In other news, a giant gust of wind blew our patio umbrella across the yard and it took the glass table with it. Literally. It shattered completely. All over the deck. While I was canning salsa. Yep, that happened.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on Yesterday at 9:04 pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: Yesterday
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
September 2013 Chit Chat - Page 159post #3161 of 33849/28/13 at 1:54pmThread Starterpost #3162 of 33849/28/13 at 1:58pmpost #3163 of 33849/28/13 at 2:16pmThread Starterpost #3164 of 33849/28/13 at 2:20pmKirsten, was that your house you Snapped?
Jaimee, that sucks really bad.
Who's doing the grocery shopping? Add me to the list, you can do mine.
Sara, I was just letting everything get to me. I definitely feel much better now. DH kept making petty comments that normally don't bother me. I cried. My sister made a mess upstairs and left it for me to clean. I yelled. I just needed some sleep.post #3165 of 33849/28/13 at 3:09pm
Jaimee - That sucks about the table. Tempered glass is a pain to clean up!
Nicole, Sleeeeep! Is Layla still sleeping pretty well at night? How's nursing going?
Ash, Ugh, I've gotten into debates like that too. My ex best friend was the type that WAS GOING TO BE A PEEERRRRFECCCT PARENT before she ever had kids. It was actually VERY hard for me to get over it, because she would over-punish my kid and judge what I did and then she did very similar things (just like all parents really) when she had her own son. She didn't live up to her own un-achievable values, but she spent several years expecting me too. Our friendship eventually failed, I'm sure this aspect just added to the growing tension between us.
I had better get back to cleaning to the bus, someone is missing me by now I'm sure!post #3166 of 33849/28/13 at 3:16pmpost #3167 of 33849/28/13 at 3:57pm
Grocery shopping: DONE. Eli asleep: FAIL (slept 10 minutes woke up crying, still crying). Pack groceries away: not done lol... Have cup of tea: not done... Veg at the computer for a few minutes: DONE> Migraine: CHECK. Still unable to comfort a very tired and upset baby.
I am sorry, but I can't volunteer to do shopping for anyone else It is a mission as it is for me. I took the bus to the store in the POURING rain, Eli in my Boba carrier, umbrella in one hand, diaper bag in the other. All the shopping carts were wet, I managed to get a paper-towel from someone at the store, to just wipe where Eli had to sit. The sitting thing was a disaster because the cart is older and for some reason the seat part slants forwards, so he kept hitting the bar in between his legs, where his diaper is and it was uncomfortable. He complained a lot Shame. I didn't know how to solve the problem. It was super busy in the store, and getting a cab home was also almost impossible because of the rain it was really busy. I had the store deliver once, but it wasn't free and I found that they weren't good at checking to make sure that I got fresher things (you know how you check the expiry dates on bread, meat etc). It was also more of hassle because the online shop isn't set up well.
Sara, our neighbour gives us fish from time to time. He works for the coast guard. So we are making fish cakes: YUMMY! I am not a big fish lover so I try to find ways to incorporate fish into recipes so it tastes good. My mom always made fishcakes so that is what I do now and my family loves them. We are also having butter chicken, shepherds pie, spaghetti to name a few. I tend to repeat a few things here and there depending on what I have in the freezer, I know, boring but its the way it is when you stretch your budget. We will probably have fishcakes twice since we have all that fish we just got. My neighbour also said he would be dropping some fresh tuna off some time soon - his buddy is coming down from alaska on a fishing trawler with a couple thousand lbs of tuna. Yay!
Jaimee, sucks about your table. Didn't even know that it could happen. It gets super windy here in the winter (last year it was so bad that the balconies of an older apartment building were ripped off), so I guess it is possible.
Nicole, Everything okay?
Anyhow, I need to get going and figure out what is bothering Eli.post #3168 of 33849/28/13 at 4:32pmWe had a wonderful walk and then hung out in my backyard chatting. Good times!
We got grocery shopping done here too, as several of you saw. Sora kept asking the checkout person for stickers and they kept obliging. Lol. Yay for food!
Sonja, I'm sorry your shopping sucked. Ugh. That sounded miserable!
Jaimee, wow @ the table! That is crazy!
A wheel came off of Sora's wagon and we can't get it to stay on again. Frustrating. I hope DH can pick something up at the hardware store and fix it.
As usual, I'm jealous of all of you with clean living areas.
Sorry if I missed anyone.post #3169 of 33849/28/13 at 4:36pmYeah. DH can just be insensitive sometimes... He makes comments about my lack of feminism, LOL. I've been like this our entire relationship, that's why it doesn't normally bother me. Really. It doesn't. I take pride in being able to be sexy without trying. I'm proud that I'm just as sexy in a tshirt and ponytail as I am dressed up.
I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.post #3170 of 33849/28/13 at 4:44pmpost #3171 of 33849/28/13 at 4:48pmpost #3172 of 33849/28/13 at 5:18pmpost #3173 of 33849/28/13 at 5:23pmQuote:
Yeah.. THAT! There is a time and place for nice hair and makeup, but not anywhere near child birth. Most women are just happy to have a pair of pants that fit, much less trying to look 'made up'.
I tried to try on some pants today that were too small (I couldn't button them). My dh thought they were GREAT, if you can imagine.. Who cares if they don't close. Heh.post #3174 of 33849/28/13 at 5:24pmJoanie, it's not clean here. I swept up popcorn but left everything else where I found it.
Nicole, glad you feel better, lol, but don't most people look better dressed up? I kid a little since I am a t-shirt gal.
Sonja, how do you make fish cakes? Grocery shopping sounds rough.
Laying the boys down. Hot dog.post #3175 of 33849/28/13 at 5:24pmpost #3176 of 33849/28/13 at 5:37pm
Motherhood transformed me into a person who could care less about her appearance. Kind of good and bad at the same time... I have more important things to worry about than my hair and makeup. Priorities. But I also look like crap 99% of the time and that's no good for anyone. lol. I wonder where my motivation went. Am I the only one?post #3177 of 33849/28/13 at 6:42pmpost #3178 of 33849/28/13 at 7:28pmpost #3179 of 33849/28/13 at 7:42pm
I don't have much motivation to get dressed up or put on make-up, but then, I don't leave the house much either. If I had a job I'm sure I would get dressed and put on make up every day. I do care about staying in shape and having clothes that fit though.
I'm sure he was STFU if you were, ahem, tending to his needs. I've never heard a guy complain during THAT time..
We almost have the bus cleaned and put back together. Now we need to stage it with bedding, take it to a truck wash to clean the outside and take some nice pictures!post #3180 of 33849/28/13 at 7:42pm
Yum ... this is what I just made:
Oatmeal Chocolate Almond butter bars. * Supposed to have peanut butter in them, but I am NOT a fan of peanut butter in baked goods/chocolate. So I subbed Almond butter. They are so yummy. :) I allow for one sweet thing in my meal plan.
Sara, fishcakes are pretty simple. Equal parts cooked fish to mashed potato (just mashed with a bit of butter, you don't want milk in it) - mixed together with a potato masher when both are cooked, I throw in some chives and add some seasoning. Then once everything is mixed together, you form them into little patties and dust them with flour. Put a bit of butter or oil in a pan and fry them on both sides until golden brown. I make them the way my mom makes them, but it is something along these lines if you are looking for a recipe (I don't add an egg because I find that if the mix is too moist the patties don't hold together, you want a fairly dry patty):
I wish I could get dressed up once in a while ... :) maybe I will for our anniversary which is around the corner. We are going out to dinner so that means I can dress up:)
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Just try out marble chocolate bread 9 minutes ago
- › Recommend a first-time birth plan? 23 minutes ago
- › "Create Your Own Holiday Cards" Giveaway 24 minutes ago
- › What is my baby trying to tell me?! 26 minutes ago
- › 10-15 Minute Cleaning Sessions (New Thread) 31 minutes ago
- › Due Date Roll Call 38 minutes ago
- › Chicken Pox - My son has been excused from school 43 minutes ago
- › Struggling with my C-section 43 minutes ago
- › Introduce Yourself! 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Cravings 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Stephafriendly
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Vaccinations and George W Bush by Brian Leaf
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo