I think it'll work to have both :) You won't get abandoned!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Thread 9/9-9/15. Last post on 9/16/13 at 3:17am in September 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 3/31/14
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
Post-partum check in here! - Page 14post #261 of 32812/13/13 at 12:37pmpost #262 of 32812/13/13 at 1:12pmpost #263 of 32812/13/13 at 2:45pmSo I think my little lady is sick. She's barely eating today and is sleeping lots. When she is awake she just stares off and doesn't cry (usually she cries for attention often, today not a peep). She's also spit up vomitted bright yellow twice which she hasn't done in awhile. No dirty diapers today, only wet. Should I be worried?post #264 of 32812/13/13 at 3:14pmpost #265 of 32812/13/13 at 4:08pmpost #266 of 32812/13/13 at 4:16pmpost #267 of 32812/14/13 at 3:49ampost #268 of 32812/14/13 at 10:16ampost #269 of 32812/14/13 at 3:39pmI decided not to go. She didn't seem dehydrated and my husband wasn't home... So I figured I would wait the 2 hours until he got home and see how she was. And a bit after that she drank a bottle and kept it down. So I figured she was turning for the better. This may sound horrible but the good part of her being sick was that she slept from about 9:30 pm to 9:00 am (except for feedings, but then she woke and went right back to sleep) so I basically got nearly 12 hours of sleep last night. I haven't felt this good in a long time. And she's clearly much better today toopost #270 of 32812/14/13 at 3:43pmpost #271 of 32812/14/13 at 8:54pm
i finally wrote my birth story..... http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1394363/my-disappointing-traumatic-homebirth-turned-hospital-transfer
superbeans- I hope your baby is 100% happy healthy and well soon!post #272 of 32812/19/13 at 8:17ampost #273 of 32812/19/13 at 11:17ampost #274 of 32812/19/13 at 1:29pmI felt like I was gonna fall apart yesterday. It was everything I could do to keep it together.
With my husband out of town most of the time, night time makes me feel like I'm going insane. It's not the baby, but my 4yo. He wants to sleep basically on top of me. He wakes the baby, or the baby wakes him up. I'm exhausted. During the day he is incredibly difficult.
To top it off I am suffering from chronic back pain. It makes my threshold so low. I'm being awful to my 4yo. I am worried I might lose it with him.
I have met with my therapist every week and went to acupuncture today. I have some calming herbs from my naturopath. I have help during the day. But... Still...
I just need to hear this is gonna get better. :'-(post #275 of 32812/19/13 at 2:05pm
Big big hugs to you, Dalia! It will definitely get better! I'm so sorry you're having a rough time right now, it's so hard being the main caregiver at times. Is there anyone who could lend a hand at night? A relative or close friend? Being tired just adds to the feelings of being overwhelmed. I'm thinking of you and hope things get easier for you soon!post #276 of 32812/19/13 at 2:33pmOh dalia, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. I had my first night alone with both boys last night and it felt so overwhelming. My 3.5 year old didn't want to go to bed at all and Porter wouldn't go down til about 9pm and I was desperate for a moment to myself. I wish I had something helpful to suggest. I do feel like it will get better. The baby will get older and more independent. I also have back issues and I feel like once the baby can sit up on his own my life will be soo much easier.
Slammerkin, it'll get better. I'm sorry it was disappointing.
Hugs to both of youpost #277 of 32812/19/13 at 3:41pmpost #278 of 32812/19/13 at 6:44pmpost #279 of 32812/20/13 at 5:40pm
i'm @ashleyshanti on instagram :)
regarding sex after baby.... how horrible is it?? I'm not even 7 weeks postpartum now and already my husband is hounding me about it... really?? i'm covered in spit up, I haven't showered in 2 days, my boobs are leaking all over the place... and .... he SAW my vagina rip open almost to my butt. how can he expect me to feel sexy when I can't even wash my hair.. and the time I do have that is "free" for personal maintenance i spend doing laundry or cleaning up or eating/drinking something myself. gahhhh. i get that he works all day so I do the domestic shit but expecting all that plus sex is too much. i'm thinking valentines day (12-14 weeks out) is more realistic.
ALSO I can't stand how all the baby/parenting websites say that sex "may" hurt for the first couple months... as if you're supposed to just power through it.. if it hurts- we're flat out not doing it til it doesn't hurt AT ALL. sex should never hurt, and it should always be mutually beneficial.post #280 of 32812/20/13 at 6:17pm
AMEN yogini! I totally agree. If sex hurts, I'm not doing it. We haven't tried yet, and I'm between 9 and 10 weeks. Luckily my husband hasn't been bugging me about it, but I know he really wants to have sex. I just don't quite feel ready yet, plus, I'm honestly scared to try. I agree with your timeline for trying again. I was thinking around 11 or 12 weeks I might give it a shot. Men just don't get it sometimes. They don't always understand how much we really do during the day, and how little time is actually "free" time.
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Changing my discipline techniques... where do I learn about GD/CP? 5 minutes ago
- › I removed by IUD by myself! 5 minutes ago
- › HOLY SH#$%¥*T! We are due next month - April Chat Thread : ) 6 minutes ago
- › April 2014 -- What did you accomplish today? 7 minutes ago
- › Why Is Jenny McCarthy Dangerous? 20 minutes ago
- › Boy or Girl - The Nub Theory . 22 minutes ago
- › It all just feels surreal... 30 minutes ago
- › Working With Doctors 40 minutes ago
- › Those Pesky "Anti-Vax" Experts 41 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 45 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding my Tribe After the Death of my Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool
- › Mayim Bialik Opens Up About Her Breastfeeding... by Melanie Mayo
- › Freedom Together: Mothering Mavens Try Out... by Melanie Mayo