DH and I decided when our DS was born that we would delay vaxes until he was around 5 to make sure he did not have developmental delays. He has two older half-brothers with Aspergers and though I know vaccines don't cause autism, I do feel they play a part in the overall development of symptoms among other things. We'll leave it there.
Our DS is about to turn 5 and he shows no signs of autism. He still has a full year before K and we may even homeschool till age 7 when he can start at our Montessori charter, so I don't feel rushed in the slightest...just not sure where to begin. I have review the CDC catch-up schedule but I might not want to go that fast. A lot of the intervals are 4 weeks. I am wanting more like 6 months. I will talk to our doctor who is approachable on the subject but I wonder if anyone has any BTDT advice?
ETA My secondary concern beyond autism was autoimmune issues. His gma had ms, and we have wicked allergies and asthma in our family. DS has no asthma, he does have some mild seasonal allergies, and he still has trouble with dairy, starting to fade more as he gets older. Overwhelming his immune system is still a concern, though a lot less so for us now that he is 5.