wondering if the markings on their foreheads are from the blockage. Maybe it's scar tissue from my many car accidents? Maybe there's a bone spur???
Does anyone know anything about getting an x-ray done of the pelvis and how that works? I really want to find out if there is something physical blocking the entry. I just don't know if that's possible. Then again... maybe it's something I don't want to know...
BTW, I'm impressed with On The Fence going to counseling. I've wondered about that. I still get really, deeply sad.
During yoga the other night, my body felt so open afterwards and I kept wondering if I could've delivered naturally had I been doing yoga for years and years and years. I started fantasizing about a natural birth again. Then I cried. Cyclical. Predictable. As they say in Mexico, Ni Modo. (Oh, Well)