Oh and as far as other postpartum care, I have a whoooole plan. lol
Based on last time (my VBAC in which I tore pretty badly, bruised my tailbone, and dislocated my public bone), I'll be doing the following:
- Ibuprofen, Arnica pellets, and stool softeners around the clock while I'm awake for the first few days.
- Afterease Tincture and a heating pad.
- My normal supplements in little snack sized baggies so my husband can just grab one and give it to me so I don't have to deal with telling him which pills and how many every day.
- Belly binder and arnica gel applied to my belly and lower abdomen.
- Chiropractic adjustment as soon as I can manage to get there.
- Herbal baths with baby in sitz bath herbs.
- Padsicles waiting in the freezer. (aloe vera, witch hazel, and some brewed sitz bath herb tea on pads, wrapped up and frozen)
- Peri bottle of water in a bottle warmer to use while going to the bathroom.
- Another peri bottle with part water, part witch hazel, essential oils (frankincense, geranium, lavender, and tea tree), and some infused sitz bath herbs to use AFTER going to the bathroom.
- Earth Mama Angel Baby Bottom Spray and Bottom Balm. They both felt AWESOME and helped with swelling.
- Potentially making my own healing cream as I can't get the one I used last time from my previous midwife. (It was basically comfrey, echinacea, plantain, and lavender). She had me put a glop of it on a clean piece of gauze over my stitches and I think it helped a lot.
I think that's it? I can't think of anything else at the moment.