Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on Today at 7:00 am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 12/4/13
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
September 2013 Chit Chat - Page 37post #721 of 33849/8/13 at 8:15pmpost #722 of 33849/8/13 at 8:26pmThread Starter
Yeah, I googled it... the dress is made out of polyester (satin like) and says dry clean only. Most sites said to use rubbing alcohol, which I had already tried. One said to use paint thinner. It's lighter than it first was, but dark blue poster paint on lilac is pretty obvious. Sigh...
Mal, glad you're feeling pretty good today!
Love the conversation about decorating your back yard with crap you throw out there to deal with later.
And Joanie, we all have different thresholds and odd hang ups, but I think you'll find that a second child helps you let go of some of that. You just have to in order to survive. And Mal's right, cat pee is way worse than Sora pee!post #723 of 33849/8/13 at 8:35pmpost #724 of 33849/8/13 at 8:42pmpost #725 of 33849/8/13 at 8:48pmpost #726 of 33849/8/13 at 8:50pmpost #727 of 33849/8/13 at 8:52pmpost #728 of 33849/8/13 at 9:06pm
I've been known to walk excessive amounts when trying to get a baby out. When I was in labor with Olivine, I walked around the block (it was a large block) about 10 times. I'm positive that it helped me. :) Come out Layla!!! Nicole, my real advice is to get a good nights sleep though. When I went into labor with Cyan at 11pm, I got excited and stayed up all night. Needless to say it was a bad idea because he wasn't born until 27 hours later. With Olivine I went to bed as soon as labor started, ha.
Amanda, I think you should take the mattress to Sara's. It would make the best story ever...
Joanie, It is true, toddler pee is nothing remotely like cat pee. It should clean up easily and be gone.
Did I mention that starting a bedtime routine with Coralie was the BEST decision that I've EVER made??! Like some sort of freaking miracle she's going to bed nicely on her own by 8:45. Tonight I asked her if she was ready for bed, she said uh huh, we nursed and then she cuddled down into her bed and fell asleep on her own. I'm in night-time parenting heaven! Now.. I had better stop ignoring my dh who is waiting for me and go give him some attention! Good night all!post #729 of 33849/8/13 at 9:10pmI live in a very quiet neighborhood. I doubt anyone saw me. If they did, I gave them a good show. =)
I'm going to bed soon... Gotta watch Dexter first. I walked while DH was downloading it.
And I'm also really tired of the lightning bolts shooting through my vagina. Those happen more than the BH do. And they hurt, like, take my breath away.post #730 of 33849/8/13 at 9:38pmOhh only a few episodes of Dexter left! Can't wait to see how it ends.
How you feeling Nicole? I'm rooting for you.
We just got the pics from the professional photographer who was on our rafting trip and I got this awesome pic of my son:
He is not big on having his picture taken (age i assume) and I almost never get good pictures of him. It made my day.post #731 of 33849/8/13 at 10:28pmpost #732 of 33849/9/13 at 3:25ampost #733 of 33849/9/13 at 7:41am
Ash, Nice pic, I'm glad you were all able to get out and have some fun. I used to live in Bend (right next to Sunriver) when I was a kid. We used to play by the Deschutes river almost daily. My 9yo ds loves to get his picture taken, so it may be partly personality. Cyan was born a photo ham, like from early toddlerhood he would stop and pose and he still does that now. Olivine could really care less about getting her picture taken and usually wanders off mid photo. I suspect that she will be like your ds.
Sara, I don't care about nightweaning as much as an earlier bedtime. It might be different if I was nursing 2 at night though! Coralie wakes 1-3 times, which is generally because she needs to pee, but she likes to nurse for a moment then too. I suspect that she will be fairly easy to night-wean, but I'm not going to try just yet. I'm just happy that she's sleeping more, it's got to be better for her and me!
In our house it's my DH that can't watch psychologically violent shows, especially shows where you're supposed to like the 'bad' guy. We tried to watch Dexter, but only made it to the 3rd episode before he didn't want to watch anymore. He also only made to to about the 4th episode of Breaking Bad before he stopped that too. I did continue to watch Breaking Bad without him (mostly when he was in South America in June. I'm halfway through the third season, so I have a bit left to go. It's hard to get enough time by myself to watch it though, as George and I usually watch something together at night. We are currently finishing up Fringe, which we're both been pretty happy with. Last year we watch Battlestar Galactica, which is amazing!
Nicole, Random pregnancy pains sucks. I feel for you!post #734 of 33849/9/13 at 7:55ampost #735 of 33849/9/13 at 8:04ampost #736 of 33849/9/13 at 8:11ampost #737 of 33849/9/13 at 8:22ampost #738 of 33849/9/13 at 8:27ampost #739 of 33849/9/13 at 8:30am
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Losing too much weight on SCD/paleo 28 minutes ago
- › Allergic reaction help/ insight 30 minutes ago
- › Behaviour Help for HFA 3 yo 39 minutes ago
- › turning playdate into a visit 41 minutes ago
- › Post-partum check in here! 44 minutes ago
- › Is anyone still testing? 44 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy Symptoms 49 minutes ago
- › Please help! Oppositional defiance disorder and homeschooling 51 minutes ago
- › July's Jubilantly Jovial DDC Roster 52 minutes ago
- › SIL wont let my kids see her newborn 53 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by dangill
- › The Night Before Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › The Snow Queen by Melanie Mayo
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › The Snowy Day by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Monica S
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo