So sorry to hear this Lilac!
Popular Group Discussions
December chat thread! 64 posts | Last post on Today at 10:00 pm
Related Forum Threads
- In Labor or Warming Up for Labor Last post on 9/14/13 at 7:16am in August 2013 Due Date Club
- Belly shots Last post on 9/1/13 at 7:37pm in August 2013 Due Date Club
- Roster September 2013 Last post on 8/6/13 at 12:24pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- January 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 2/3/13 at 9:33pm in November 2011 Due Date Club
- 3rd trimester symptoms Last post on 1/19/13 at 1:07pm in February 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: Yesterday
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and PregnancyLast edited: 11/25/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
- Remembering Pregnancy LossLast edited: 10/14/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
September Chat Thread - Page 6post #101 of 1059/30/13 at 12:23ampost #102 of 1059/30/13 at 3:04am
As I read about gestational diabetes and look at the number of carbs in the foods I commonly eat as a vegetarian, I wonder what my blood sugar measures will be 2 hours after I eat a meal. I figure sometime today the doctor's office will call me to discuss when I will come in to "learn how to manage my gestational diabetes". I know I want to do the best for my babies.post #103 of 1059/30/13 at 3:46pm
(((Hugs))), Lilac. From what I read about GD, the trigger foods are different for everyone. For some folks, french fries and pizza are fine, but lima beans make their sugar levels sky-rocket. Hopefully, with self-monitoring you will be able to control the GD pretty easily.
As for wanting to avoid a cesarean birth for your twins, I also recommend checking out your local ICAN to see if they have an online forum. The ICAN forum was essential in my recovery from my cesarean and preparing for this VBAC. I personally wish I knew about ICAN before DS was born. I personally believe mothers have to actively educate themselves, make hard decisions about their care provider (even in the final weeks), and advocate for themselves before and during birth to prevent cesareans from happening. (Or surround themselves with educated advocates to help them during labor.)
This is just me but I personally believe knowing your OB's stance on cesareans, inductions, etc. is essential. I also recommend knowing your local hospital's policies. You can then make an informed decision about how they correspond to your personal comfort levels with their standard of care. (I say this knowing that every mother is unique and everyone has different comfort levels with different interventions. I just know that I was blind-sided by some of the hospital policies that left me feeling very much out-of-control. If I knew about the policies, I would have felt more prepared and more in control.)
Michelle, I hope you are feeling better!
I check this forum mainly from my phone, which has the lousiest of mobile browsers....so I can't reply, and I get real behind on the discussion. So my apologies if I forgot anyone!
As for me, I went to my first visit with the midwifery practice I will be seeing. We drove 2.5 hrs to then have to wait 1.5 hrs before we could even see a midwife!?! My poor DS tried so hard to be patient and good, but yikes! I had heard they had long waits, but geesh! I was thinking 45 mins. max.
For a minute there, I was in a real place of despair, feeling my dreams of a VBAC slipping away. Fortunately, DH and I stuck it out, and we still feel good about our decision to transfer care. For us, it is all about the options during birth & the lack of interventions. I confirmed that I should not be expecting any more ultrasounds and no cervical checks from here on out, unless there seems to be a problem. That makes me happy.
I also met the doula that DS and DH selected for our family, and she is an awesome fit. YAY!
Last night in bed, I experienced my first pains from the stretching of my c/s scar...or at least, that is what I assume it was based on location and sensation of the pain. I have read that it is normal, and so I have resolved myself not to worry.
Today someone said it looks like I dropped. I had been thinking that, too, for the past couple days. I have less belly up near my ribs now.
Oh, I felt one of my baby's hand tickling inside my hip bone for the first time last night. It was funny b/c she was also kicking me up high. She is an active little thing right now. Earlier today at work, while typing at my desk, I had leaned over the desk...and she used a foot to push me away from the desk. Ouch! She pinched my skin and muscle between the desk and her foot. Active little thing!post #104 of 1059/30/13 at 8:04pmThread Starterpost #105 of 10510/2/13 at 3:40am
Earthwalker, Ah, that is pretty funny that your little one pushed you away from your desk. I know when I lean over I get a similar reminder from my boys.
AFM, got a call from maternal fetal medicine office yesterday. My "diabetic training" is on Monday, Oct. 7 with a follow up on Oct. 18. The training takes 2 hours. I hope it proves useful. Seems a bit intense of a meeting to learn how to count carbs and take blood sugars.
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and Pregnancy
- › Prenatals making me constipated? 18 seconds ago
- › Toys and games 1 minute ago
- › Christmas gift ideas for ourselves? 4 minutes ago
- › Stocking Stuffers! 5 minutes ago
- › Sippy Cup help 7 minutes ago
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 15 minutes ago
- › Looking for info 15 minutes ago
- › What were you fed? 18 minutes ago
- › Roll Call and Due Date Thread 22 minutes ago
- › December chat thread! 23 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo