Could someone please help me with a link from a reliable source about very low effectiveness of seasonal flu vaccine? I remember seeing this link stating that 90+% of all flu like illnesses are caused by other strains than those in vaccine. but now when I really need this link I cannot find it. Help me please!
- topicVaccinationstagged by mightymama1976, 9/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pictures Used to Warn Parents Last post on Today at 2:25 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- More Ontario mandatory vaxxes Last post on Today at 5:24 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Your Child is Vaccine Injured– Just Like Mine Last post on Yesterday at 5:46 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Those Pesky "Anti-Vax" Experts Last post on Today at 12:14 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Sometimes I get so appalled with society Last post on Yesterday at 6:47 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
My Vaccine Info
Last edited: 3/4/13
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?Last edited: 12/26/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesLast edited: 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsLast edited: 3/14/13
- In Britain 12-Year-Olds Vaccinated Without Parental ConsentLast edited: 3/8/13
Link help, please re: ineffectiveness of flu vaccinepost #2 of 39/8/13 at 9:12pm
That is one summary of thier findings on Flu vaccines: You can search their website for more.
Cochrane reviews are a gold standard for doctors so it is a good source.
Also, the authors attempted to find and investigate every study that has evaluated the effects of flu vaccines in healthy adults aged 18-65. To this end, they “searched Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) (The Cochrane Library, 2010, issue 2), MEDLINE (January 1966 to June 2010) and EMBASE (1990 to June 2010).”
They included 50 reports. Forty of them were clinical trials adding up to over 70,000 people. Two reported only on harmful effects and were not included in this study. Studies of all types of influenza vaccines were included: live, attenuated, and killed—or fractions of killed—vaccines.
"The results of this review seem to discourage the utilisation of vaccination against influenza in healthy adults as a routine public health measure. As healthy adults have a low risk of complications due to respiratory disease, the use of the vaccine may be only advised as an individual protection measure against symptoms in specific cases."
***They found no evidence that vaccination prevents viral transmission in healthy adults! (There goes the whole herd immunity argument!) This is particularly significant because, as they noted, inactivated vaccines are known to perform best in healthy adults.
***They also found no evidence that flu vaccines prevent complications, either. They attempted to ascertain the degree of complications, and though they did report on some, most of the studies simply did not address the issue or did so inadequately.
***Vaccines administered parenterally, that is, outside the digestive tract—which generally means by injection—reduced influenza-like symptoms by only 12%.
"Those who are afraid retreat.
Those who are brave grow greater.
Never fear, always grow."
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
- › Word Association Conga Line 45 seconds ago
- › 1st Baby - A Whole New World 1 minute ago
- › Baby NAMES!!! 1 minute ago
- › Angela Gonzalez 3 minutes ago
- › 2nd hand dipes & what about those ones you fold and pin? 3 minutes ago
- › Anyone with an ex complaining about child support? 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures Used to Warn Parents 3 minutes ago
- › weight gain and weeks pregnant 10 minutes ago
- › Due Date Roll Call! 12 minutes ago
- › Is anyone else having spotting? 14 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool
- › Mayim Bialik Opens Up About Her Breastfeeding... by Melanie Mayo