or Connect
Mothering › Groups › November 2011 Due Date Club › Discussions › September 2013 Chit Chat

September 2013 Chit Chat - Page 100

post #1981 of 3384
I have to agree with Jaimee. That is not "letting you labor." If you go in for the induction, you will be lying in a hospital bed hooked up the whole time, no? You won't get that at-home laboring experience you want. How many of us had our fluid levels checked prior to birthing late? I sure as heck didn't. Mine could've been low and I never would've known. That seems like a dumb reason to push for induction if it's not an actual emergency. I really think Layla is just a normal slow cooker, Nicole! I said this before, and I'll say it again: The majority of women I know who went into labor naturally went past 41 weeks. You're just hitting that mark tomorrow. Seriously I bet Layla is going to come within the next few days. I'm so frustrated with these scare tactics. We're all different and our bodies labor/birth differently. My cervix was <1cm dilated and 75% effaced the whole week before I went into labor. And my labor was slow and dilation was slow. Even if you get the labor started out on your own, what happens if it goes slower like some of ours do? Is he going to hook you up to Pitocin to speed things along then too? Deem you failure to progress because it's not within his recommended time table? Sorry, I'm just mad for you. One intervention can easily lead to another intervention.
post #1982 of 3384
I'm very sorry you're having to deal with this, Nicole. Take some time to think about your options and just follow your gut. We support you in whatever you do!
post #1983 of 3384
Good luck Nicole, with whatever you choose.
post #1984 of 3384

I totally agree with Jaime. If I were your birth doula, I would tell you this:

 

"I support you 110% in whatever decision YOU make; to go for the induction, to take castor oil, to go straight for a repeat C, to wait til 42 weeks to go in, etc. BUT I want you to be 110% behind whatever it is you CHOOSE to do. Because it is YOUR choice, ultimately, it is your body, your baby, you are the mother and only you have to live with this birth experience. Your doctor, as wonderful as he might be, will not think about this birth for the rest of his life, or really much at all except during it. My advice for you would be, if you WANT to go ahead with the induction tomorrow morning,  to try everything you can today/tonight to put yourself in labor. Take the dosage recommended for castor oil along with nipple stimulation (this can be tiring but often extremely effective if done properly) and sex. Take time to write out/talk out/draw out your fears or anxieties about this birth. Speak positive affirmations over yourself. Then get a good night's sleep. No matter what, you are not a failure, and your body is not a lemon. Once in labor, stand up for yourself. If everything is ok, keep laboring as long as you/baby need to. There is no rush. Your baby WILL come out if given enough time. "

post #1985 of 3384

Nicole,  I've had several friends who were over-due and were able to be easily induced by JUST breaking the bag of waters, walking and nipple stim.  It's possible that it would work for you too.  I never dilate at all before I go into labor, hell, I don't even lose mucus until I'm way into labor, so your body is already on the right track.  You CAN do this!!

post #1986 of 3384
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliShanti View Post
 

I totally agree with Jaime. If I were your birth doula, I would tell you this:

 

"I support you 110% in whatever decision YOU make; to go for the induction, to take castor oil, to go straight for a repeat C, to wait til 42 weeks to go in, etc. BUT I want you to be 110% behind whatever it is you CHOOSE to do. Because it is YOUR choice, ultimately, it is your body, your baby, you are the mother and only you have to live with this birth experience. Your doctor, as wonderful as he might be, will not think about this birth for the rest of his life, or really much at all except during it. My advice for you would be, if you WANT to go ahead with the induction tomorrow morning,  to try everything you can today/tonight to put yourself in labor. Take the dosage recommended for castor oil along with nipple stimulation (this can be tiring but often extremely effective if done properly) and sex. Take time to write out/talk out/draw out your fears or anxieties about this birth. Speak positive affirmations over yourself. Then get a good night's sleep. No matter what, you are not a failure, and your body is not a lemon. Once in labor, stand up for yourself. If everything is ok, keep laboring as long as you/baby need to. There is no rush. Your baby WILL come out if given enough time. "

 

:thumb

post #1987 of 3384
Thread Starter 

Yes, yes, yes to everyone!  We are here for you Nicole!

post #1988 of 3384
Nicole, sorry you are stressing. Whatever happens, we will be here! Get some rest!
post #1989 of 3384
Nicole! Thinking of you! I'd start with half the recommended amount of castor oil, if you do decide to go that route. 2tbsp max. I took four and it was... A nightmare. Take care, girl. Rooting for you and sweet little Layla.
post #1990 of 3384

Oh and I will say that i actually HAVE taken castor oil myself to good effect. It gave me some cramps, but no vomiting and not really any more loose stools than Id been having. Produced labor in about 6 hours.

post #1991 of 3384
Boys talking.
Edited by seraf - 9/16/13 at 4:19pm
post #1992 of 3384
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraf View Post

Here's a video of the boys talking.

 

Nope, try again.

post #1993 of 3384
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraf View Post

Boys talking.
I think I fixed it.
post #1994 of 3384
I talked to DH. We're going to go ahead with it.

I just drank the Castor Oil.

I'm confident I won't give into another csec unless it's absolutely necessary. If it boils down to it, I'll just get an epi. LOL I'm also confident that my body is more ready this time than it was last time.

I got this. smile.gif
post #1995 of 3384
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDsMom1031 View Post

I talked to DH. We're going to go ahead with it.

I just drank the Castor Oil.

I'm confident I won't give into another csec unless it's absolutely necessary. If it boils down to it, I'll just get an epi. LOL I'm also confident that my body is more ready this time than it was last time.

I got this. smile.gif

 

 

:thumb  You've totally got this.  And you start at like...330am my time so, I will have to make it a point to check first thing in the AM!

post #1996 of 3384
o.O Nicole - I totally want to know what you experience after the castor oil!
post #1997 of 3384
Conner just sat on the potty and peed all by himself. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif I was giving him some naked time. I turned around and he was sitting down peeing. It was awesome. He was all the way back on it so he could watch the pee come out but whatever works.
post #1998 of 3384
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdhappy85 View Post

o.O Nicole - I totally want to know what you experience after the castor oil!

So far, nothing. Just some cramps, but they aren't poop cramps.
post #1999 of 3384
I think I'm having sympathy cramps, Nicole. My back hurts so bad like it did during my labor with Sora. Wtf, I don't get menstrual cramps like this. Not cool.

I lucked out and found a therapist who can see me tomorrow right after work. I'm so thankful. And nervous.
post #2000 of 3384
The oil likely won't kick in for a few hours. How much did you take? I'm excited for you no matter what. You got this!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: November 2011 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › November 2011 Due Date Club › Discussions › September 2013 Chit Chat