Sara, I'm not very knowledgeable about domestic partnership legalities, so I was wondering if you have a legal claim to Soren or if he is strictly hers by record? Do birth certificates allow for two mothers to be written on them instead of a mother and father, and as such, are you and Sara both listed on Shay's and Soren's birth certificates?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on Yesterday at 8:04 am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 2/3/14
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
September 2013 Chit Chat - Page 161post #3201 of 33849/29/13 at 9:28ampost #3202 of 33849/29/13 at 9:32am
Oh man, Jaimee, that must've been scary when Avery fell! I'm glad he's okay and that the get-together went so well. A Halloween party sounds fun with such a huge group of neighbors! My neighbor is thinking of planning a Halloween party in her basement for 5 of us couples and our children. I really hope she does it. Her basement is a pirate ship and it would be so cool to have a Halloween party down there! The kids would just go crazy over it.post #3203 of 33849/29/13 at 9:35amSara, I'm sorry you're dealing with this. How sad that she's going to that level.
Jaimee, you're reminding me of the block parties we always threw when I was younger. We'd get road blocks that would allow us to actually party in the streets without the fear of traffic. We'd have to get 75% of the street to sign the petition for the road blocks and that was never a problem. Sigh, those were so much fun.
I pumped 5oz this morning. I'm averaging 5oz/day... Times 42 days... I'll have a fantastic jump start for when I go back to work.
Both kids slept until 9:30 this morning. I feel fantastic. I also got to shit, shower, shave, and brush my teeth... AND I'm down to 172!!! 22lbs to go.
Layla's passed out with my nipple in her mouth right now. So cute.post #3204 of 33849/29/13 at 10:01ampost #3205 of 33849/29/13 at 11:12am
Sara - I was also wondering about your kid situation long term. I actually meant to ask a couple days ago and then I forgot. You have no legal rights to Soren, but the boys are still related by their donors right? It sounds like you and your old ex were able to work out visitation for O and A, so HOPEFULLY you guys can figure something like that out here. Of course it would be better if you stayed in the same town and alternated watching the kids. I really hope that happens. What will happen to homeschooling your older kids if she leaves? Boooo to all of this!
We got the bus mostly cleaned up and when my dh pulled it out to take it to the truck-wash we noticed it had a flat. Luckily it was on one of the duelie(sp) tires, so he was able to drive it to the truck mechanic (and woo hoo for us they work on Sundays). He's going to spend the rest of the afternoon cleaning it and taking photos in a nice location. HOPEFULLY it doesn't over-heat and we managed to get that fixed too. If it's all good and running well we should have it up for sale this week. Woot!
We actually got invited to a local birthday party here in town. Not that I want to make friends here, but this woman seems alright and has kids the same age as my younger ones.post #3206 of 33849/29/13 at 11:23amMorning!
Sara, that sounds tough. Hopefully you will figure something out. The almond bars were yummy... Still are. They are made with coconut oil, honey, oats, chocolate chips, almond butter and raisins. Very good. They will probably last a few days since they are quite sweet.
Abra, I am glad the bus is up and running and will be for sale soon. Sending you fast-sell vibes
Jaimee, glad that the pot luck went well! Sounds like fun! Sorry about the fall, that sounded scary...
Nicole, I am glad the kids slept well. Eli has been sleeping till 9:30 too and it is great!
Joanie, I love little moments like you described. There are a few here too and it just melts my heart!
Kali, love the hair! It is a bit longer than mine the colour is great.
Mal, sounds like you were busy, glad it was good though.
I am sorry if I missed anyone
We are invited to a birthday party today too. This couple from across the road moved into our apartment building, the apartment next to ours, temporarily while they added another floor to their house. They have two boys, 1 and 3. Party is today right in Eli's nap time... Torn about whether to go. The mom is really nice and they jut moved here recently from Toronto. Be nice to have some friends for Eli right?
Kirsten, I see via the snaps that you are having the same weather we are. Its been pouring for 2 days now... It's too much and it gets dark so early too... Depressing!post #3207 of 33849/29/13 at 11:27ampost #3208 of 33849/29/13 at 11:33ampost #3209 of 33849/29/13 at 11:35amNicole, they make non-drowsy Benadryl?
Sonja, is the rain supposed to pass soon?
Abra, good luck with the bus! The boys are not related. The older kids are legally mine only. We have a good setup because I behaved and we cooperated. I do remember changing my schedule just so that we could trade them less often, it was so hard to see each other. I keep trying to offer Sara space, but she doesn't want to take it.
Jaimee, yay for the potluck.
Nicole, sleep is good.post #3210 of 33849/29/13 at 11:41ampost #3211 of 33849/29/13 at 11:45ampost #3212 of 33849/29/13 at 11:45ampost #3213 of 33849/29/13 at 11:45amThread Starter
Nicole, I don't think there is a non-drowsy Benadryl... I think that some people are less affected by it than others, though. I know it knocks me out.
Sara, I'm wondering now if she is actually trying to convince you to get back together. If she threatens to leave, maybe you'll beg her to stay. If she starts to date, maybe you'll get jealous and want her back. If you are offering her space and she's refusing to take it, it really makes me wonder what she's trying to do. What if you simply give her space by leaving for a few days yourself?
Abra, what shoes did you find on clearance?post #3214 of 33849/29/13 at 11:46ampost #3215 of 33849/29/13 at 11:57am
Sara - This sounds so hard. I'm SO sorry you're going through this right now. Why Pittsburgh, does she have family there? This is a long shot, but would you be willing to move there too, if she's really serious and needs the family support? I don't know. I wish I could help. This sucks. What would be your ideal arrangement?
Nicole - I laughed at non-drowsy Benadryl... I can't take it because it makes me hyped up and feel super weird. Definitely does NOT knock me out. It makes me feel like my blood itches. I haaaate it.
Joanie - that sounds like such a sweet moment with Sora and your DH!
Jaimee - what an awesome potluck! And sorry about the fall.
Abra - post bus pics here when you can!
Amanda, Ash, hi :) And hi to everyone I missed!
Kali - love your hair!
Mal I chopped my hair too. It was like 4-5 inches below my shoulders.
Here's a pic of the new 'do. Don't mind the sleepy baby:
Cold and windy and rainy here and our heater is broken!post #3216 of 33849/29/13 at 12:01pmpost #3217 of 33849/29/13 at 12:12pmOh Nicole, Benadryl sucks. They gave me some after my csec because I was allergic to something in the epidural and was super itchy but it made me super sleepy on top of being sleep deprived.
Sara, this is common weather... Just not fun. I'd have to walk a couple blocks to get to the community centre where the birthday party is and I just do not feel like walking in the rain.
Katie, like the hair! Cute picture!
I need a new hairstyle....post #3218 of 33849/29/13 at 12:51pmJaimee, yes, that's exactly what she wants.
I can't move. I especially can't move any farther from the other kids' mama. We are already 2 hours apart.
I've offered to just be gone from the house more or keep the boys so she can be. Or just hang out away from the TV. Physical space. I stay out of her room without knocking, hers was our bedroom, now the boys want to nurse in my room only, which upsets her). Close my bedroom and the bathroom door for more obvious separation. I think she's starting to realize why I keep offering space.
Katie, cute hair and creat picture.
Sonja, what's your hair like now?
Ash, have a nice storm.post #3219 of 33849/29/13 at 1:07pmpost #3220 of 33849/29/13 at 1:35pm
Sara, it is a few inches shorter than Kali's hair. I don't want to cut it short because it doesn't suite me, my face is roundish. I prefer to keep it about shoulder length, it is past that though right now. I need to figure out how to cut it soon, it is driving me nuts.
I need to get ready to take Eli for a walk in the rain, to this birthday party that we are invited to... *sigh* it is going to be a disaster because Eli hasn't napped. I am probably only going to stay a short while, then leave...
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Everyone's favorite - and etiquette question. 2 seconds ago
- › BUMPS and Belly Shots!! 2 minutes ago
- › Different types of PCOS??? 8 minutes ago
- › OB vs. Midwife 13 minutes ago
- › Kids, 10+, what's important? Also: getting kids informed 14 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions March 15 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 17 minutes ago
- › Do you think Change is going to come to Canada? 19 minutes ago
- › The Beauty of Life! 22 minutes ago
- › help..when partners disagree on vaxing 22 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo