Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on 3/12/14 at 8:04am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Thread 9/9-9/15. Last post on 9/16/13 at 3:17am in September 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 3/31/14
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
October 2013 Chit Chat - Page 60post #1181 of 272810/13/13 at 1:28pmpost #1182 of 272810/13/13 at 1:29pm
Yeah I never pumped and dumped. Ever. I operated on the theory that if I could physically go get my child without the risk of dropping them or falling over, they would be fine. And nobody is retarded so I must have done a good job huh? With my first two I also smoked while breastfeeding. And they are fine also. Kids are durable. BUT, I know everybody has their opinions. Not that I would now condone smoking while breastfeeding, FYI, I was a young mom, remember. I figured I would just state the scientific facts and leave my opinion out of it.
I have no blinky cursor thing and its a mystery where I am typing.post #1183 of 272810/13/13 at 1:39pmWith my first I just didn't drink, period. It stressed me out too much (she never went longer than an hour between feedings even when she was a toddler). And I didn't want her to get any alcohol. Now I laugh at myself, and drink what I want, and do not worry about nursing. When O was little I would try not to nurse him while buzzed, but if I did I didn't stress. And since having O I have drank enough to get spinny only twice. So I figure he's OK.post #1184 of 272810/13/13 at 1:47pm
Jaimee, I'm feeling better today, but not 100%, thanks for asking. Your family doesn't like cauliflower kraut, but you'll eat kohlrabi kraut? How it is?
Nicole, Glad you had fun, sorry you're feeling like crap. I can't imagine staying awake until 4:00am with a 3 week old baby...!!!
I've always drank a bit while nursing. I rarely get trashed and so far it's been fine. I've never pumped and dumped.
I'm off to take a nap and then go to the carnival. I missed all the fun yesterday!post #1185 of 272810/13/13 at 1:59pmThread Starter
Abra, my family isn't a big fan of cauliflower (I am, but no one else really) and I don't think that it was fermented long enough either. I should try again now that I've got the process down a bit more. The kohlrabi kraut is something new... never tried it before. But yesterday we cleaned out a bunch of the garden beds and needed to harvest 4 huge kohlrabis (a 5th, unusable kohlrabi weighed in at 17.5 lbs!). I figured we would never eat them before they went bad, so I looked up ways to preserve them and kraut came up and I gave it a try! I'll let you all know how it tastes in about 3 weeks!
We also harvested about 10 gallons of green tomatoes. I've got a recipe for salsa verde using green tomatoes and I also plan to pickle a bunch. Anything else I should try to do with them? And we've got another giant box of ripe tomatoes... more salsa, I guess. I'd like to try some different recipes, though. Anyone got a favorite salsa recipe that is safe for BWB canning?
Sara and Ash, thanks for the education on alcohol in breastmilk. I've only ever had 1-2 drinks at a time while nursing so it's never been an issue. Now that Avery only nurses 3x a times a day, I guess I could get drunk after he goes to bed and be fine feeding him in the morning. Good to know!post #1186 of 272810/13/13 at 2:15pmpost #1187 of 272810/13/13 at 2:31pmpost #1188 of 272810/13/13 at 2:34pmI'm glad my drinking wasn't for nothing. Looks like everyone got a bit of education from it.
Nap time is over. I think I'm going to survive and can unhook the life support.
My sister is taking Conner to a birthday party here in a bit. I'll use that time to shower. It's the only thing I haven't checked off of my hangover list. LOL
I'm glad you're having fun making your stamp, Sara.post #1189 of 272810/13/13 at 2:36pmpost #1190 of 272810/13/13 at 2:38pmpost #1191 of 272810/13/13 at 2:50pmpost #1192 of 272810/13/13 at 2:55pmpost #1193 of 272810/13/13 at 3:03pmpost #1194 of 272810/13/13 at 3:15pmI don't really get hangovers very often but I do greatly suffer from staying up so late. As soon as my kids go to bed tonight, I'm taking a sleeping pill and passing out. DH informed me of a lot of drama I didn't see happen last night. Two people got in a fight and the wife of one of them ended up giving the other guy a black eye. Someone peed on our basement floor thinking he was in the bathroom. So many other things too. Weirdest night ever. I'm thinking the everclear was a bad idea.post #1195 of 272810/13/13 at 3:18pmThread Starter
I'm on it!!! Just kidding... I'm such a light weight at this point that one beer does me in and I feel like crap. I've got some work to do.
Is everclear ever really a good idea?post #1196 of 272810/13/13 at 3:24pmpost #1197 of 272810/13/13 at 3:27pmMal, that sounds like a party.
Jaimee, I think every should drink more.
I'm a fan of breastfeeding and drinking. My kids are ok. Sort of.
Sara, if you think brownies = alcohol you're doing it wrong.
I took the big girls to see a dollar movie and to goodwill while J went to see AH for a few hours. It was nice. Now I'm neglecting them/dinner/the house while they jump on the trampoline. I'm also hearing a lot of fox sounds. The kids get a huge kick out of making J do it.post #1198 of 272810/13/13 at 3:53pmpost #1199 of 272810/13/13 at 4:05pmMy sister just left with her husband for a friend's wedding and they're going to be away from their 6-wk-old for approx. 11 hours while he is syringe-fed breastmilk by the babysitter because he still won't take a bottle. Anyone ever switch from breast to sippy without a bottle anywhere in there? My sister is freaking out a bit since she goes back to work soon and we have no idea how syringe-feeding could work long-term. Eeek. FX that he takes a bottle tonight out of pure necessity!post #1200 of 272810/13/13 at 4:14pmQuote:
It was a fall drink. Hot apple cider mixed with everclear. It was delicious but went down far too easy.
I was dealing with drama of my own, that's the only reason I missed the rest of it.
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Copper IUD and Side effects 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › Wanting But Waiting 2014 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › The person below me..... 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Lots to lose support thread? 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › Why Is Jenny McCarthy Dangerous? 2 hours ago
- › Word Association Conga Line 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Do you fart infront of your husband???? 2 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Make A Sentence, New Word Game 2 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › 3 year old having a tough time. 2 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › April Chat/Vent 2 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool