We have a 6 and 8 year old but started dreaming baby again after I got unexpectantly pregnant this summer. I am in the middle of a missed miscarriage and so sad about it. However, it does have me thinking about actually *trying* again. I thought we were done but now not so sure. Does anyone know what the odds are of us having a healthy babe at our advanced age :) (me 43 and hubby 46). Thanks!
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by myfamilyhaslyme, 9/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Cold Moon Last post on Today at 7:29 pm in Trying To Conceive
- 3 day med bleed 2 days before AF is due .. Implantation ??! Last post on Yesterday at 1:29 pm in Trying To Conceive
- TTC Baby #2 using Clomid Last post on 12/16/13 at 4:28pm in Trying To Conceive
- Second thoughts/feeling nervous about ttc Last post on Yesterday at 5:06 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Still confused.. Could I be a gassy mom to be? Last post on 12/16/13 at 3:56pm in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
What are the odds of having a healthy baby at 43 years old, dh is 46post #1 of 79/11/13 at 1:07pmThread Starterpost #2 of 79/11/13 at 1:14pmpost #3 of 79/11/13 at 1:29pmThis article indirectly will help you with some answers. The author has done extensive reviews of available literature regarding TTC at an "advanced maternal age". Best of luck!
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/07/how-long-can-you-wait-to-have-a-baby/309374/2/post #4 of 79/11/13 at 1:38pmpost #5 of 79/12/13 at 9:20pm
I am so sorry for what you are going through. I couldn't read your post without responding. Two years ago, I was where you are now.
At that time, dd was 4 1/2 years old. Dh and I had made the tough decision that she would be our only. When I found myself unexpectedly pregnant, I went through a gamut of feelings, but in the end I was overjoyed for my "second chance". Then, I miscarried at 9 weeks. I was devastated. I was so afraid that I was too old to have another child.
I gave myself time to grieve, went on a "fertility cleanse," and made dh (who was 50 at the time) go on a "fertility cleanse" as well. (I don't know if the fertility cleanse helped or not, but it made me feel empowered for the months I was grieving before we TTC). Five months after the miscarriage, I was pregnant! I was 44 when I gave birth to my amazing, wonderful, pure bundle of joy - dd2. I had a picture perfect pregnancy and had an easy birth.
We are getting ready to celebrate dd2 1st at the end of this month.
BTW - I have a good friend, who is 44 and pregnant. The pregnancy was a surprise for them too. She is in her 2nd trimester and everything is going beautifully!
There is hope. Sending your way.post #6 of 79/13/13 at 12:39pmThread Starterpost #7 of 79/17/13 at 7:34pmQuote:Isaoma - what fertility cleanse did you go on? That sounds like a good thing to do :).
I did a lot of reading and came across this website:
The article focuses on getting your body ready for conception by cleansingexcess hormones (psuedo-estrogens for example). Basically, it is a liver cleanse by itself or with a uterine cleanse I felt it helped my body recover from the miscarriage as well. I didn't buy their cleanse products, but took their advice. Along with the herbs they recommended, I also ate greens, sprouts, and wheatgrass. I'll write more later - by 11 month old wants my full attention.
Edited by isaoma - 9/17/13 at 7:45pm
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › First time UCer..What advice would you give? 8 minutes ago
- › Under what circumstances, if any, would you transfer to a hospital? 8 minutes ago
- › Can the Dead Really Live Again?? 11 minutes ago
- › How Likely is it to go into Labor Before a 39 Week Scheduled... 15 minutes ago
- › first semester homeschooling thoughts and questions 18 minutes ago
- › Nursing Mamas 19 minutes ago
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 19 minutes ago
- › Why are we so worried about vax vs non-vax? 22 minutes ago
- › Anyone else not want to see a doctor at all during the first... 28 minutes ago
- › 3 year old sleep - night terrors & more 32 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh