Related Forum Threads
- Minecraft homeschool Last post on 3/13/14 at 10:24pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- 2014 Homeschool Conventions Last post on 2/25/14 at 9:19pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- What is on your "short list" right now? Last post on 2/11/14 at 11:32pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- Favourite Curriculum Last post on 2/13/14 at 8:38pm in Learning at Home and Beyond
- What curriculum would you use if... Last post on 2/10/14 at 8:27am in Learning at Home and Beyond
Our Child's Education: Our Decision To Make, Not Yours
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Sustainable Style for Back to School: The Ultimate Guide to Green...Last edited: 8/13/13
- Pens, Pencils and Highlighters Oh My! 6 Eco Options for Back to SchoolLast edited: 8/6/13
- Sustainable, Stylish Notebooks and Binders for Back to SchoolLast edited: 8/6/13
- 6 Uniquely Green Items to Add to Your Back to School ListLast edited: 8/6/13
Why did you choose to homeschool?post #1 of 69/10/13 at 11:12amThread Starterpost #2 of 69/10/13 at 12:30pmMy son really hates being separated from family, and is a very active learner. He has insisted on homeschooling since the topics began to come up around age two.
He's never been to daycare, preschool, or any classes where his little sis and I couldn't stay. Neither has his little sis.
He is 5, by the way. DD is 2. Since DS has exhibited an ability to read, write and do math well above grade level, it seems forcing him into kindergarten would be quite a disservice.
It took awhile to get DH on board with homeschooling, but he's now fully supportive, even of unschooling.post #3 of 69/11/13 at 1:56ampost #4 of 69/11/13 at 8:47am
There have been several threads very recently on this same line. I guess everyone's thing about it!
Posted in this August thread. I'll quote it in a sec. My editor isn't liking my clever shortcuts today.Quote:
Freedom-- freedom from some things, freedom to do others, freedom of time, all kinds of freedom.
I had all other kinds of reasons to want to start, but what makes me happy and keeps us going is just this.post #5 of 69/11/13 at 9:59ampost #6 of 69/16/13 at 7:00pm
My DS (who isn ow 5) was having too many issues at daycare. They had us so stressed out with having a very active little one that they almost convinced us something was wrong with him. After telling them to go 'screw themselves' (sorry!) Hubby and I enrolled him in a home schooling Christian based program that my aunt suggested. It was absolutely the best decision we ever made. He is THRIVING and I wouldn't have it any other way.
there are about 7 kids in the program and the teacher was a math major plus she also tutors all the way to college. My kid is so far ahead of where the kindergarteners are in public school and I couldn't be prouder. We are seriously considering leaving him in her program for 1st grade as well.
- Sustainable Style for Back to School: The Ultimate Guide to Green...
- › Study: "Pro-Vaccine" Messages Not Changing Minds 1 minute ago
- › Tick/ lyme disease danger at school! 1 minute ago
- › Does anyone still hang out here? 17 minutes ago
- › Freezer Meals for Postpartum 20 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 20 minutes ago
- › Anyone else HATING sex right now? 22 minutes ago
- › Weight gain Part II 24 minutes ago
- › Third Trimester! 28 minutes ago
- › Single Mamas By Choice 34 minutes ago
- › met midwife last night, had interesting info about pitocin 36 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild