That was a deciding factor in my choice of prenatal too. I read up on it first!
Popular Group Discussions
I just found out what I'm having :) 9 posts | Last post on Today at 2:12 am
Related Forum Threads
- Waiting for the May DDC Thread Last post on 9/6/13 at 12:29pm in I'm Pregnant
- how are you feeling? Last post on 9/18/13 at 1:21pm in March 2014 Due Date Club
- symptoms? Last post on 11/22/13 at 8:03pm in June 2014 Due Date Club
- Anyone Exercising or Planning To? Last post on 11/19/13 at 7:53am in June 2014 Due Date Club
- What's your plan for eating right? Last post on 10/28/13 at 10:55am in June 2014 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 12/4/13
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and PregnancyLast edited: 11/25/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
- Remembering Pregnancy LossLast edited: 10/14/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
Prenatals? - Page 2post #21 of 3011/5/13 at 11:52ampost #22 of 3011/6/13 at 4:16amQuote:
I love these. This and floradix have been amazing in keeping me from being anemic with dd's pregnancy last year and my numbers are good now too. They definitely aren't as hard on my digestive system as the regular iron pills or regular prenatals.post #23 of 3011/6/13 at 7:40ampost #24 of 3011/7/13 at 8:26am
I'm taking the Vitamin Code (Garden of Life brand) prenatal, too. I have Slow FE and Floradix for iron because I'm anemic (both are pretty hard on my gut, so I take a Slow FE pill about every-other-day or so). I have FCLO/high vitamin butter oil to take when I can stomach (and smell it) again. I take Natural Calm (calcium+magnesium) about once or twice a week (it's awesome before bed to relax and the mag can curb the effects of the iron). I also take a good probiotic when I remember. I take Vitamin Code's raw B Complex (2 each night, awesome for morning sickness) and 4000iu of vitamin D each night, as well.
That sounds like a lot when it's listed out like that lol.post #25 of 3011/7/13 at 9:02am
A bunch of my kids' gummy vitamins. Can't say this was a carefully thought out and researched choice. I just like all things gummy.
I also take 2000-5000iu of vitamin D sporadically, Emergen-C on days I work, and magnesium/calcium when I feel the need to actually sleep at night. I'm pondering taking vitamin C daily because my water has broken prior to labor with all three kids, and C is supposed to help with that, but I'm not convinced that the water breaking early is actually a bad thing that needs to be fixed since they haven't been premature.post #26 of 3011/7/13 at 9:59am
I've been resorting to kids gummy vits too. The chewy prenatals taste bad to me. But my MW got me some samples of floradix, so I'll be taking that over the next few days to see if it helps. She can get it wholesale for $15 a bottle. I said hey, charge me $16, or even $20, I'd love to get some from you at that price point. Assuming it works out well et al. I love my liquid vitamen B.
Vitamen C makes your bag of waters stronger? No wonder mine wouldn't break last time. Her whole head was out before my waters finally broke. I eat oranges all the time.... now reconsidering, lol.post #27 of 3011/7/13 at 10:04am
I can't even say I'm resorting to them anymore. A few weeks ago that was the case, but not now. I could take standard chewables or swallow-pills without a problem. I just like them.
I'm vaguely afraid that if my water doesn't break before labor starts, I won't realize I'm in labor until I'm far along.post #28 of 3011/7/13 at 10:50am
ocelot mom, that is exactly what happens to me. And its not a bad thing all things considered. It means that your perceived endurance time is much shorter. Instead of being aware of the last day or three days of labor, you suddenly realize, its transition and time to think about pushing. Frusterating as it is to realize that, dang, there will be no taking out the mail right now, its time to get ready for pushing, I think it is probably comparable to the frusteration of waiting and waiting and three days in nothing has happened and THEN transition hits. There really is no easy out of labor.post #29 of 3011/7/13 at 12:20pm
I don't particularly mind the idea if I'm at home, but I can just imagine giving birth at work. Realistically, I live 10 minutes away from work, and the hospital is about 2 minutes away, so it's highly unlikely that things would go unnoticed to the point that that would happen.
I think the fact that I'm paying a midwife who lives an hour and a half away is enough to make my body wait and get its money's worth. Worked last time, anyways.
- Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and Pregnancy
- › Piercing baby ears - okay or not? 27 seconds ago
- › The (Hopefully) Sane Holiday Therapy Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Due Date Roll Call 2 minutes ago
- › Support for moms who are done breastfeeding, but their babies aren't 2 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 3 minutes ago
- › I'd like to try Elimination Communication 3 minutes ago
- › Do you do the whole Santa Claus thing? 8 minutes ago
- › dressing your baby warmly for winter 10 minutes ago
- › How much do you usually spend on a gift? 12 minutes ago
- › Autism's Invisible Generation 14 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo