Recent Images In This Thread
Popular Group Discussions
Healing After Birth 32 posts | Last post on Yesterday at 12:41 am
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on Yesterday at 11:52 pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Thread 9/9-9/15. Last post on 9/16/13 at 3:17am in September 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 12/4/13
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 - Page 2post #21 of 1009/16/13 at 4:49pmpost #22 of 1009/16/13 at 5:08pmCDsMom- hope baby cooperates with arrival tonight and if not that induction goes smoothly. I had to be induced with my son and still had a wonderful vaginal natural birth (besides the pitocin). They agreed to turn it off once I was in active labor which worked really well for me. Sending birth vibes your waypost #23 of 1009/16/13 at 5:09pmpost #24 of 1009/16/13 at 6:07pmpost #25 of 1009/16/13 at 6:19pmpost #26 of 1009/16/13 at 6:54pmThread Starterpost #27 of 1009/16/13 at 7:45pmQuote:
Well yay to seeing that bebe sooner than later and boo to being induced. I know all about it and still had a pretty good experience both times now. Especially the second time! You've been induced before though from what I remember you mentioning so at least you know what to expect!
Sending smooth labor vibes your way!
Serafina-- I so envy your energy! I couldn't even walk through the low pressure and hardcore cramping contractions! You are awesome for diving into a hobby. I am just now getting out (we've walked to the park several times now) and reading some book series I've been meaning to get to. Since I'm up all night with a newborn might as well dive in!post #28 of 1009/16/13 at 8:21pmpost #29 of 1009/16/13 at 9:41pmpost #30 of 1009/16/13 at 10:18pm
thinking of you, CDsMom!!
this week started out nicely. DF and i are both feeling better again. today we brought his car in for new tires, then dropped off the rug for cleaning, then went to Home Depot to finally fix the master shower, which is now finally working!
moved furniture to further convert the office to a guest bedroom. bought a lamp for the room and will be moving the guest mattress in there next. moved two bookshelves, too. the house is really transforming!
we have arrived at the end of our list; it feels good to be saying (when people ask, and they do all the time now) we only have 1 1/2 more weeks to go.
went for a long walk the other night - DF estimates about 5K and all i got from it today was a little bit of a foot ache in the morning. :) shall be continuing on this course, so i'll get a few more walks in. my 39 week appt is on Friday.post #31 of 1009/17/13 at 2:33ampost #32 of 1009/17/13 at 2:52ampost #33 of 1009/17/13 at 3:37ampost #34 of 1009/17/13 at 5:02ampost #35 of 1009/17/13 at 5:03ampost #36 of 1009/17/13 at 7:08am
Congrats to CDsMom1031 for not having to go in for an induction! Hoping for a smooth labor and a babe in arms shortly!
Also, sending my thoughts for nettlesoup and her induction. I hope your silence on the board is because of newborn snuggles and not because of a repeat of the same trauma from your last birth!
We should be seeing a rush of babies soon! I know katalopolis and KaliHekate should be coming up on some babies based on EDD and/or symptoms, right?
To my "overdue" mamas (and especially my EDD buddies, lilmamita and dakipode) I am thinking of you lots, even when I am not on the board.
AFM, things are going well here. Any problems I'm having is parenting my older kids. River is seriously the most calm, relaxed and easy baby I've had. He is utterly unflappable. We've been watching a lot of football here and just lounging on the couch as we're able to. I am also madly in love with my ring sling for River - it is just perfect for him. The girls are going stir-crazy, but it's still too hot to go to the park or anything during the day. They're driving me absolutely bonkers, and today in my effort to have a "lazy day", we are going to be relying on Amazon Prime videos - in particular, The Last Unicorn. Where my 80s kids at?!
We've also found another home we're attempting to put a contract on this week. It's a short sale, so I am a little nervous about it taking awhile or them rejecting the offer, but we LOVE the neighborhood for the kids and it's just a fantastic home for us. If you have a thought to spare for us this week, some positive intentions would be most appreciated!
Also, I think I am failing the cloth diaper bandwagon. River is a heavy pee-er and I really don't want to wake him every 2 hours to change a soaked prefold and sleeper at night when he only wakes up on his own every 3-4 hours at night. I see such lovely and cute little cloth diaper photos, but the reality of what it's doing to our nighttimes isn't jiving for me. We use GMD prefolds, hemp doublers and wool covers. Still soaking the diapers/doublers completely through.post #37 of 1009/17/13 at 7:23amGood luck CDsMom and I'm hoping it all went well for u nettle.
Olivia is keeping me up most nights, tiring but I'm still loving it. The weathers been miserable here but hoping to get out of the house soon. I'll be glad when I can drive again, feel a little cooped up lol. Now I've got a baby I can't believe how many people want to come visit us😳 I've managed to put people off till next week, then they'll all start arriving. I'm not a massive people person and don't like them in my space, but I can't hide away forever 😏
Hoping to hear news of more cute little babies soon 😍post #38 of 1009/17/13 at 8:01am
CDsmom, yay! Your castor oil must have worked! Good luck and hopefully you'll be snuggling with your little one soon!
vc, sounds like you're still having fun getting ready.
And you too, serafina, keeping busy with the new hobby!
mamamash, that's the last I heard from nettlesoup too, induction a couple of days ago if I remember correctly.
serena, I hope your mom and DB can help out a bit managing the visitors, let them know you still need your rest, a C-section is a major surgery!
aidenn, thanks for the moral support! And I LOVED The Last Unicorn! Another movie that heavily influenced my grade school years: The Never Ending Story! I watched it again a few years ago and the first one really isn't that bad, the sequels suck though. I have the book too and have read it a couple of times over the years, it gets a bit weird towards the second half, a bit too preachy for me (as an adult).
I'm sending good thoughts your way regarding the housing situation.
And lastly: I've deliberately bought a case (240) of newborn diapers because I thought it might ease the pressure of having to get the hang of cloth diapering right away. I think I paid $35 for it on Amazon, including shipping, which seemed very reasonable to me. I've seen a lot of accounts of people who CD during the day but use disposables at night because of the ease and the stay-dry factor. We'll see how it goes. I'll tell you the same thing I'd tell myself: don't pressure yourself too much to get it "perfect/right" immediately.
AFM: had some cramping last night but as of this morning they've disappeared, this keeps happening, i.e. some action that makes it hard to sleep but nothing during waking hours. I did have some of the "right" kind of GI distress, cmu, so keep your fingers crossed for mepost #39 of 1009/17/13 at 9:02am
YAY CDsMom! I hope all goes well and happy to hear you got to go into labor on your own! Thinking of you!
aidenn- make sure you pull out Labrinyth as well! As for the cloth diapers, maybe do disposables at night? Cloth diapers are great but sometimes they are more work than necessary. My daughter is heavy pee-er and while as an infant it wasn't an issue as she got older I said screw it and just started using 'sposies at night. Some things are just not worth the battle. lol
AFM- I have been so exhausted and in a lot of pain lately, since Friday really. My uterus is so achy and tired I can barely walk or put pants/undies on. This baby is so low I can't believe he hasn't broken my water or fallen out yet. It's seriously crazy! I'm trying to stay positive but with a high energy toddler to take care of I feel like I'm holding on by a thread. I have a chiro appt tomorrow, midwife appt Thursday, and the full moon is Thursday, I am hoping and praying it kicks things into gear and I have a baby by this weekend. The weather has turned so cool here that today we are staying inside. It's grey and windy and a typical fall day.post #40 of 1009/17/13 at 10:11am
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › What were you fed? 13 minutes ago
- › I put my foot in my mouth...come and let me have it! 15 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Queer parents 16 minutes ago
- › Crunchy Christian mamas '13 20 minutes ago
- › Bottle Feeders; How Do You Deal With Guilt? 23 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy/ Childbirth Wish List 49 minutes ago
- › I just performed bumblefoot surgery 52 minutes ago
- › Not Good Enough for MIL 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › June Baby Holiday Photo Thread! 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh