I understand if you'd prefer the quiet without them awake, but if you don't really care then I say the pregnant lady gets priority in her own house to labor how she wants and if that means walking stairs, then go for it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on 3/12/14 at 8:04am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 3/31/14
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
September 2013 Chit Chat - Page 69post #1361 of 33849/13/13 at 8:48amThread Starterpost #1362 of 33849/13/13 at 8:49ampost #1363 of 33849/13/13 at 8:52ampost #1364 of 33849/13/13 at 8:59ampost #1365 of 33849/13/13 at 9:02ampost #1366 of 33849/13/13 at 9:13am
Nicole, I actually vacuum hardwood floors, I really don't like sweeping, but it's not quite the same effect as vacuuming carpet. COME OUT LAYLA! I don't think poptarts are food that anyone should eat, much less a 9mo, but I'm pretty die-hard in that area..
Katie - How did last night go?
Sara - I have no idea how anyone could function on 4 or 5 hours of sleep? I literally need to be in bed for 9 hours if my sleep is disturbed at night. If I get much less than that, I really need a nap in the afternoon. I get extra dizzy, spaced out and awful feel pretty darn quick. Luckily I also don't have any sleep issues (except waking kids)..post #1367 of 33849/13/13 at 9:23ampost #1368 of 33849/13/13 at 9:24ampost #1369 of 33849/13/13 at 9:26ampost #1370 of 33849/13/13 at 9:27ampost #1371 of 33849/13/13 at 9:29amQuote:Originally Posted by Jaimee
Sara, how about your DP takes the kids camping without you for a weekend? Now, would just you wean the kids off you, but Sara still nurses both? Or wean Shay off both of you and Soren still nurses off both or just Sara? How would that all work? Or does Sara not nurse Shay?
They both nurse with both of us. Shay has always had much more attachment to nursing than Soren. Sara doesn't make as much milk as I do and they like nursing with me very much, but she wants to keep up nursing once I quit. Today I managed to skip the morning nursing by being out if the house, but they were such a mess by the time we got home that they wouldn't eat lunch. Well, one they in particular. Both are sleeping now. I already rarely sit, he will just cling to my leg and scream when denied the boobie and without sufficient distraction.
Nicole, go contractions go!post #1372 of 33849/13/13 at 9:32amAbra, I'm less hyper than normal, but I function decently.
Nicole, oh man! Evening is a more common time to start labor, right?
Jaimee, I forgot to say that she's already taken them out of town without me. It didn't help.
Oh, it looks like camping is on with all 6 of us. That's good at least.post #1373 of 33849/13/13 at 9:37ampost #1374 of 33849/13/13 at 9:56amThread StarterQuote:
Recently? Maybe he's more ready this time... or maybe it needs to be a bit longer time away?
Nicole, ugh, sorry they stopped. But hopefully all that work has dilated you a few cm and when things really kick it won't take as long! And Sara's right, hormone levels differ in the evening, making it much more common to naturally go into labor at night. So if they have tapered off, maybe take the chance to get some rest if you can, hydrate well, and relax in preparation for the possible activity tonight!post #1375 of 33849/13/13 at 9:58ampost #1376 of 33849/13/13 at 9:59amIf I could fall asleep at 9pm last night would have been ok since she slept from 9-2:30 straight! But then was up from 2:30-5:30. I finally gave in and nursed her at 5:30 after a valiant effort. As for night weaning, you've all convinced me, I'm going for it. I only got my usual 2-3 hrs of sleep last night but I do feel like we made progress.post #1377 of 33849/13/13 at 10:06ampost #1378 of 33849/13/13 at 10:09amNicole, I'd even venture to say.... maybe take a Benadryl to knock you out tonight and see what you wake up to? My water broke after my midwife pushed me to take a Benadryl to rest up. Granted, I had already been in early labor for 14+ hours, but for real it was like BAM water broke in those few hours of a Benadryl-induced coma. It was amazing.post #1379 of 33849/13/13 at 10:10ampost #1380 of 33849/13/13 at 10:17am
Katie - That does sound like good progress. It sucks for awhile, but hopefully it will be so much better in the end.
Amanda - At least there is a silver lining and your dsd might get a stable finish to her childhood with someone that actually wants her! Glad you're feeling a bit better.
Sara - Yay for everyone camping together!
Nicole, All of my labors started at night, but it sounds like you're making some good steady progress now.. even if it is slooooooow.
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Why Is Jenny McCarthy Dangerous? 3 minutes ago
- › My intro... 3 minutes ago
- › HOLY SH#$%¥*T! We are due next month - April Chat Thread : ) 5 minutes ago
- › postpartum mood swings 14 minutes ago
- › Single Mamas By Choice 15 minutes ago
- › helpful "tools" during labor 29 minutes ago
- › Word Association Conga Line 37 minutes ago
- › positive pregnancy thoughts 37 minutes ago
- › Dear Vaccinating Parents - 38 minutes ago
- › CNN: US Autism Rate Surges--AGAIN 48 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness