- topicVaccinationstagged by thatcoolmom, 9/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Who is saying vaccines don't make money?? Last post on Today at 6:04 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words Last post on Yesterday at 6:23 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- "Holly's Law" Titres accepted in lieu of second MMR in NJ--BUT DID YOUR DOCTOR... Last post on Yesterday at 6:08 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Corporate Control of Media Last post on Yesterday at 1:14 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Complicit media - gatekeepers for the pro-vaccine establishment and purveyors of propaganda Last post on Yesterday at 6:10 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
My Vaccine Info
Last edited: 3/4/13
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?Last edited: 12/26/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesLast edited: 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsLast edited: 3/14/13
- In Britain 12-Year-Olds Vaccinated Without Parental ConsentLast edited: 3/8/13
Im sick of the "anyone with a blog can put misinformatiom about vaccines out there"post #1 of 59/20/13 at 8:21pmThread StarterYes, I get it. We shouldn't trust anyone with a blog. BUT I find that majority of the anti-vax blogs use factual data (such as citing the ingredients of vaccines from oh, you know, the freaking CDC!!!!!)... Just because I am not a doctor or someone who writes an article on anti-vax info isn't a doctor doesn't mean we are "spreading lies" or spreading misinformation!!! Arrrrrgh! This frustrates me SO much! I hate when people say this. Dr tenpenny, dr baylock, dr sears, just to name a few, are all doctors that have exposed the truth behind vaccines but people seem to forget that and blame the anti-vax "movement" on forums like this. God forbid like-minded moms share information! I think it just pisses off pro-vaxers because it completely goes against everything they have been brainwashed to believe.post #2 of 59/21/13 at 5:42amI really hate the "anti-vaxxers who get their information from the *internet*" line. Maybe the people who come up with this stuff have been too busy being disparaging to notice that most peer-reviewed science journals are available on. the. internet.
And, if you work in health or for a university, you can usually access it all for free through your organisation's library.
I guess that doesn't fit the picture they're trying to create though.post #3 of 59/21/13 at 9:27ampost #4 of 59/21/13 at 11:15am
Well, I guess what I am really tired of hearing is that if you don't vax you basically don't know what you are doing because you are so misinformed from all the conspiracy theories that are floating around on the internet. When in fact I get a lot of my information directly from the CDC, RKI etc. websites. You name it.
Another one that gets me upset when stating that we don't vax is: Oh, but Wakefield has been debunked! So now it is safe to vax or what?post #5 of 59/22/13 at 3:57pm
Wakefield and McCarthy are scapegoats for the vaxx propaganda industry and you can pretty much assume that anyone who drags their names into the debate, thinking that that is the only issue, has no idea what they are talking about.
We had been a no-vaxx family for many years before they came onto the scene and the mmr-autism connection has never been a primary concern for our family. I can't think of anyone I know for whom it was.
I actually charted the mmr rates before and after Evan McCarthy's diagnoses and there was only a very small drop in rates after, which may or may not be attributable to his mother's activism.
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
- › 9-10DPO AF Due on the 18th 41 seconds ago
- › converting an arms reach into a friendlier sidecar 47 seconds ago
- › Tick/ lyme disease danger at school! 1 minute ago
- › The symptoms Thread 2 minutes ago
- › OB vs. Midwife 7 minutes ago
- › Looking for sweets and cookies that are healthy and taste nice 8 minutes ago
- › Who is still here? 8 minutes ago
- › Blood Glucose At-Home Testing 10 minutes ago
- › February '09 Mamas ~ Childhood Chat :) 12 minutes ago
- › Fertility Challenged Graduates Thread - Spring/Summer 2014 16 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild