- topicVaccinationstagged by thatcoolmom, 9/21/13
Related Forum Threads
- Chicken Pox Immunity Network on Facebook Nationwide if you are wanting to avoid the vaccination Last post on Today at 9:50 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- [Deleted] Last post on 12/1/13 at 4:09pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Non vaxer contemplating vaccination Last post on Yesterday at 5:14 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- When to give sodium asorbate Last post on 11/30/13 at 3:45pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- DH pushing for Tetanus vax Last post on 11/30/13 at 5:13am in I'm Not Vaccinating
My Vaccine Info
Last edited: 3/4/13
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?Last edited: 2/24/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesLast edited: 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsLast edited: 3/14/13
- In Britain 12-Year-Olds Vaccinated Without Parental ConsentLast edited: 3/8/13
Im sick of the "anyone with a blog can put misinformatiom about vaccines out there"post #1 of 59/20/13 at 8:21pmThread StarterYes, I get it. We shouldn't trust anyone with a blog. BUT I find that majority of the anti-vax blogs use factual data (such as citing the ingredients of vaccines from oh, you know, the freaking CDC!!!!!)... Just because I am not a doctor or someone who writes an article on anti-vax info isn't a doctor doesn't mean we are "spreading lies" or spreading misinformation!!! Arrrrrgh! This frustrates me SO much! I hate when people say this. Dr tenpenny, dr baylock, dr sears, just to name a few, are all doctors that have exposed the truth behind vaccines but people seem to forget that and blame the anti-vax "movement" on forums like this. God forbid like-minded moms share information! I think it just pisses off pro-vaxers because it completely goes against everything they have been brainwashed to believe.post #2 of 59/21/13 at 5:42amI really hate the "anti-vaxxers who get their information from the *internet*" line. Maybe the people who come up with this stuff have been too busy being disparaging to notice that most peer-reviewed science journals are available on. the. internet.
And, if you work in health or for a university, you can usually access it all for free through your organisation's library.
I guess that doesn't fit the picture they're trying to create though.post #3 of 59/21/13 at 9:27ampost #4 of 59/21/13 at 11:15am
Well, I guess what I am really tired of hearing is that if you don't vax you basically don't know what you are doing because you are so misinformed from all the conspiracy theories that are floating around on the internet. When in fact I get a lot of my information directly from the CDC, RKI etc. websites. You name it.
Another one that gets me upset when stating that we don't vax is: Oh, but Wakefield has been debunked! So now it is safe to vax or what?post #5 of 59/22/13 at 3:57pm
Wakefield and McCarthy are scapegoats for the vaxx propaganda industry and you can pretty much assume that anyone who drags their names into the debate, thinking that that is the only issue, has no idea what they are talking about.
We had been a no-vaxx family for many years before they came onto the scene and the mmr-autism connection has never been a primary concern for our family. I can't think of anyone I know for whom it was.
I actually charted the mmr rates before and after Evan McCarthy's diagnoses and there was only a very small drop in rates after, which may or may not be attributable to his mother's activism.
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
- › New Study: Chickenpox vaccination not linked to increased shingles... 4 minutes ago
- › Non-Vaxing and Vaxing Parents 7 minutes ago
- › Just some things I've been thinking about... 7 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions December 8 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- The Beaver Moon 22 minutes ago
- › Spring IVF 2013 26 minutes ago
- › Home Schooling a child with Autism or other special needs? 33 minutes ago
- › 52 Project Challenge, 2013 36 minutes ago
- › What is your word for nursing? 43 minutes ago
- › Is this possibly a triphasic chart? 44 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Stephafriendly
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Vaccinations and George W Bush by Brian Leaf
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013! by Melanie Mayo
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo