or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Childhood and Beyond › The Childhood Years › Need book recommendations for a 9 year old
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need book recommendations for a 9 year old

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 

I am looking for a book for a 9 yo boy. Something funny would be nice but it doesn't have to be.

 

TIA.

post #2 of 6
Do you know his reading level or what books have been successful recently.
Here is a great site to search for books and find out their reading and interest level:

http://www.scholastic.com/bookwizard/
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkirche View Post

Do you know his reading level or what books have been successful recently.
Here is a great site to search for books and find out their reading and interest level:

http://www.scholastic.com/bookwizard/

I actually don't know and I was useless at trying to use the link. I was trying to find by grade or age but it didn't give me the right info.

post #4 of 6
When I use the website, I either type in a book that I am curious about or type in a book that my son read and enjoyed to find a similar book at the same level or a similar book at a different level. You could try that.
What about The Strange Case of Origami Yoda? My son started reading that and likes it or what about the 39 Clues books?
post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkirche View Post

When I use the website, I either type in a book that I am curious about or type in a book that my son read and enjoyed to find a similar book at the same level or a similar book at a different level. You could try that.
What about The Strange Case of Origami Yoda? My son started reading that and likes it or what about the 39 Clues books?

Thanks. I just remembered he likes Origami. I don't know the first book you mention is about. Hope it has something to do with Origami and is not just a random name. :) However, he does have books on the craft itself,

post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neera View Post
 

Thanks. I just remembered he likes Origami. I don't know the first book you mention is about. Hope it has something to do with Origami and is not just a random name. :) However, he does have books on the craft itself,

 

Forgot to say the Origami Yoda book was a good fit. We will be buying that.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Childhood Years
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Childhood and Beyond › The Childhood Years › Need book recommendations for a 9 year old