It's totally normal to not have symptoms this early! I know I posted a big list, but it's mostly very subtle, and half of it may be my imagination.
- productMorning Sickness Magic 60 Capsulestagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/27/13
- productSecrets to Relieving Morning Sickness: What Every Pregnant Woman Must Knowtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 8/27/13
Popular Group Discussions
December Chat 50 posts | Last post on Yesterday at 10:49 pm
Related Forum Threads
- Daily Check In Last post on 3/1/13 at 6:22am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- How are you feeling? Last post on 9/21/13 at 9:19am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Morning Sickness Mamas Last post on 8/3/11 at 6:12pm in March 2012
- morning sickness Last post on 5/29/11 at 5:08pm in I'm Pregnant
- Morning Sickness and Gender Last post on 6/20/11 at 1:13pm in I'm Pregnant
Pregnancy Symptoms? - Page 2
I get really extreme nausea (as in, requiring medical intervention) with my pregnancies, and even I am still 95% ok at this point. It's really early, please don't worry.
Ha ha, yes. I feel so worried when I'm not throwing up. I haven't had a really bad wave of nausea in almost a day and I'm already fretting and fretting that something's wrong. Sigh.
I am mostly feeling Ok, but I have had a bad sour-metallic taste in my mouth. That was actually the first thing that hinted I might be pregnant. I have tender breasts, and queasiness in the morning. I would describe it more as acid reflux than nausea at this point, though. My most interesting symptom is my extreme sense of smell - I feel like I can smell everything and everyone from really far away. This is all sooooo new to me.
I am a little worried today because I had to go on an antibiotic for a UTI. The UTI itself was not too bad, but I definitely had the tell tale symptoms and I was told by two different docs that ampicillin should clear it (they did a culture) and that it's perfectly safe. Of course, I worry. But I am trying to tell myself it will all be OK.
Kaliakra - I understand! I have a cut on my finger that I was worried was looking infected last night, and I'd be upset if I had to go on antibiotics. Thankfully, I stuck OTC antibiotic ointment on it and it looks fine this morning. Ampicillin is considered safe for pregnancy, but I know that trying to manage gut health isn't what I wanted to be doing right now, and that's my main worry with taking them.
I had the extreme sense of smell last time, but it hasn't kicked in this time around. I hope it won't - it was pretty obnoxious.
ocelotmom - Oh yeah, gut health - what a diplomatic way to phrase it. I started a pro-biotic too, really hoping that will help out. Continuing with daily plain yogurt as well. What a pain in the butt (no pun intended). But I suppose it's for the best right now. The stabby pains from yesterday are gone after 3 doses of the AB, so I think it was necessary, unfortunately.
I've been on antibiotics too, unfortunately. It was for a sudden tooth problem, but it is already affecting my gut.
Anyone else a complete nervous wreck? I was never like this with my first two. I can't focus on anything, I'm running around like a lost ant, my head is spinning with a thousand things, and I haven't been sleeping well at all. I've wanted a baby for a long time now, but mentally I can't accept that this is happening. It feels like I need to take more tests every day just to somehow prove it to myself. I thought I'd be happy and excited, but I haven't felt that way at all. Maybe it is just the hormones driving me bats, I don't know.
heldt123 - I am in a similar boat. The past few days have been a bit of an emotional roller coaster, but I am absolutely trying to settle in and savor the moments. The worry is, of course, still there on a very primal level. But on the other hand, I think it's such a momentous event that any and all emotions are justified. Try not to worry about worrying or not being excited. I do that all the time, and it's not good.
I don't have the super smell either. I have had, just a few times a day for maybe 5 seconds or so, a pain low and right in front that's kind of a combination of sharp, tight and a little tingly. It's nothing like my menstrual cramps and only happens maybe 2-3 times a day pretty much just at random. No idea whether that's normal or not.
I know I'm a newbie so this may sound silly but...I love symptoms! I want some more. I'll probably regret saying that. (I hope )
Anarlaria, my nausea has subsided too. For the past five days I've felt kinda pukey and had no appetite, and today I feel hungry and normal! Which kind of bothers me, but I'm trying not to drive myself crazy about it. I didn't know I was pregnant with my son until I was about six or seven weeks, so I have no recollection of how I felt at this point with him.
It takes me ages to fall asleep each night, I put it down to an overactive mind. Has anyone heard of the GentleBirth tracks? They are mp3's or cd's that apparently can really help emotionally prepare you for a peaceful birth. They have ones for first trimester anxiety too, which I'm thinking of getting. Might help with the sleep too I'm thinking.
- › I just found out what I'm having :) 1 minute ago
- › advice please - dh strict & controlling attitude 3 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- The Beaver Moon 5 minutes ago
- › Passions vs Interests... 7 minutes ago
- › MIL Cut Little Man's Hair! 7 minutes ago
- › Autism Waiver 8 minutes ago
- › DP says no presents--just coal in stockings this year! 8 minutes ago
- › 12 yo gift ideas 15 minutes ago
- › Homebirth midwife who covers north-central CO? 23 minutes ago
- › Anyone having Braxton Hicks yet? 26 minutes ago
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Polar Express by Alyssa Eisner
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo