Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on Yesterday at 1:54 pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 2/3/14
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
September 2013 Chit Chat - Page 91post #1801 of 33849/15/13 at 5:48pmpost #1802 of 33849/15/13 at 5:49pmpost #1803 of 33849/15/13 at 5:53pmpost #1804 of 33849/15/13 at 5:58pmpost #1805 of 33849/15/13 at 6:02pm
OMG, Zippy here. It's been awhile. I swore I wouldn't jump into the conversation until I read all the pages of the chit chat threads. At times, I was discouraged! It took me WEEKS! When you see you are on page 56 our of 59 pages, you feel safe going to sleep or doing dishes or running an errand, thinking you've only got a few pages to go to catch up. But then you wake up or whatever, and there are suddenly 25 more pages to get through!
So, the latest with me is that:
-- I use a salutation and sign my texts because I AM that old
-- Haven't had Doritos since I spent a college summer in Pompeii
-- Found Jill to be very helpful in getting labor started for DS and have wondered ever since what that means about DS
-- Need a Sister Wife
-- Have been sending Amanda lots and lots of love, love, LOVE -- and Mal too! AND Nicole! And now Abra's dog! I hope she and the pups will be okay!
-- Don't have access to any high school pics. Wish I did! I was the Homecoming Queen! More like the anti-queen. I was in high school when Nirvana took off, living in PDX during the whole grunge time. What a great time to be young. I had Doc Marten mary janes! Sweet! I was also a model for Tigi hair products. Wish I could find those pics! So, Joanie, I am going through my fugly phase now.
-- Ash, I wasn't the tattle. If I was, I would have reported your "jumping on dicks" comment!
-- We moved to the Berkshires in Massachusetts for DD's school. We still have our home near NYC, so if there is ever a DDC reunion in NYC, you all can stay at my house!!!!! And take the train into the city. FUN!
I have some house pics I can share, though, for a limited time!!!!
Here is our DDC reunion house (playroom looking into kitchen and dining room):
And the kitchen:
And our new ultra modern house (that needs some help!) in Mass. These are photos the old homeowner took with her furniture and crazy paint colors:post #1806 of 33849/15/13 at 6:07pm
There is only 1 vet in this town. The next closest vet is 25 miles away, when I called them, they referred me back to the local vet here for emergencies! Outside of that, the next vet or clinic is 110 miles away.. Anyway, the local vet here did call me back. He said to give her 1 more hour, if she hasn't had any puppies, then to call back and come in for a c-section. Apparently a dogs temp might not drop around here because it's 108 degrees outside...? At least, that's what the vet said. It still doesn't seem right to me. :(post #1807 of 33849/15/13 at 6:11pmpost #1808 of 33849/15/13 at 6:11pmpost #1809 of 33849/15/13 at 6:12pmpost #1810 of 33849/15/13 at 6:13pm
I'm so glad the vet called you back! And that he's willing to take on a c-section in a pinch. Nicole/Abra - Can a lot happy to puppies inside in an hour? Or is it normal for labor to take some time? We bred our dogs when I was a kid but don't remember much about the start time, only how quick the puppies came once one popped out and then another and another.post #1811 of 33849/15/13 at 6:14pmpost #1812 of 33849/15/13 at 6:16pmpost #1813 of 33849/15/13 at 6:18pmQuote:
Yes, you take what you can get around here! It's slim pickins'! But I actually like the house now that we are living in it. We just need to tone down the uberness of it all, which I know how to do. Just need the $$$!post #1814 of 33849/15/13 at 6:21pmQuote:
Nicole, what does the green fluid mean? Sign of distress like meconium? Or an infection, but maybe an infection would have an increase in temp, too, though? Fill us lay people in.post #1815 of 33849/15/13 at 6:23pmpost #1816 of 33849/15/13 at 6:23pmpost #1817 of 33849/15/13 at 6:26pmWe moved the dog from her normal room to the whelping area and it stressed her out. Now we decided to move her back to where she is comfortable. If labor doesn't start again in a couple of minutes, I will call the vet back. I have a feeling that at least 1 puppy is already dead, as we saw the sac burst but no puppy came out...post #1818 of 33849/15/13 at 6:29pmpost #1819 of 33849/15/13 at 6:30pm
I'm sorry to hear about your dog and puppies Abra! I hope things work out and quickly!
No job for me in South America? Is it because I'm already in an intentional community? No partner-swapping here, promise. It's a pretty mainstream alternative lifestyle here actually. Though I am good at sharing....
Supper time. C'MON LAYLA!!post #1820 of 33849/15/13 at 6:31pm
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › General Chat 12 minutes ago
- › For parents of special needs children... 14 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 14 minutes ago
- › Materni T21 Blood test done? 17 minutes ago
- › Baby "measuring small" 17 minutes ago
- › Send me good vibes 19 minutes ago
- › ~~~The Belly Thread~~~ 21 minutes ago
- › fundal height 24 minutes ago
- › wiggly baby 31 minutes ago
- › Finally decided 36 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Brian Leaf
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea