i actually know someone doing this, and they seem to be "getting away with it" for several years now. is this advisable?? it is an adult child, living elsewhere, enrolling their child in another town's school district using their parent's address. (so, the non-custodial grandparent of the child attending public school there.)
* do some school districts check in to this? (obviously, not all of them do.)
* what are the consequences if they do check, and you are caught?
* is it unethical to do this?
* are there social problems for the student who doesn't live in the town, when all the kid's friends at school do live there?
* what are any other concerns for doing this?