Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on Today at 12:35 am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 12/4/13
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
September 2013 Chit Chat - Page 110post #2182 of 33849/18/13 at 3:22ampost #2183 of 33849/18/13 at 4:09ampost #2184 of 33849/18/13 at 5:06am
Morning. She did good last night. She went down for actual sleep around 3a and just now woke up. I think. DH was insistent I sleep and get some rest last night, so he had her from 1-3a.
I find it very annoying when the hospital wants me to wake her up to nurse her. You aren't going to wake a sleeping newborn... Then they call LC, who, after finally failing enough, tells me to let her sleep and try again later. O.o Haha. That was my 5am.post #2185 of 33849/18/13 at 5:31amThread Starterpost #2186 of 33849/18/13 at 5:37ampost #2187 of 33849/18/13 at 5:38ampost #2188 of 33849/18/13 at 5:56ampost #2189 of 33849/18/13 at 6:26ampost #2190 of 33849/18/13 at 6:33am
I am here, good morning all!
She is beautiful Nicole! Glad she nursed well!
I have horror stories about hospital nursing so I won't even start, apart from mentioning that because Eli was my first, every single nurse had a different way of showing how to nurse and none of them were good! I hated the nurses that work in the mommy ward. Not kind at all. Finally had a consultant come in who was waaaaay better than the nurses. not a good memory. At least if we have another one, I will have some knowledge to fall back on and hopefully will be hassled less.
Ha, I am totally going to do that next time!post #2191 of 33849/18/13 at 6:37ampost #2192 of 33849/18/13 at 6:39ampost #2193 of 33849/18/13 at 6:43ampost #2194 of 33849/18/13 at 7:34amThread Starter
Nicole, that's awesome that she is such a great nurser! That is always a fear with c-section and I'm so happy to hear that things are going well in that department. How are you feeling?
Oh, and you literally did not miss anything. We were practically silent the entire day, just send out positive thoughts and wishing you well. It was like a day of silence for you!post #2195 of 33849/18/13 at 8:46ampost #2196 of 33849/18/13 at 9:04am
I’m okay, thanks Ash. Told dd1 and dd2 two nights ago. It went about as expected, which was not well. They both totally knew why, though. They were glad dsd is staying. Dd2 said how she doesn’t like in when H makes dsd cry. Everything is pretty boring at the house. H should be moving out this week. I’m trying to avoid talking to friends and family, and I have only told my best friend. I also told my boss because I’ve been acting weird. Yesterday was a bad day, today is okay. Comes and goes.
I have so much work to do at the house. I’ve really let things go thinking that someone might step up and help. Oh well.post #2197 of 33849/18/13 at 9:27am
Glad to hear that she's nursing well. My personal experience has been that babies sleep in at least one good long stretch after they're born (and then not again until they were night-weaned). Birth is work for them too! I've also hear the advice that you don't need to wake them much the first day. I never had to wake up any of my babies though, they always woke on their own when they got hungry.
Yup, like Jaimee said, nothing happened yesterday..
AFM: We've had to slightly change our plans with moving to South America since none of the puppies made it. We were planning on taking a scouting trip down there in Nov. to get a good feel for the area we picked and to potentially look at rentals. However, we now can't afford that $4,000 trip that we don't really have to take (yes, it would be the best option, but it's $$). So, the tentative plan now is that we're just going to move there in March. George will likely go down there 2-3 weeks before us and secure us a rental and feel out the area. Then we are going to give ourselves 6 months and see how we like it. If we don't like living there, we'll come back to the US and find a good spot to settle down here (probably in an established IC). We won't ship any of our stuff down there until we're sure we want to stay, so we'll go with full suitcases and get a fully furnished apartment.post #2198 of 33849/18/13 at 9:55amThread Starter
Abra, wow! Where will you keep your stuff while you're away for 6 months? Is your mom coming with you for the 6 months as well? I'm sorry you had to change your plans b/c of the puppies.
Amanda, I was going to ask you were doing today, too. I was just thinking to myself yesterday how you're dealing with Jasper's constant ear problems, the fire clean up, your dd's behavior/diagnosis, and now the separation with your H. That's a LOT of stuff on your plate to handle both emotionally and just physically. Are you getting any support from local friends? Are you still coming to Chicago in November? Who will watch the kids?
Nicole, getting some rest?post #2199 of 33849/18/13 at 9:56ampost #2200 of 33849/18/13 at 10:07amThread Starter
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Dinner - What Are You Having? 1 minute ago
- › Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! 5 minutes ago
- › Locked out with baby inside!!! 5 minutes ago
- › What's Happening Today? 7 minutes ago
- › writing with question 7 minutes ago
- › Angry and Bitter! (but trying not to be) 11 minutes ago
- › epidural or no 21 minutes ago
- › How to tell the boss 24 minutes ago
- › 45 degrees in CA, what to wear for 6 month old under Ergo outside? 25 minutes ago
- › Please explain to me why.. 27 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel