Popular Group Discussions
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on Today at 5:56 pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Thread 9/9-9/15. Last post on 9/16/13 at 3:17am in September 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 12/4/13
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
*~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* - Page 11post #201 of 21610/29/13 at 4:56pmpost #202 of 21610/29/13 at 6:56pm
Ultra- Thank you. He can go back and weigh in whenever he wants to. But his contract is void, and there is no guarantee that he would get the same job back. We are just tired from all the emotional energy that went into it, and think we need to take a step back. He has found another job, thank goodness.
And the contractions thing sounds scary and exciting! I keep wondering what contractions are going to feel like. Other than the braxton hicks, which are a little strange and annoying, but not at all painful. For some reason I feel like I won't reach my due date, but that may just be wishful thinking.
Lately I have been getting back pain pretty much all the time unless I am standing. I wake up in the middle of the night and have to do stretches to relieve that back pain and get comfortable again. :/ It's pretty painful sometimes.
The other day I stopped being busy for a minute and noticed I hadn't felt baby move a lot that day. I went home for lunch, drank a glass of juice, and laid down to count movements. I got 15 within 25 minutes, so then I felt a little better. Since then I have been careful to pay attention to him moving around. Last night I had a dream about him being stillborn. It was pretty awful. I think I just need to relax. :Ppost #203 of 21610/30/13 at 6:06am
Tiffa-that's a pretty crappy dream =(. I'm pretty anxious too with baby movements at this point. Whenever I don't feel her move for a while I start to get paranoid. I still have some nagging worries after a miscarriage last year. Then I have to remind myself that she's also starting to run out of room so the movements have been changing a bit to more stretches than anything else.
I also wonder, is your baby posterior? Maybe the bad back pains you are feeling are contractions. I'm only 35 weeks so I also haven't felt any contractions yet, but know posterior babies cause a lot of back pain (my sister had 3 posterior labors).post #204 of 21610/30/13 at 6:52ampost #205 of 21610/30/13 at 7:14am
I've been trying to do belly mapping on my own the last few days. My last MW appointment the baby was definitely posterior. She's been head down for a few months, though, so that's nice. I thought she was anterior before that appointment because I had what I thought was her bum always sticking out in almost a cone shape but it seems that's her legs and feet. I've been trying to get better about sitting on a ball or hanging out on my hands and knees while I'm relaxing, but it's tough to not just lay down on the couch for a nap...post #206 of 21610/30/13 at 11:46ampost #207 of 21610/30/13 at 4:37pmTiffa That is a scary dream!
So I made a similar post in the labor thread and am looking for thoughts. I've been losing blood tinged mucus plug/bloody show since early this morning with mild irregular ctxs. Saw my MW this afternoon, when of course said show had stopped. MW was not impressed and my exam was identical to last week's. Very disappointing. I don't recall losing obvious mucus plug or show with DD until labor. I am curious any thoughts/experiences you mamas have had. I was always taught that plug + show equals baby, usually within 24 hours but nearly always by 48-72 hours. MW said it could still be 1-2 more weeks. Clearly, it's all a guess.post #208 of 21610/30/13 at 7:34pmpost #209 of 21610/30/13 at 9:18pmThread Starter
Sparkle - Nope. It just means that you are dilated/effaced enough for stuff to start slipping out. So yes, it's still a great sign! I've had clients lose their mucus plug and not deliver for another 1-2 wks just like you MW explained. Hang in there! Everything is moving in the right direction! The best thing to do right now is rest and relax as much as you can. Easier said than done ;)post #210 of 21610/30/13 at 11:52pmI just experienced the weirdest thing. Earlier today was like any other day in that breathing feels cramped... Now as I'm lying down to sleep, I can fully fill up my lungs when I breathe, and the top of my belly kind of feels normal, like there's no uterus underneath it. I think my baby dropped even lower than she already had been... which is great, because I have had shooting pains all day long! I must sound crazy!post #211 of 21610/31/13 at 5:09ampost #212 of 21610/31/13 at 6:38ampost #213 of 21610/31/13 at 8:04ampost #214 of 21610/31/13 at 12:34pm
Thanks mamas!! This is just so different from my pregnancy with DD. Amazing! This morning it felt like when my period starts (cramping and the discharge), and it just keeps coming (TMI, I am sorry!!). Considering where I was 9 weeks ago, hoping for one more week, each week, I am incredibly grateful and so, so glad. I am really ready to meet his baby boy!! Sunnie Nicely put!! I will keep that visual Thank you!
Electric Yeah!! Deep breaths are so good!post #215 of 21610/31/13 at 3:39pm
I'd been feeling like this baby might come early--lost plug on the 20th, had a lot of heavy cramping, irregular contractions. she was very low--but after my chiro apt. last week, it feels like she is happy to stay put! I am happy that she gets more time to bake but impatient to meet her too. Thought she might be a Halloween baby, but at this point probably more like a November full moon baby! My family is making bets about when she will be born and how much she will weigh lol. My Dr. signed off on my birth plan today (minus the bit about using the Gaskin maneuver if baby's shoulders get stuck, which he was vehemently opposed to and went on for a while about it--eek), and I found out I am gbs neg., so I was happy about that--hopefully I will have the natural hospital birth I've been hoping/planning for!
Anyone doing anything for Halloween? I'm trying not to use being pregnant as an excuse to pig out on all the chocolate he he.
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Brining a turkey in kombucha how long should I let it ferment? 3 minutes ago
- › I don't like playing with my kid 9 minutes ago
- › Placenta Plans? 9 minutes ago
- › Toys and games 13 minutes ago
- › Welcome Babies! 15 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions December 21 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 25 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 26 minutes ago
- › Potty suggestions for 8 month old? 27 minutes ago
- › No heartbeat. Gone. 28 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by dangill
- › The Night Before Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › The Snow Queen by Melanie Mayo
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › The Snowy Day by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Monica S
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo