- topicVaccinationstagged by dalia, 9/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Chickenpox, to expose or not to expose Last post on Yesterday at 8:30 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Chicken Pox and Medically Fragile Last post on Yesterday at 5:13 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- 23andme Crack down by FDA, just what we need, more regulations! Last post on 12/7/13 at 9:51am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- SIL wont let my kids see her newborn Last post on 12/7/13 at 3:57pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Requesting a tiny bit of support... or a smack on the head Last post on 12/7/13 at 10:58am in I'm Not Vaccinating
My Vaccine Info
Last edited: 3/4/13
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?Last edited: 2/24/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesLast edited: 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsLast edited: 3/14/13
- In Britain 12-Year-Olds Vaccinated Without Parental ConsentLast edited: 3/8/13
My son's nanny wants a flu shotpost #1 of 59/24/13 at 6:58pmThread StarterMy son's nanny wants to get a flu shot this season. She knows we are non-vaxxing so she asked when would be the best time for her to do it. She comes Monday through Wednesday so I was thinking she could get it Wednesday, which would give four days for any shedding. I don't think she is getting the live virus one but I'm not sure. Shedding may not even be an issue. Thoughts?post #2 of 59/24/13 at 8:17pm
If she gets the flu shot, shedding is not an issue. It may lower her defenses in general and make it more likely for her to get sick with something random, but not necessarily the flu.
For her own health, she should get a thimerosal free shot, also called preservative free. If it comes from a single dose vial (one they use once then throw away), it will be thimerosal free.
The nasal spray vaccine does shed, for several weeks.post #3 of 59/24/13 at 10:34pmThread Starterpost #4 of 59/24/13 at 10:51pm
The links are to the package inserts. She should read the package insert for whatever vaccine she chooses, BEFORE getting the vaccine. The package insert might change her mind about getting the vaccine.
Afluria pre-filled syringe doesn't contain thimerosal.
Afluria MULTI-DOSE vial contains a large amount of thimerosal. AVOID.
Fluarix doesn't contain thimerosal.
Fluzone pre-filled syringe and single dose vials don't contain thimerosal.
Fluzone MULTI-DOSE vial contains a large amount of thimerosal. AVOID.
Flucelvax doesn't contain thimerosal
Flublok doesn't contain thimerosal.post #5 of 59/24/13 at 10:54pmThread Starter
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
- › picky neighbor kid is making my kid picky too 1 minute ago
- › Post-partum check in here! 1 minute ago
- › Childbirth International 1 minute ago
- › Anyone familiar with Intuitive Childbirth for doula certification? 7 minutes ago
- › Antibiotics for bacteria in urine sample 9 minutes ago
- › Did you tell your children about Santa? 10 minutes ago
- › Locking toddlers in their room at night 12 minutes ago
- › Please explain to me why.. 14 minutes ago
- › Welcome Babies! 14 minutes ago
- › Welcome! 15 minutes ago
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo