All these 'baby peepers' (like autumn 'leaf peepers', haha) can just take a hike and show up with casserole in hand ready for the freezer, later on when you feel like seeing their faces for twenty minutes. Then they can leave. AFter folding and ironing a load of laundry.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on Today at 9:48 pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Thread 9/9-9/15. Last post on 9/16/13 at 3:17am in September 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 12/4/13
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 - Page 5post #81 of 1009/21/13 at 5:32ampost #82 of 1009/21/13 at 11:06amRainy Saturday morning here too. Been having painful contractions since last night, but fortunately managed to get some sleep after all. This morning a *slightly* reddish / pinkish watery trickle.. And still contracting. We're supposed to have a friend over tonight, I'm wondering whether we should cancel on her just in case this is going somewhere?
Will finish up packing the damn hospital bag today. Don't have a labor project, oh well, maybe I can get DF to go on a rainy walk with me or something.post #83 of 1009/21/13 at 11:26ampost #84 of 1009/21/13 at 5:38pmTo all the overduers: while my son Simón was born yesterday on his due date...today the MW told me he looks like a baby that was about 10 days overdue. I KNEW the 20th wasn't his due date! Makes me feel vindicated, though I'm kinda glad for the uncertainty cause I would have gone crazy knowing I was 10 days overdue. Hang in there overduers!post #85 of 1009/22/13 at 12:36amQuote:
Thanks Jenny! I ended up canceling on my friend because either way I wouldn't have been good company. The contractions seem to be stronger in the evening? We were planning a movie night so I'm glad I canceled. Suffice to say I threw the iPad across the room last night during one of them :S
(iPad is fine)
I've been having more contractions throughout the day. Ended up taking a nap in the afternoon, after which I got a break from them for about 1-2 hrs. Then we went for a walk and they started back up again. They seem to be about 45sec to a minute every 4-6 mins, but not really "progressing"..
Can this go on for a couple days, practice contractions? Is that a thing?
I do feel different this week and like things are about to start moving soon.
Oh, my doula has another couple who seem to have just gone into labor shortly before 37 weeks. So if I go into labor this wkd, I might get a backup doula we've met her and I know she's great and competent, but I want MY doula! So as ridiculous as it may sound, I'm hoping the baby will hold off till my doula becomes available again. Man, that sounds even more stupid when written out..post #86 of 1009/22/13 at 2:21ampost #87 of 1009/22/13 at 2:31amVc, my contractions were always worse in the evenings, too. I've tended to ignore them unless they're truly painful- the ones I could honestly just describe as "uncomfortable" didn't count toward my labor watch, because I had sooo many of those that I'd've been on the phone to my OB constantly if I'd called every time there were 4+ in an hr. Gotta hope all those nights of contracting are progressively bringing you forward!
I hope the timing works out so that you're able to have the doula you love. Good luck!
Serafina, good luck to you! It's so dang miserable near the end. I was a grouchy nasty person. It will be over soon!post #88 of 1009/22/13 at 11:55am
I just sobbed and screamed at my DF for an hour because there's a small hairline fracture in my favorite piece of pottery that my mother made for me, since he's the one who uses the bowl 99% of the time, even though I had asked him to save it for special occasions. It's the only piece I had in my kitchen that my mom made and I loved that bowl and now it can't be used anymore and that felt like a good enough reason to throw a major temper tantrum and cry and yell. I am really on a short fuse these days!
Good lord will this person get out of me.post #89 of 1009/22/13 at 12:59pmpost #90 of 1009/22/13 at 2:08pm
Just poking in to say I am still playing the waiting game too :) not posting often because I'm just so darn tired most days, except today when I had the urge to scrub all the floors & walls and wash all the curtains/pillows/blankets in the living areas. Husband thinks I'm nesting, but I think the possibility of being that close to labor is too exciting and I refuse to let my mind go there. My doctor told me 2.5 weeks ago I'd be early... 6 days from my due date now, all contractions are irregular, still haven't lost MP, though I'm almost completely effaced. At least she'll most likely be a Libra!post #91 of 1009/22/13 at 2:32pm
I think we're definitely in Libra territory now, aren't we? I thought it switched on the 21st/22nd.... I am no horoscope expert though. But yeah, the 24th is my due date, and I am now less than 24 hours away from that and not thinking there's much hope for her coming earlier than that. MP still there. Ugh.
Thanks for popping by sarah!post #92 of 1009/22/13 at 3:11pmpost #93 of 1009/22/13 at 3:43pmpost #94 of 1009/22/13 at 5:28pm
Not sure, Serafina. I was trying to find the initial list with everyone and their dd but didn't have a lot of luck. Of course I didn't search very hard... I was due Thursday so I'm really not THAT overdue. I went 3 WEEKS over with my son which was only allowed bc I had planned for a home birth AND I still ended up being induced. I am not planning a home birth this time so 42w is the absolute latest as long as baby continues to look good until then (but hoping I don't make it that far). I had my first NST today which they will now do 2x/week since I am considered "post-dates" and baby looked great. It still moves A LOT so that is reassuring. I have more contractions in the evening and definitely think I am dilated some but haven't wanted to be checked yet. If I make it to my appt on Friday, I will ask to be checked and consider a membrane sweep if I am favorable. My mom went 2 weeks late with her first, 5 days late with me, and 3 weeks late with her third so I think it's somewhat genetic. It really is a mental game at this point. I feel pretty good overall physically but just have to keep up the positive thinking.
I never lost MP until during active labor last time and I was also 3cm and 75% effaced for 2 weeks before being induced so try not to let those "stats" get too much into your head. Your baby will come when its ready and some just come out later than others : ) (I need to keep reminding myself of this!)post #95 of 1009/22/13 at 5:32pmpost #96 of 1009/23/13 at 3:00am
I'm still waiting, due on the 24th. I do keep up with the threads but just don't post much! This will be my 3rd VBAC and I'm hoping he comes soon. Before Wednesday, (when I start my 55 hr work week again) would be nice. I am so tired and stressed but yet can't sleep past 3am. Trying to relax as much a possible....
Good luck to all who are still waiting! I love to read all the birth stories :)post #97 of 1009/23/13 at 6:42amI'm also waiting. My EDD is 9/27 and it's only in the last couple of days that I've started thinking "Soon, maybe?". But I'm fairly convinced this baby is not arriving for another week at least.
The last piece of our big 2+ year construction project was finished last week. Now we're cleaning, and doing some odds and ends and I feel so much more relaxed and ready for the baby. Plus, we've essentially doubled our living space and have space for visitors which is great.
It's my first official day of maternity leave, but I'm at my computer working on things I didn't finish last week.
Goals for this week:
--Work on cleaning the new space
--Cook some freezer meals plus food to eat this week
--Finish off the work stuff
--Go for walks
--Work on the January daycare problempost #98 of 1009/23/13 at 8:22ampost #99 of 1009/23/13 at 8:26am
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Would this be rude? 1 minute ago
- › Welcome Babies! 3 minutes ago
- › Please explain to me why.. 6 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 8 minutes ago
- › December updates, brags, ponderings: post 'em here! 8 minutes ago
- › Please help! Oppositional defiance disorder and homeschooling 17 minutes ago
- › Is anyone still testing? 25 minutes ago
- › Shameless Cute Baby Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Do you do the whole Santa Claus thing? 27 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh