Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on Today at 9:53 am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: Yesterday
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
September 2013 Chit Chat - Page 36post #701 of 33849/8/13 at 6:25pmpost #702 of 33849/8/13 at 6:28pmThread Starter
I'm sorry Amanda, it's really hard to go against what our kids want and make them sad or mad at us. Ugh. Good for you for sticking to your guns!
Joanie, pee is seriously no big deal at all. It's sterile and if you rinse it pretty well it's not going to smell. Pee on the floor? Just wipe up with a rag/towel. If you want to be more thorough you can wipe with water, water/soap, or vinegar. Pee on your carpet? I mop up with a towel (lay the towel on the wet spot and apply pressure), then spray with Bac Out (it's an enzyme spray) and wipe. You could also sprinkle with baking soda, let it sit a bit and then vacuum up. Pee on an indoor outdoor rug? I would mop up the excess (as above) and then just spray it down with a hose and let it dry in the sun.post #703 of 33849/8/13 at 6:31pmpost #704 of 33849/8/13 at 6:34pm
Kids love to spill things. Coralie is relegated to water or cups that do not leak. She hates cups that don't leak. Also, the tile floors in my mom's house get SUPER slippery when they're wet. Like it's impossible to not slip on even a tiny bit of water. It sucks! Coralie has slipped backwards and hit her head many times, it's scary.post #705 of 33849/8/13 at 6:41pmThread Starterpost #706 of 33849/8/13 at 6:48pm
Okay thanks, you ladies make me feel so much better. I just don't want anything smelling like straight up urine, that's all. The little bit of cat pee issues we had when one had a UTI sent me through the ROOF with paranoia.
In other news, I took Sora out shopping at Target tonight and got her some new shoes, big girl undies, a barbie-looking mermaid bath toy, and a little baby doll ($3, score!). Which one got her the most excited? It's a tough call between the Hello Kitty underwear and the mermaid. I knew big girl underwear would get her excited but didn't realize the extent of it. She was probably thinking, "Yay, now I can fit in with my girls at daycare!" The entire drive home she kept repeating, "Thank you, Mommy! Thank you, Mommy!" Now she just fell asleep in her crib with a smile on her face (literally) with her mermaid and baby doll hugged tight in her arms. I don't take her out for new stuff very often, so her excitement and gratitude melted my heart for real.post #707 of 33849/8/13 at 6:53pmpost #708 of 33849/8/13 at 6:57pm
Jaimee, I suppose it depends on the type of paint. Washable type paints might come out with stain remover and washing. Otherwise it will likely have to go to a drycleaner. That sucks! I swear, no matter how hard I try to put things up, Coralie still manages to find something she's not supposed to have. Older kids are good for that one. Yesterday I told Cyan that if he's using markers he can't leave them for even a moment and that he even has to bring them to the bathroom with him. He laughed, but I was like, 'no, I'm dead serious'!
Cute Joanie, I'm glad she likes her new stuff. Maybe new undies is all it will take to motivate her.post #709 of 33849/8/13 at 7:01pmpost #710 of 33849/8/13 at 7:09pmQuote:
Joanie, you might want to stop having kids now, because Sora seems like a sweet angel. There's no chance that you'll get that twice. Ha ha ha. That, or you'll totally chill out and things won't be as big of a deal. By the third you're just glad that they're alive and fed, heh.post #711 of 33849/8/13 at 7:15pm
Btw, Abra, I shared your similar "mommy sainthood" with my friend at the zoo today. She was very overwhelmed by her toddler's normal toddler-ish maintenance there, and she kept remarking about how calm I was with Sora's tantrums and the like. I told her how you came with your three kids with me one time and you were calm as a cucumber. She went, "OH MY GOD....."post #712 of 33849/8/13 at 7:26pm
Awe, thanks Joanie. I think a lot of it has to do with understand what's normal and not. Most people are so disconnected from young kids, that by the time they have their own they have no idea what's right or wrong. Don't get me wrong though, I'm still totally exhausted by the end of day, and it's especially hard when someone is constantly getting hurt and crying. I just happen to be a pretty calm person. People have commented to me several times though that it's a good thing that Coralie is my third kid, because she's a handful and might have prevented me from having more. ha ha.
Oh, and I think that you'll be able to handle 2 kids just fine. It's amazing what people can do and learn when they're in the situation. Most people are capable of a lot more than they think, plus the experience of #1 helps A LOT. :)post #713 of 33849/8/13 at 7:42pmpost #714 of 33849/8/13 at 7:58pmpost #715 of 33849/8/13 at 8:02pmpost #716 of 33849/8/13 at 8:05pmpost #717 of 33849/8/13 at 8:08pmpost #718 of 33849/8/13 at 8:10pmpost #719 of 33849/8/13 at 8:11pmJoanie, please don't be offended by the fact that I am cracking up at the pee freak-out. Fwiw, cat pee is so much worse than human pee when it comes to that god awful smell that never goes away. Just clean it up and it should be fine. Shouldn't come back to haunt you later. I know how bad the cat pee situation is. We had one of ours get seriously pissed off at us when we got a second cat and she started pissing everywhere to assert herself or something. She got over it, but the piss haunted us forever. Yuck.
Amanda, I love that you keep things real around here. "Squint when necessary" lol!
I'm missing some personals, but I'm a couple hard ciders in (*gasp* on a sunday night!) and lost track. DH is hitting nervous breakdown mode because he has been on his own at home with the kids and we just moved into the house and still have crap to move and money is tight and my mom stuff, etc, etc. I feel for him, but I gently reminded him of this time last year when he was working mandatory overtime at work practically around the clock for 2-3 months and I was completely on my own with all the kid, home and work stuff. It wasn't easy.
Oh, and Joanie, you probably didn't miss anything. I've been vague-booking because I'm a mess. But today was a good day. I had good conversations with DH. I saw my mom and she was having a good day.
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › What is your word for nursing? 1 minute ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 1 minute ago
- › Welcome! Come introduce yourself! 7 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- The Beaver Moon 10 minutes ago
- › Barefoot Running 12 minutes ago
- › Recommend a first-time birth plan? 15 minutes ago
- › Any other Barefooters out there? 15 minutes ago
- › Who is the 'single parenting' moderator? 16 minutes ago
- › Any other Barefooters out there? 19 minutes ago
- › Exercise thread (not just for athletes!) 22 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo