Could someone please help me with a link from a reliable source about very low effectiveness of seasonal flu vaccine? I remember seeing this link stating that 90+% of all flu like illnesses are caused by other strains than those in vaccine. but now when I really need this link I cannot find it. Help me please!
- topicVaccinationstagged by mightymama1976, 9/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Autism Daily Newscast author is clueless about vaccine ingredients Last post on Today at 4:19 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Vaccines Are Not Money Makers Last post on Today at 11:09 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Would a Major Epidemic in the Vaccinated Population Change Society? Last post on Today at 11:20 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Cross Siberia off your to-go list for vacations spots Last post on Today at 11:10 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Cross Siberia off your to-go list for vacations spots Last post on Yesterday at 10:22 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
My Vaccine Info
Last edited: 3/4/13
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?Last edited: 12/26/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesLast edited: 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsLast edited: 3/14/13
- In Britain 12-Year-Olds Vaccinated Without Parental ConsentLast edited: 3/8/13
Link help, please re: ineffectiveness of flu vaccinepost #2 of 39/8/13 at 9:12pm
That is one summary of thier findings on Flu vaccines: You can search their website for more.
Cochrane reviews are a gold standard for doctors so it is a good source.
Also, the authors attempted to find and investigate every study that has evaluated the effects of flu vaccines in healthy adults aged 18-65. To this end, they “searched Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) (The Cochrane Library, 2010, issue 2), MEDLINE (January 1966 to June 2010) and EMBASE (1990 to June 2010).”
They included 50 reports. Forty of them were clinical trials adding up to over 70,000 people. Two reported only on harmful effects and were not included in this study. Studies of all types of influenza vaccines were included: live, attenuated, and killed—or fractions of killed—vaccines.
"The results of this review seem to discourage the utilisation of vaccination against influenza in healthy adults as a routine public health measure. As healthy adults have a low risk of complications due to respiratory disease, the use of the vaccine may be only advised as an individual protection measure against symptoms in specific cases."
***They found no evidence that vaccination prevents viral transmission in healthy adults! (There goes the whole herd immunity argument!) This is particularly significant because, as they noted, inactivated vaccines are known to perform best in healthy adults.
***They also found no evidence that flu vaccines prevent complications, either. They attempted to ascertain the degree of complications, and though they did report on some, most of the studies simply did not address the issue or did so inadequately.
***Vaccines administered parenterally, that is, outside the digestive tract—which generally means by injection—reduced influenza-like symptoms by only 12%.
"Those who are afraid retreat.
Those who are brave grow greater.
Never fear, always grow."
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
- › Silly things you've been told about breastfeeding? 7 seconds ago
- › Chinese Study: 42 Percent of Drug Reactions Are Vaccine Related 3 minutes ago
- › how long does water kefir keep in the fridge? 7 minutes ago
- › Did your p/g symptoms reduce with subsequent pregnancies? 9 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 9 minutes ago
- › Heartbroken & whole other host of emotions 13 minutes ago
- › Hello everyone. Newbie here in need of advice 15 minutes ago
- › Autism Daily Newscast author is clueless about vaccine ingredients 17 minutes ago
- › Colorado Vaccine Exemption Legistlation 21 minutes ago
- › Uh..oh. I though feta cheese was ok :( 30 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo