I feel like crap! I have two boys (ages 2 and 4) and had really easy times with both pregnancies (a bit of night time ickiness with baby #2 but that's it). This time I am constantly nauseas, extremely exhausted all day long, and moody as heck. It's so different! I usually feel so vibrant and healthy while pregnant. This time I feel so pathetic and sickly! Anyone else have this happen? Do pregnancies just keep getting harder and harder?
Popular Group Discussions
Who is dying to have their baby already??! 6 posts | Last post on April 15, 2014 at 3:36 pm
Related Forum Threads
- symptoms? Last post on 11/22/13 at 8:03pm in June 2014 Due Date Club
- Anyone Exercising or Planning To? Last post on 11/19/13 at 7:53am in June 2014 Due Date Club
- What's your plan for eating right? Last post on 10/28/13 at 10:55am in June 2014 Due Date Club
- Welcome! Roll call! Introduce yourself please! Last post on 4/15/14 at 7:19pm in June 2014 Due Date Club
- Prenatals? Last post on 11/8/13 at 5:42pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 3/31/14
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
Third and hardest pregnancy... Anyone else?post #1 of 108/27/13 at 7:11pmThread Starterpost #2 of 108/27/13 at 11:09pmSorry I can't speak from experience, but from what my mom (11 pregnancies) and from what other women have told me, and from what I've read is that often you are more sick with girls. I know that's not always true but just throwing that out there as a suggestion.
Sorry you're having such a hard time with it! I hope you get more relief soon! And I hope other mamas om here can give you better advicepost #3 of 108/28/13 at 9:57amThread Starterpost #4 of 109/2/13 at 1:35pm
That's funny. I heard the opposite is true. I never had morning sickness with my first two pregnancies, both girls. All my friends who have been pregnant with boys had morning sickness pretty bad. This, my third pregnancy, I've had so much nausea all day long, which is especially worse when I'm hungry or have an empty stomach. I haven't thrown up or anything, but that nausea is so persistent. I am a lot older now than with my first two, but I'm still just as exhausted the first trimester with this pregnancy as I was with the other two.post #5 of 109/4/13 at 2:26pm
OP, I could have written your post! I also have two boys at almost the same ages as yours and both of their pregnancies were easier. Now I'm *so* tired and I feel like I work all day at keeping the nausea at bay. I supplement with magnesium, which I think helps, and I take ginger pills and a large snack when I feel it getting worse. But I do feel terrible when all I want to do is lie on the couch and the boys have no idea why since I haven't told them yet!post #6 of 109/4/13 at 8:43pm
Me too! This is my third pregnancy. My two boys are 3 and 5 and I only threw up once with each of them. Now I'm up to 4 times. I'm constantly nauseous and tired. It feels like torture. Haven't told them yet partly because I don't want them to associate the baby with Mommy begin so sick. I've been slightly less nauseous the past few days and am hoping I turned a corner although I'm just 9 weeks so I know I'm not out of the blue yet.post #7 of 109/4/13 at 9:20pm
I'm there with you! My first two pregnancies were pretty uneventful and now I have a 4 year old girl and 2 year old girl. This pregnancy I'm much sicker, and my girls have learned that when I move quickly toward the bathroom, they have a few minutes to forage for forbidden snacks in the kitchen!
Maybe I'm incubating a boy this time, maybe you a girl. Or, as a friend of mine loves to tease me, maybe it's pregnancy #3 but babies #3 AND #4!post #8 of 109/18/13 at 1:09pmpost #9 of 109/18/13 at 7:35pm
I am so with you! My boys were so easy. No nausea, just some tiredness. This time, I can barely find anything to eat. Foods that I normally love make me want to puke! I can't even be rational about why I don't want to eat things. I tried to explain to DH that I couldn't eat cereal because it was too scoopy. Any I couldn't eat a quesadilla because the tortilla was to squishy. For some reason, I get carsick now, and I am the only driver in my family. We are driving to VT this weekend, and I have no idea how I am going to do it.
My boys are 3 and 5, and they are baffled as to why I can get them to school and home and barely anything else. My house is a mess and I can't figure out how to clean it. My kitchen is driving me crazy, but I can't get in there to deep clean it, because I am so sensitive to smell.
I alternate between needing to sleep 12+ hours a night, to waking up at 3am, not being able to go back to sleep.
So yes, this third time around is kicking my butt!post #10 of 1010/10/13 at 5:22pm
Number 3 was mis.er.a.ble. for me. I didnt think pregnancy could be any less enjoyable. That is until now with number 4. So for me personally they get worse but Im hoping this time it all eases in my second trimester. Also I like to think its harder because we have more responsibility, more kids to care for and thus less time to tend to our discomforts?
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › New Step mom of a 12 year old boy 5 minutes ago
- › Hello. Second Time around... 7 minutes ago
- › Hi! TTC with history of fibroids 14 minutes ago
- › Hallo (: 20 minutes ago
- › So exhausted!! 23 minutes ago
- › Hi and Indigestion 33 minutes ago
- › Was this punishment too harsh? 35 minutes ago
- › First time Mom looking for a supportive group and other Portland... 38 minutes ago
- › DIY Cleaning Products 39 minutes ago
- › Faint line... BFP or BFN ?? 48 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness