Related Forum Threads
- You Have Options! Oak Meadow November 2013 Giveaway! Last post on Today at 12:46 pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- multiplication tables? How to teach... Last post on 11/21/13 at 7:50pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Something like facebook/pinterest for younger kids? Any ideas? Last post on 10/19/13 at 6:31am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Any spelling games you can recommend? Last post on 11/4/13 at 7:30am in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Free, online math site for primary grades Last post on 10/25/13 at 8:35am in Learning at Home and Beyond
Our Child's Education: Our Decision To Make, Not Yours
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Sustainable Style for Back to School: The Ultimate Guide to Green...Last edited: 8/13/13
- Pens, Pencils and Highlighters Oh My! 6 Eco Options for Back to SchoolLast edited: 8/6/13
- Sustainable, Stylish Notebooks and Binders for Back to SchoolLast edited: 8/6/13
- 6 Uniquely Green Items to Add to Your Back to School ListLast edited: 8/6/13
Why did you choose to homeschool?post #1 of 69/10/13 at 11:12amThread Starterpost #2 of 69/10/13 at 12:30pmMy son really hates being separated from family, and is a very active learner. He has insisted on homeschooling since the topics began to come up around age two.
He's never been to daycare, preschool, or any classes where his little sis and I couldn't stay. Neither has his little sis.
He is 5, by the way. DD is 2. Since DS has exhibited an ability to read, write and do math well above grade level, it seems forcing him into kindergarten would be quite a disservice.
It took awhile to get DH on board with homeschooling, but he's now fully supportive, even of unschooling.post #3 of 69/11/13 at 1:56ampost #4 of 69/11/13 at 8:47am
There have been several threads very recently on this same line. I guess everyone's thing about it!
Posted in this August thread. I'll quote it in a sec. My editor isn't liking my clever shortcuts today.Quote:
Freedom-- freedom from some things, freedom to do others, freedom of time, all kinds of freedom.
I had all other kinds of reasons to want to start, but what makes me happy and keeps us going is just this.post #5 of 69/11/13 at 9:59ampost #6 of 69/16/13 at 7:00pm
My DS (who isn ow 5) was having too many issues at daycare. They had us so stressed out with having a very active little one that they almost convinced us something was wrong with him. After telling them to go 'screw themselves' (sorry!) Hubby and I enrolled him in a home schooling Christian based program that my aunt suggested. It was absolutely the best decision we ever made. He is THRIVING and I wouldn't have it any other way.
there are about 7 kids in the program and the teacher was a math major plus she also tutors all the way to college. My kid is so far ahead of where the kindergarteners are in public school and I couldn't be prouder. We are seriously considering leaving him in her program for 1st grade as well.
- Sustainable Style for Back to School: The Ultimate Guide to Green...
- › Looking for a non-vax friendly pediatrician in the Rochester,... 24 seconds ago
- › would you change your kid's name? 6 minutes ago
- › Morning Sickness at Work 6 minutes ago
- › Rhythm with a 5 month old -- is it possible? 26 minutes ago
- › nightweaning leads to increased day demands? 28 minutes ago
- › December chat - those still hanging around! 28 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions December 28 minutes ago
- › What non-dairy milk options are suitable for a toddler? 32 minutes ago
- › bi-polar ii w rapid cycling wanting to pregnant 35 minutes ago
- › I have a little girl! 39 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Stephafriendly
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Vaccinations and George W Bush by Brian Leaf
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013! by Melanie Mayo
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo