Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on Yesterday at 8:04 am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 2/3/14
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
Weekly chat September 2-8 - Page 3post #41 of 1089/5/13 at 10:28pmpost #42 of 1089/6/13 at 12:17amQuote:
Just checking in and saw this! Wow so many mamas are gonna be early on this DDC! I know your EDD is end of Sept. too!post #43 of 1089/6/13 at 1:32ampost #44 of 1089/6/13 at 1:58ampost #45 of 1089/6/13 at 2:39ampost #46 of 1089/6/13 at 2:43ampost #47 of 1089/6/13 at 2:53amOoohh aidenn something could happening.
I went to the hospital today for pre op stuff before the section on tues. I just found out I can only have 1 person on the ward with me. Kinda messes up my plans. My DB is a bit squeamish and my mum was gonna b there too as back up if he just can't come in with me, now that's out the window. I'm just hoping he don't faint and I'm on my own😳post #48 of 1089/6/13 at 3:21amThread Starterpost #49 of 1089/6/13 at 6:13ampost #50 of 1089/6/13 at 6:28ampost #51 of 1089/6/13 at 7:01ampost #52 of 1089/6/13 at 7:10ampost #53 of 1089/6/13 at 8:05ampost #54 of 1089/6/13 at 8:28ampost #55 of 1089/6/13 at 8:53ampost #56 of 1089/6/13 at 9:30ampost #57 of 1089/6/13 at 9:32amSerena, I'm sorry you're limited to one! Tough choice. Does your DB want to be there?
Aidenn, so exciting!!
I went to the OB on Wednesday for my 36 week checkup, and she said he's really low- completely engaged. No wonder I'm starting to waddle, I've got a head in my pelvis! My bladder is shot, too. She had me do another nst and an ultrasound for a biophysical profile, because of his decreased movement. Everything looked great.
I'm 36 1/2 wks now, and the tail ender for this group! You guys will be sick of labor stories by the time mine comes around, lol.post #58 of 1089/6/13 at 12:13pm
So exciting, aidenn - good luck!
Serena - that sucks! Could you at least get someone to come stay with you if they had to whisk baby away and your support person went with baby?
lilmamita - calm down you seem to be having a lot of pre-labor activity (at least compared to myself, and I'm pretty sure about my dates), which is pretty great; I'm sure you don't have that much longer to go. Does your DH and your family know how stressed you are about the timing of everything (birth, passport, DH needing to leave, etc)? I know they can't do anything to change the facts, but sometimes it helps to just talk and be frustrated and pissed off about it.
AFM - got a pretty bad cold a couple of days ago, so great timing on that. Feel like crap, super congested, and my throat is killing me (with white spots - but I'm not comfortable with a 5-7 day antibiotic course this close to labor). So even though I'm officially still working, had to take yesterday and today off as sick days. No news on the baby front, other than baby seems to be putting more pressure on my bladder today than usual, but still no bowling ball feeling or anything major.post #59 of 1089/6/13 at 12:20pm
same BS, different day. i just received an "off the record" call from my employer. all along they've been telling me they offer maternity leave, i've been talking about it with my manager at least since i informed him about my pregnancy. now, 1 1/2 months into my maternity leave, i just received a letter from them stating they do not offer maternity leave! instead they're swinging over to calling it some BS disability leave, and now they are claiming that if i wish to bond with my newborn then that will not be covered.
of course it's my asshole manager pulling the strings in the background, but he's making the poor HR lady sort it out with me. they require me to see my OB every 30 days postpartum (who does that?) to obtain a note that i'm "still disabled", although it would be obviously a lie. and even then they will hold the job only for 30 more days every time. i don't even know if my doctor will agree to issuing these notes, as it sounds to me completely unkosher and possibly illegal for them to issue false disability notes.
i am contemplating getting this looked into by a lawyer ($$$$ ?), or waiting till DF can enroll me on his health insurance Oct 1. i'm currently covered through Oct 5. i'm not getting paid anyway, all they do is cover my health insurance. if i go with the latter, i might write them a letter stating their dishonesty and that them going back on their word and terms has made it impossible for me to accommodate their requests, and that considering their dishonesty, i no longer wish to be associated with their organization.post #60 of 1089/6/13 at 12:23pm
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Home use fetal heart doppler 2 minutes ago
- › Is it legal for my landlord to.... 4 minutes ago
- › I think I finally have a decent chance at tandem nursing! Took me... 36 minutes ago
- › March Chat 42 minutes ago
- › Minecraft homeschool 45 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy Photo Contest Sponsored by Sacred Pregnancy, Nordic... 49 minutes ago
- › The Do's and Don'ts 51 minutes ago
- › Returning. 53 minutes ago
- › Please read 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Please read 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher