Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on Today at 11:57 am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Thread 9/9-9/15. Last post on 9/16/13 at 3:17am in September 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 12/4/13
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
October 2013 Chit Chat - Page 61post #1201 of 272810/13/13 at 4:18pmpost #1202 of 272810/13/13 at 4:20pmpost #1203 of 272810/13/13 at 5:40pmpost #1204 of 272810/13/13 at 8:13pm
I've only once pumped and dumped but that was when ALex was a baby and we went out drinking and had a pretty good buzz going. I wouldn't do it for a few drinks hours apart.
Success Harlan actually peed on the potty this morning and stayed dry the rest of the morning til nap when i put him back into a diaper. Then he came over to me this evening trying to say Poop and pointing at his diaper.post #1205 of 272810/13/13 at 10:18pmWow Mal sorry about the drama! Grain alcohol makes people crazy.
Feeling better yet Nicole?
Kami that's great, he is totally there.
We just had a bunch of people over. We went as a group to a pumpkin patch on a farm, chucked rotten apples at scarecrows, pet animals, came back to our house and had dinner and drinks for hours. The kids got giant pumpkins for ridiculously cheap and my husband picked up some free old barn wood and pallets to make some stuff. Pretty much everyone is happy!
I'm channeling Jaimee tomorrow and going to pick free apples and make a ton of applesauce to can.post #1206 of 272810/13/13 at 10:19pmpost #1207 of 272810/14/13 at 4:05ampost #1208 of 272810/14/13 at 5:14amThread Starter
Awesome Ash, can't wait to hear about your peeling and canning! Your day at the pumpkin patch sounded great! We went to a pumpkin farm (not you-pick) where they have ridiculously cheap pumpkins and squashes and picked a bunch of stuff up to decorate with. I also got up some lights, cobwebs, and ghost decorations. Feels a little more festive around here! Avalon "booed" three of our neighbors, too, and that was fun. Her friend across the street talked about it all day, wondering who it was, and playing with her treats.
Sara, that's impressive! Is it a star of David?
Kami, awesome about the potty!!post #1209 of 272810/14/13 at 5:35amJaimee, it's not a Star of David, but it is a 6 point star. The area I'm from is clay heavy and brick making was one of the big industries back in the day. This was inspired by the old bricks they used to make there. I couldn't make mine as detailed as the real bricks, but hopefully this still looks nice.
It's fun that Avalon got to experience the joy of giving.
Weaning is going poorly. Lol. My milk did nothing like dry up and when they boys returned from their trip, they were super aggressive about nursing.
Edited by seraf - 10/14/13 at 5:46ampost #1210 of 272810/14/13 at 5:49am
Both of my kids were up at 7am. I feel like you guys right now.
DH is so pleasant in the mornings. It makes me want to throat punch him.
I like your brick, Sara.
Jaimee, I want to steal your "booing" idea but I feel like no one else in my neighborhood with go with it. They're all pretty lame/old around here, LOL.
Coffee.post #1211 of 272810/14/13 at 6:06amThread Starterpost #1212 of 272810/14/13 at 6:12amMorning, all!
Jaimee, when I was a teacher we used to do the boo thing. I think people do it at offices, too. They might even be doing it at mine...? No one would boo me, though, because I am antisocial.
Yay apples, Ash!
Sara, the stamp looks awesome. Sorry about weaning. Maybe you just need to take more frequent trips away alone. Lol.
Nicole, yay throat punch!post #1213 of 272810/14/13 at 6:28ampost #1214 of 272810/14/13 at 6:33amThread Starter
You just have to wait it out b/c eventually they'll run out of people who haven't already been booed.
Nicole, bummer! You could start it within a group of friends that have kids. Not as random, but could still be fun!post #1215 of 272810/14/13 at 7:11amMorning ladies... I am back!
I took a few days off from the internet, just to deal with stuff. Eli has had diarrhea for the last three days. It's been brutal.
The weather is nice here.
Ugh, not super sure what to think.... So I am not sure if I have a touch of what Eli has or if I am ... Pregnant. For the last two days I have been super nauseous... All the time. Like right now too. My back has been achy like it would if I had my AF, and I feel crampy, again like AF but no AF. I don't chart, but my last AF was the 13th of September. Generally my cycle is 28-30 days long. Now, I took a pregnancy test this morning but it is negative... Might it have been too early to do one? Maybe I should just roll with the nausea a couple of days and see what happens and then test again if AF doesn't show?
Off to find some ginger and have some tea...post #1216 of 272810/14/13 at 7:37amThread Starter
Hey Sonja! Sorry about all the diarrhea! Glad to have you back. So many things can affect cycles including stress and illness. I wouldn't be too concerned until AF is a week late. I would suggest waiting at least several days to test again, if you can. But definitely keep us posted!!!
Speaking of AF, this has been one of the worst periods I've had in a while. Bone aching, pain, heavy bleeding, leaking, ugh...post #1217 of 272810/14/13 at 7:51amThe nausea is unbearable:(. That was the way we found out I was pregnant with Eli (that an my sudden dislike for chocolate lol).. I got morning sickness right from the start, found out at about 4 weeks pregnant. I will wait it out and see what happens. Have no ginger on hand, thanksgiving here, not sure if I am going to find an open drug store near me. *sigh*. Will check the natural market for ginger when we go out.post #1218 of 272810/14/13 at 8:26amHi, Sonja! Sorry about the diarrhea. That's never fun. Are you guys wanting to be pregnant again? I agree with Jaimee, just wait it out. If nothing happens, test again.
I don't know if I should be mad right now or not. DH went down for a nap, leaving me with both kids... Again. I'm alone with these guys ten hours a day while he works and now he's napping so I'm alone again. But IDK if my irritation is okay because I nap every day, too. I just do it once he's gone. I just had some errands I needed to run that I would have rather had done alone or with DH so I'm not trucking both kids around.post #1219 of 272810/14/13 at 8:26ampost #1220 of 272810/14/13 at 8:29am
How would you feel about that Sonja, if you were pregnant?
Sara, is your area big on free masons? Your stamp is awesome. The design reminds me of the free mason brick design, but I think their star is 5 points.
I would boo people if I wasnt so lazy. I just barely started DD1's costume, and havent even put our decorations up. Boo on me.
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › What's Happening Today? 1 minute ago
- › Antibiotics for bacteria in urine sample 2 minutes ago
- › Unwanted Baby Gifts 4 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread 4 minutes ago
- › son walked in on me having sex 5 minutes ago
- › Is anyone planning on EC with their newbie? 8 minutes ago
- › Book Recommendations 9 minutes ago
- › Thinking of going Paleo after the Holidays 19 minutes ago
- › Neighbor boy's unfiltered insults hurting my family 19 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh