We have a 6 and 8 year old but started dreaming baby again after I got unexpectantly pregnant this summer. I am in the middle of a missed miscarriage and so sad about it. However, it does have me thinking about actually *trying* again. I thought we were done but now not so sure. Does anyone know what the odds are of us having a healthy babe at our advanced age :) (me 43 and hubby 46). Thanks!
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by myfamilyhaslyme, 9/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- Success stories after vasectomy reversal? Last post on Today at 3:56 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Tell me about the time you dug your FRER out of the trash and found... Last post on Today at 11:14 am in Trying To Conceive
- Possibly pregnant thoughts? Last post on Yesterday at 7:28 am in Trying To Conceive
- Sex two days prior ovulation. Last post on Yesterday at 6:23 am in Trying To Conceive
- Help me out ladies! Last post on 3/4/14 at 9:34pm in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
What are the odds of having a healthy baby at 43 years old, dh is 46post #1 of 79/11/13 at 1:07pmThread Starterpost #2 of 79/11/13 at 1:14pmpost #3 of 79/11/13 at 1:29pmThis article indirectly will help you with some answers. The author has done extensive reviews of available literature regarding TTC at an "advanced maternal age". Best of luck!
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/07/how-long-can-you-wait-to-have-a-baby/309374/2/post #4 of 79/11/13 at 1:38pmpost #5 of 79/12/13 at 9:20pm
I am so sorry for what you are going through. I couldn't read your post without responding. Two years ago, I was where you are now.
At that time, dd was 4 1/2 years old. Dh and I had made the tough decision that she would be our only. When I found myself unexpectedly pregnant, I went through a gamut of feelings, but in the end I was overjoyed for my "second chance". Then, I miscarried at 9 weeks. I was devastated. I was so afraid that I was too old to have another child.
I gave myself time to grieve, went on a "fertility cleanse," and made dh (who was 50 at the time) go on a "fertility cleanse" as well. (I don't know if the fertility cleanse helped or not, but it made me feel empowered for the months I was grieving before we TTC). Five months after the miscarriage, I was pregnant! I was 44 when I gave birth to my amazing, wonderful, pure bundle of joy - dd2. I had a picture perfect pregnancy and had an easy birth.
We are getting ready to celebrate dd2 1st at the end of this month.
BTW - I have a good friend, who is 44 and pregnant. The pregnancy was a surprise for them too. She is in her 2nd trimester and everything is going beautifully!
There is hope. Sending your way.post #6 of 79/13/13 at 12:39pmThread Starterpost #7 of 79/17/13 at 7:34pmQuote:Isaoma - what fertility cleanse did you go on? That sounds like a good thing to do :).
I did a lot of reading and came across this website:
The article focuses on getting your body ready for conception by cleansingexcess hormones (psuedo-estrogens for example). Basically, it is a liver cleanse by itself or with a uterine cleanse I felt it helped my body recover from the miscarriage as well. I didn't buy their cleanse products, but took their advice. Along with the herbs they recommended, I also ate greens, sprouts, and wheatgrass. I'll write more later - by 11 month old wants my full attention.
Edited by isaoma - 9/17/13 at 7:45pm
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › 4 yr old just dignosed with Celiac's--Can our 11 month old be GF... 27 minutes ago
- › Finally decided 35 minutes ago
- › Considering unschooling gifted/high needs child 38 minutes ago
- › Do painful menstrual cramps = painful labor? 40 minutes ago
- › Who has an awesome hummus recipe? 41 minutes ago
- › Minimalist Homestead? 41 minutes ago
- › 365L lexile score, end of 1st grade - what does this mean? 42 minutes ago
- › Teflon Free Rice Cooker 46 minutes ago
- › The Kindness of strangers 48 minutes ago
- › Belly Pictures! 54 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher