Hi folks, I have a 36 month old who made the transition to underwear very smoothly about 1.5 months ago. However, we have some issues that I just don't know whether it's normal or not, so thanks for your thoughts.
Background: My DD is in underwear all day except for her 1 nap and at bed. She wets her pull-ups at said nap and at bed, so she's not clearly ready for being sans-pullup while sleeping. We don't do rewards or anything like that. Just a "good job" and that's it.
My issues are:
1. When I ask her if she has to go, she insists she doesn't. I then have to tell her it doesn't matter, we're going anyway, and she always ends up peeing quite a lot.
2. She poops on the toilet like a champ and will even ask to go. No pullup pooping since day 2 or 3 of the process.
3. She WILL NOT tell us she needs to pee.
4. The last 3 days she has peed in her pants and when we ask her why she didn't say she had to go she will say "I was pretending like there was a diaper there."
5. While in the car driving home from the park she said she peed in her seat but she did not. I told her she didn't but she insisted she did, even as she felt her dry pants. She had no reason to attention-seek.
6. She does attention-seek from the nanny, asking to pee and poop at nap after she has already gone once but only if the nanny has my 9mo DS yet to put down for nap.
Mostly I am concerned about #5. Combined with #3 & 4 it makes me seem like she doesn't know what the sensation of peeing is? Are these sort of events while potty training normal?