Leigh - I hope you're feeling better soon! That is so miserable. Any other symptoms?
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on Today at 12:35 am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 12/4/13
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
~Weekly Chat Thread Sep 3nd-8th~ - Page 4post #62 of 729/10/13 at 4:44pm
Ack, I don't know. I feel like I am not doing anything but sighing and saying a lot of, "What are you DOING????" But when I have my wits about me I try and just call him to me and ask if I can hold him for a while. He usually comes over and will let me squeeze him once or twice and I tell him I love him, so much, unconditionally. Then I ask him what I need to do to help him remember that... insert hellacious behavior here... is not acceptable. We have about a 30sec brainstorm (would it just be easier to remember not to wipe dirty hands all over everything if we always washed our hands before leaving the kitchen, or if you had a washcloth where you could reach it and be in charge of cleaning your own hands?) and come up with a plan. We implement plan, and follow it until it doesn't work... which is sometimes right away, sometimes in a week, sometimes an hour or two. Then I try not to freak out when he does whatever again, or something else that is aggravating.post #63 of 729/10/13 at 5:05pmMy 5 year old has actually been incredibly patient - to say it is usually not his strong suit would be a gross understatement. He sounds a lot like your son, EA. I think having started 5K last week was a good thing, they talk a lot about "filling people's buckets" to encourage respect and good behavior, so now we have a really good code word that we use when he is being helpful and because the whole concept came from someone other than me, he thinks it's the best thing ever. Lol...post #64 of 729/11/13 at 6:58amUgh. Very frustrating day on the packing front yesterday. Julian let me make chili and pie in the morning, which I made because we had family coming for lunch. Mind you, we don't really have time for any of that. Then she canceled an hour before! She wants to come on Saturday, which we have even less time for :/ So anyway, he was a total wretch for the rest of the day and I got nothing that I actually needed to do done. very frustrating.post #65 of 729/11/13 at 8:21amBanana: I am enraged on your behalf! This is horrible behaviour on your family's part! Don't they know they should be bringing lunch to you!?!????
We had mixed day yesterday. Easy afternoon; took baby to movies. I nursed him through previews, and he napped for the whole film. But everything fell apart in the evening. Baby wanted to eat during our dinner, and cloth diaper service came to set us up w CD. I think there was about 5 hrs of nursing/feral crying/ tricking us into thinking he was asleep. baby seems to cry much more w cloth diapers than w disposable. Also, got ok from dr to drive on the 15th, which means my mother can leave as scheduled! DH will be thrilled! I however will miss being able to hand tetchy baby over and nap.post #66 of 729/11/13 at 12:21pmThread Starter
Husband came home and rescued me and after lying very very still and taking some Tylenol I finally got back to regular just cold sick. Catherine was a dream and slept beside me all afternoon then just wanted to nurse, snuggle and nap.
Of course the bigs and daddy were up sick at night and I had to get up with a whining Monkey to find him drugs since he has been snorking snot in instead of blowing his nose and surprise, he has sinus pain in his ears. Bee was better, just climbing into my bed and needing help pulling her night underwear off at 4 am to go potty.
So I am taking a quiet day today, though I did manage to get the boy to and from school in the terrible heat. So thankful someone from Church is bring dinner.post #67 of 729/11/13 at 12:42pmCardigan- yes, they should! This particular relative is elderly and not in great health. So she gets a pass. The calling an hour before thing was the most irritating part. If you're not feeling well enough, that's fine, but if I had gotten that call in the morning I would have made better use of my time!
The first month is tough. It's like that, there are some rough days. No one talks about that stuff when you're pregnant. I remember being in shock about how hard it was with my first and wondering why, in all the advice I got, no one warned me.
Leigh- that sounds like a rough couple days. I'm glad you're starting to feel better.post #68 of 729/11/13 at 6:01pmI'm SO bad at remembering to check for the new threads.post #69 of 729/11/13 at 7:31pmThread Starterpost #70 of 729/11/13 at 7:34pm
Haven't posted in awhile as I have been holding a newborn or dealing with a 3 and 6 yo but I have been following along and thinking of all of you. All of us I think are in survival mode and I agree that it is nice to be reminded that that is totally normal. My house is a mess, I am behind on laundry and have barely been cooking at all. Thankfully we have had some people from church bring us meals but our diet has not been as healthy as it usually is. You have to wonder how on earth pioneer women did this in the days before takeout and prepared food! Thankfully Nat has been a pretty easy baby so far. She seems to get most fussy when she is fighting sleep, then tries to nurse to sleep and gets all mad when my milk starts flowing. My middle DD is another story but she is also slowly adjusting. I just sometimes feel like such a mean mom with her when I am constantly telling her "No!" , "Stop that!" , "Why did you DO that?!". I try to be as positive as I can when her behavior is better but she really manages to get on my last nerve.
Physically I am doing ok, but I am a bit depressed. I always have a bit of trouble with that around this time post-partum but it still sucks. I am really really missing the place we moved from last year and all our friends and church there. We have been really blessed where we are now but I will always miss that place. So I think post-partum blues are really making that worse right now. I am hoping I get out of my funk soon. I think we have all been cooped up to since you just don't get out of the house as much with a newborn so boredom doesn't help. DH is trying to plan on something nice for us to do when he gets a few days off next week which I hope helps. Just having him around would be nice, he has been working for 9 days straight with 3 more to go. But really I can't complain, most of you have way more going on than I do!
I hope everyone works through their nursing struggles soon and that we all survive this newborn period! LeighPF I hope you feel better ASAP and that no one else gets sick. Being a sick mom sucks. I can handle everyone else being sick and taking care of them, but once I go down our whole household goes to hell in a handbasket!post #71 of 729/11/13 at 10:40pm
Aaaaaaaannnnnndddd my back went out. Really? Finally my vagina feels like a vagina again (which on the whole makes me feel like a real person), but now I am a limping, gimping, hunchback. Thank goodness for parents! Surely that wasn't me recently bemoaning the 'help' they afford, 'cause I couldn't make it without them right now. Oh yeah, and DH left this morning for a work trip. When it rains... huh?
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Spring/Summer 2013 Pregnant Bajingos - Having #1 in our 30s 4 minutes ago
- › Generic progesterone vs. Prometrium 8 minutes ago
- › Generic progesterone vs. Prometrium 9 minutes ago
- › Generic progesterone vs. Prometrium 10 minutes ago
- › New MTV show "Generation Cryo" 10 minutes ago
- › We're done and I am in mourning. 11 minutes ago
- › baby and public places/strangers/personal space 20 minutes ago
- › Nursing Moms 20 minutes ago
- › abx for wisdom teeth extraction? 23 minutes ago
- › Names yet? 23 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Brian Leaf
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo